*** MOVIE TRAILERS & RELEASE DATES ***

544,914 Views | 4365 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Mikeyshooter
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TMNT The Last Ronin is now my most anticipated movie in the next few years. Being rated R is absolutely necessary, so I'm glad they are going all in. It's pretty dark.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Sapper Redux
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Slided bread
AG
scorsese going to need to live to 90 to finish the wager adaptation, sinatra, and jesus movies
Max Power
AG
AgTrip
The Marksman
AG
AgTrip said:

This looks terrible and cool at the same time
Prime0882
AG
AgTrip said:

As a giant Transformers fan who watched the original on Saturday mornings, I'm clearly not within the intended audience's age bracket for this one. Looks too much like a random DreamWorks animated script they had collecting dust they decided to make the Transformers as the main characters.

I hope it does well enough to get a more mature movie down the line. There are a ton of great Transformer comics arcs from IDW or the new Skybound run that could be a good source material for an animated movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Max Power said:

Hell yes. Been waiting on this. In.
TCTTS
AG
Hit Man
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20215968/
May 24, 2024 = Theatrical
June 7, 2024 - Netflix

TCTTS
AG
Trap
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26753003/
August 9, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
Transformers One
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8864596/
September 20, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Max Power said:

Hell yes. Been waiting on this. In.

It's a fun premise and I'll probably see it, but man it also looks way cheesier than I was expecting. Not to mention, "Lady Raven" is a terrible pop star name, and she's played by Shyamalan's own daughter, featuring her own original songs, which I can't imagine are going to be any good.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

It's a fun premise and I'll probably see it, but man it also looks way cheesier than I was expecting. Not to mention, "Lady Raven" is a terrible pop star name, and she's played by Shyamalan's own daughter, featuring her own original songs, which I can't imagine are going to be any good.

Shyamalan's nepotism is over the top to say the least. Servant was partly a vehicle just for this daughter's music career. A couple of episodes served no purpose really other than to be long-ass music videos for her.
TCTTS
AG
Ugh, glad I skipped that one.

So he has one "pop star" daughter and then another who's directing her first feature this summer, The Watchers.

On one hand, I guess you could consider him dad of the century for helping them with their careers, but yeah, on the other hand, it all does feel a little gross. More so the Lady Raven stuff.
Apache
AG
Quote:

Leonardo DiCaprio has been cast as Frank Sinatra in a biopic directed by Martin Scorsese
I don't know how this will do..... seems about 10 years too late. The Greatest & Silent Generation that were the bulk of the Sinatra fans are gone. Older Boomers might care. As a Gen X'er myself, I might watch it when it comes out on TV. People younger than 30 might not even be able to name a Sinatra song or know who he was.

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Isn't she a little old for him?
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
cena05
AG
Maybe a strange take, but I wish animated movies would use random voice actors instead of celebs.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Transformers One
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8864596/
September 20, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

What in the world did I just watch?
Apache
AG
Quote:

Not to mention, "Lady Raven" is a terrible pop star name
Lady Gaga?
Pink?
Dido?

Fits right in IMO.
TCTTS
AG
I kind of sort of like the animation, but literally everything else looks/sounds terrible. The tone is so weird. Also, why would Transformers need to transform on their home planet? I thought the whole point was that they needed to transform only on Earth in order to blend in, and that they were otherwise basically just "normal" robots.
TCTTS
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

Not to mention, "Lady Raven" is a terrible pop star name
Lady Gaga?
Pink?
Dido?

Fits right in IMO.

Gaga, Dido, Dua Lipa, Beyonce, etc are all at least catchy, original names. Even Pink works for the most part.

"Lady Raven," on the other hand, has zero pizazz/originality, and sounds like a generic Dungeons & Dragons character, or like someone you'd find at a Renaissance fair.
Sex Panther
AG
I actually think Servant is the best thing he's done in forever and thoroughly enjoyed every season of it... but just this one episode in particular, her music was so in your face, I thought - "There must be something he's trying to tell us with this song" - so I looked it up... Nope - it's just his daughter who's an aspiring musician so now she's the official soundtrack of the show apparently. It was pretty eye-rolling... even though she's admittedly not terrible.

I don't know anything about his other daughter as far as talent goes. I think she directed a few episodes of Servant - and for all I know she may be a legitimate prodigy. But I think it's a complete joke she is directing a major motion picture at 22 years old - and pretty insulting to people in the industry. You know more than anybody else TC, how many people in the entertainment industry work their ass off for years. With the vast majority of those never getting a break - and Shyamalan seems to be pretty shamelessly fast-tracking his kids with opportunities.

Probably a different discussion not for this thread, but Hollywood nepotism is so prevalent and out of control at this point. But I guess it's always been that way really...
Sex Panther
AG
cena05 said:

Maybe a strange take, but I wish animated movies would use random voice actors instead of celebs.

I don't prefer it either way... but I've always thought it was odd to do so. Big names have to be way more expensive, and I've never understood how they would lead to more ticket sales, especially for kid's movies. Kids are going to want to see Mario Bros and whatever Disney movie is out regardless of whether Chris Pratt is the voice.

But I'm sure the research shows I'm wrong and they know that big names result in more returns
Apache
AG
I think they're almost all terrible names fwiw.
TCTTS
AG
Good to know, re: Servant.

And yeah, the nepotism thing is tough. It's absolutely out of control in a lot of regards, but then again, the fact that so many of these kids grow up on sets, and often have an intimate familiarity with the movie making process, in a weird way sometimes does make them better-equipped for the job(s). There's a familiarity there, to the point where the shine has worn off and it's just another job to them, which can help, and I can understand/appreciate.

But yeah, there definitely still somehow needs to be more of an "earn it" element at play. Like, if Shyamalan first made his daughter at least be a PA (which is the low man on the totem pole) on a few sets, and then work her way up in various departments, with the promise he'll fund her first movie at 25 or something. And who knows, maybe she did take some of those steps, but no matter how you slice it 22 feels way too young. If only because I can't image a bunch of uber-experienced crew in their 30s, 40s, and 50s having to take orders from her.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

I kind of sort of like the animation, but literally everything else looks/sounds terrible. The tone is so weird. Also, why would Transformers need to transform on their home planet? I thought the whole point was that they needed to transform only on Earth in order to blend in, and that they were otherwise basically just "normal" robots.
Yeah, I think if they just had the sidekicks as the main characters it would be a fun movie, but having Orion Pax and whatever Megatron used to be called as lovable knuckleheads is a bit of an off beat when every person living on this planet is fully aware that Megatron becomes a genocidal maniac.

It's like if they had a "young Gandalf and Saruman" movie where them were working as life guards one crazy summer, trying to save up to buy their first wands and getting laid as much as possible
TCTTS
AG
Spot on.
swimmerbabe11
If she doesn't look/sound/act like this, I am disappointed.

swimmerbabe11

this is what google gave me.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 125

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.