RECENTLY SCAMMED!? (Update July 2024)

14,142 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by GA Aggie
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
There has been an influx in reports of being scammed by a particular user (with multiple accounts) on this board. We have quickly banned these user accounts upon credible reports.

Additionally, this issue has been discussed with local authorities, and if you feel you have been a victim of this activity, it is suggested you report the occurrence at:

https://www.cstx.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=12410917&pageId=13506000

In the mean time, it is suggested that you only deal with accounts that have been active for a year or more and have an AgTag.

ALSO, AVOID USERS OFFERING TICKETS ONLY VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE and do not meet the criteria above.

Please report any fraud or scammers at https://texags.com/contact
missinAggieland
AG
Could we come up with a verified sellers list? Keep it stickied at the top. Names of users who have successfully transferred tickets on this site with verification by the buyer?

It could help some to know who is safe to buy from.
Irish 2.0
ooshwa said:

There has been an influx in reports of being scammed by a particular user (with multiple accounts) on this board. We have quickly banned these user accounts upon credible reports.

Additionally, this issue has been discussed with local authorities, and if you feel you have been a victim of this activity, it is suggested you report the occurrence at:

In the mean time, it is suggested that you only deal with accounts that have been active for a year or more and have an AgTag.

Please report any fraud or scammers at https://texags.com/contact
Kind of B/S to use the bolded part. An "and/or" would be more appropriate considering what percentage of your posters don't have AgTags? Be it lost in a previous handle, friends/family of Ags, fans that didn't attend but post here routinely, etc..

I'd be more than happy to go through some sort of "Trusted Buyer/Seller" authentication. But to leave it strictly at "AgTag" is an unnecessary inclusion IMO.
wfagsc03
Just got scammed out of $250

Texags username is 12thfoundationag
Asked to Zelle to lostsurfer36@yahoo.com
Name is Kevin Folkner
Number is 972-783-5280

Private messaged me about tickets available for tonight's game and I fell for it
ooshwa
Staff
AG
ooshwa said:

.... if you feel you have been a victim of this activity, it is suggested you report the occurrence at:

ol' army '65
AG
Use PAYPAL and you won't lose $$. It is worth the 3% fee.
schwertnerag
AG
Yes, I'm not on often but tried to get an AgTag and I couldn't for some reason. I will try again but that shouldn't be the only factor.
Joephil2123
I could be experiencing a similar issue; my account was hacked twice, and I had to get a new ag tag twice. Now, I'm attempting to obtain another one for my new account, but I'm struggling. Does anyone know how to handle this situation?
Sq 17
Also one way to minimize your downside is send them 1/3 of the agreed ticket price then he sends you one ticket then you send 1 1/3 of ticket price

you just keep alternating sending money sending tickets until all money and tickets are transferred

Sorry you got scammed
cliff clavin
AG
Numerous complaints about phone number 979-429-3744. Very much a scam and goes in line with everything posted in this thread.
Tejas Ag
AG
Stay away from a seller "Whitney" says she is class of 98 and then husband robert is 00 - scammed me
devastor
AG
email is whit255011s @ gmail.com
Tejas Ag
AG
Exactly - so shady - told me a story about what class they were and their husband

I learned a lesson
Deerdude
secAg_098 ring a bell to anybody? Trying to sell me some tickets. Don't see them listed on this forum.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Deerdude said:

secAg_098 ring a bell to anybody? Trying to sell me some tickets. Don't see them listed on this forum.
new account, no tags, purchased basic sub (perhaps to avoid restrictions). i would avoid.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
in fact, upon further inspection, the account has now been banned.
Deerdude
Yea did not look right.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
good catch. for everyone, please review my warning at the top. be especially wary of accounts less than a year old.

Quote:

...this issue has been discussed with local authorities, and if you feel you have been a victim of this activity, it is suggested you report the occurrence at:

Deerdude
ooshwa said:

Where do you get this info on mobile app? I was trying to check posts and membership and could not find.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Tapping on a username in the forums will provide you with their user profile, including a positing history. My decision to ban the account, however, came from private information.
Deerdude
Yea our conversation was interesting but I went in with. Much suspicion. Thanks
Mairzy Doats
AG
Pretty sure I almost just got scammed. Guy said he was 96AgGrad but wouldnt message me and said he was in hawaii and couldnt logon to texags account.

Btw... Im not saying 96AgGrad is the scammer. Thats the name he said was his handle, which I doubt it was.
valtosca
AG
ooshwa said:

Thanks for banning them! Please look into "jjksterag" too.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
No AgTag and a very recent account.

United and 12MF badges are just a matter of donating and can be done instantly by anyone.

I would proceed with great caution.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
...actually, I don't see this user posting in the ticket exchange. If he's offering you tickets just through PM, I would avoid. Let me know if this is the case.
valtosca
AG
ooshwa said:

...actually, I don't see this user posting in the ticket exchange. If he's offering you tickets just through PM, I would avoid. Let me know if this is the case.
That's right, both those accounts are offering directly via PM. Very sus.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Warning for Agsinheart. This is most likely a scammer:

213 Grove
AG
If you get a text about tickets from 972-312-5507

ITS A SCAM!!!
SirDeofWood
AG
cliff clavin said:

Numerous complaints about phone number 979-429-3744. Very much a scam and goes in line with everything posted in this thread.

This dude just texted me. How the hell did he get my phone number?
Aggie09Derek
AG
SirDeofWood said:

cliff clavin said:

This dude just texted me. How the hell did he get my phone number?

Took about 20 seconds for me to find it
SirDeofWood
AG
Oops. Haha glad I posted that….
ahpetty33
AG
does the number and word format of posting a phone number help eliminate some of the potential scammers? e.g 81seven three43 55hundred
sushi94
AG
I think I was just scammed from the number listed above 979-429-3744
highpriorityag
Aggiecadet said:
Got 4 in section Section 340, let me know if you're interested

ThreeZeroThree-4NineEight-5ive8Seven5

Aggiecadet is a scammer
Txmoe
AG
Guy that got me is still active. You can see his deets in my post: https://texags.com/forums/11/topics/3023297/replies/67473647
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.