Diablo IV

106,117 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by txag2k
javajaws
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Are we sure that wasn't just for the beta to limit the burden on the servers?

I don't really see a performance impact there. Pretty sure it's just the way they built it.

And yes, there will be more variety overall in dungeons in the additional acts. But for any given dungeon I'd still say each is only partly procedurally generated. Hoping that the large number will partly make up for it...but given the heavy reuse in the act 1 dungeons I'm not getting my hopes up.
Lathspell
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Are we sure that wasn't just for the beta to limit the burden on the servers?
I am talking based on the Closed End Game beta, which was specifically done for players to test the end game and give feeback.

The dungeon layouts are not procedurally generated, at least as of now. Each dungeon was always the same for every replay, and the only thing that changed were the mobs that filled it, and sometimes events that occured.
Lathspell
AG
Here's more about end game. This is all the same from what I remember from the closed beta:

Madmarttigan
AG
PvP looks like the division darkzone, could be interesting but I bet it is a horrible imbalanced mess.

People kind of crapping on the video for everything being pretty bland including paragon system. I suppose they aren't introducing anything ground breaking into the end game but what looter shooter/ARPG really has in a long time? It's always the same repetitive killing of things. I'd honestly just be happy if they made great group content to enjoy with friends versus dumb speed runs over and over.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Updates made to the game based on beta feedback:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23938289/diablo-iv-open-beta-retrospective-transforming-feedback-into-change

WGann3
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Updates made to the game based on beta feedback:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23938289/diablo-iv-open-beta-retrospective-transforming-feedback-into-change

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised they acted so quick on this feedback. I thoroughly enjoyed the beta but I figured it was basically what we'd get at launch and chalked the beta up to be more of a server stress test and marketing effort. The cellar/dungeon improvements, class improvements, and binding move/interact to a single key are all great changes.
Hagen95
AG
Already nerfing corpse explosion.
All I do is Nguyen
So random question for everyone:

A buddy of mine is having an authentication issue with blizzard where he can't play D2R or the D4 beta. He can play WoW but has to enter his PW at the title screen rather than the launcher auto logging him in like usual. Same issue with D3. I've walked him through uninstalling and reinstalling the battle net launcher, deleting the cache folder, and many other steps.

I can log into his account from my PC and blizz could also log in so I don't think it's an account issue. My next step is resetting his PC back to factory's settings (it's an Alienware laptop btw).

Has anyone had a similar issue and how did you fix it?

PS he's also having to login to his gmail and work email accounts every time he wants to check his email also. Not sure if it may be a TPM issue or something else
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Madmarttigan
AG
Blood necro still pretty nutty.
javajaws
AG
New beta announced for May 12-14. Supposed to include the changes made since last beta including balance changes. I assume it'll be the same build they GA with other than emergency fixes as needed. Seems to be mostly to test the backend.
txag2k
AG
javajaws said:

New beta announced for May 12-14. Supposed to include the changes made since last beta including balance changes. I assume it'll be the same build they GA with other than emergency fixes as needed. Seems to be mostly to test the backend.

Sweet!!
Lathspell
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
How about you give us summary of a 2 hour video
Lathspell
AG
Madmarttigan said:

How about you give us summary of a 2 hour video
You're such a bum.
WGann3
AG
https://www.purediablo.com/diablo-4-developer-chat-recap
Madmarttigan
AG
Glad some of the dungeons are being changed up. The pacing and back tracking seemed off for some. Wildly different completion times just because of the layout.

Also like that Altars of Lilith are a one time thing for stats.
Hagen95
AG
The completionist in me had to go find those things.
Madmarttigan
AG
Well I mean it actually benefits your character so I definitely will go and find all of them one time so I have it for every character in the future.
Hagen95
AG
You guys get ready for last beta.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't even know what I'm playing but it's already installed.

I guess the only character I haven't played is sorc.
FatZilla
AG
They need to make Ashava spawn every 30m during the weekend, max 1 hr. Waiting 3 hours on a single mob is ****ing dumb and only 12ppl can get in per instance. It takes me back to my Everquest days of having to spend days spawn camping for drops for your Epics.
txag2k
AG
FatZilla said:

They need to make Ashava spawn every 30m during the weekend, max 1 hr. Waiting 3 hours on a single mob is ****ing dumb and only 12ppl can get in per instance. It takes me back to my Everquest days of having to spend days spawn camping for drops for your Epics.
Yes please! I know I'll hit 20 on Friday but missing a good group on Sat will suck arse.
benMath08
AG
The schedule is known in advance though so you don't really have to "wait". What do you mean by only 12 people can get in per instance? I know the fights themselves are instanced but so is every dungeon. If you're there at the time (and you also get reminded in game beforehand), you'll fight her.
Rule Number 32
AG
downloading now - lets see if my computer can handle D4 or not. D3 was a bit of a struggle at times but hopefully I can at least play.
Artorias
AG
Is server slam the same content as the first two betas?
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah still only first act but strangely level cap lowered to 20
Cromagnum
AG
I'm gonna have to juggle D4, SF6, and a couple weeks later FFXVI. June is gonna be good times for gamers.
Lathspell
AG
D4 will only come after I finish Tears of the Kingdom
txag2k
AG
Im in GAME BOYS!!
bbattbq01
AG
Cromagnum said:

I'm gonna have to juggle D4, SF6, and a couple weeks later FFXVI. June is gonna be good times for gamers.

Bad time for my wife
Rule Number 32
AG
well, the game runs but doesnt run well AT ALL on my machine so looks like I probably wont buy the full game. Too bad, it seems like a lot of fun so far. But getting like 5 fps in city and anytime more than a few monsters are on screen is no bueno
txag2k
AG
javajaws
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

well, the game runs but doesnt run well AT ALL on my machine so looks like I probably wont buy the full game. Too bad, it seems like a lot of fun so far. But getting like 5 fps in city and anytime more than a few monsters are on screen is no bueno
I admittedly have a fairly recent computer - but the few minutes I played earlier today ran smoother than the previous 2 betas....fwiw.

It it's been awhile since you have upgraded you might want to start thinking about it.
Rule Number 32
AG
It's been quite a while and running on a laptop, so I knew my chances were slim. Was hoping I could turn the graphics down enough but doesn't look possible. I'll enjoy the beta and then live vicariously through all of you. 3 kids makes gaming hard anyway so probably for the best
Madmarttigan
AG
Runs great on a series S and they are pretty dang cheap on sale. Even has discord integration to play with the pc people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.