Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets - Swing and Longer Term Trades

156,913 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone is in CWH what's driving the price down so much? Are people scared that if covid restrictions are over their sales will crater?

I'm tempted to buy some LEAPS here but I wanted to make sure there wasn't any really bad news first.
YouBet
AG
PLUG closed at $25.00 today.

The only thing that pisses me off about this is that I didn't buy a sh^t load more of it along the way.

Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

Sorry man. I know it's painful.
59 South
AG

Great stock to have in a retirement account with this dividend. I suspect the bottom is in with the recent sell off.
azul_rain
Bump
YouBet
AG
Anyone know anything about Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The name sounds familiar but I can't place why. Looking them up, I've met a couple of their BOD but it would have been before they were with this company.
CaptnCarl
AG
Yes, the largest carrier of refined products in the US. Magellan ships everything from diesel, fuel additives, custom blends, ethanol, etc, which is a huge differentiator from other public pipeline operators.

One of my old colleagues, who I also talk stocks with, spent like 20 years there and swears they are the best ran company. They are a large buy and hold for him.

YouBet
AG
CaptnCarl said:

Yes, the largest carrier of refined products in the US. Magellan ships everything from diesel, fuel additives, custom blends, ethanol, etc, which is a huge differentiator from other public pipeline operators.

One of my old colleagues, who I also talk stocks with, spent like 20 years there and swears they are the best ran company. They are a large buy and hold for him.

I own some based on recommendation from my mom. Your mom!

I have a small play with this. It's up 27% since I purchased it towards their 52 week low so that's worked out so far. Thought I would get a second opinion out of curiously.
Post removed:
by user
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Also in the CWH long club.

This feels kinda like OSTK. The revenue and leadership in place look great, numbers went down after earnings inexplicably, and at some point it seems to make sense that it would absolutely blast off. But the market is irrational , so who knows.
gougler08
AG
third coast.. said:

59 South said:

Great stock to have in a retirement account with this dividend. I suspect the bottom is in with the recent sell off.

I'm holding

I'm long in the retirement account
azul_rain
Boeing will recover, I don't see why the nations largest defense contractor won't get gov help
YouBet
AG
hedge said:

Boeing will recover, I don't see why the nations largest defense contractor won't get gov help
There is no way in hell they don't get help. The repercussions of a Boeing failure are far and wide and way more impactful than the general public realizes. It would be near catastrophic if they were allowed to fail.
azul_rain
Agreed
MRB10
AG
Any opinions on MFA? The precovid dividend is interesting but it's down 70% since covid. I think they may be in for a world of hurt during the next few years, given their REIT portfolio is MBS, credit risk transfer security, and residential whole loans, if there is volatility in the unemployment rate.

That said, a colleague made a six figure stock purchase this summer and it has me second guessing myself.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
fig96
AG
You couldn't pay me to touch anything real estate related right now.
azul_rain
Not even office space ?
krosch11
AG
MGNI cup and handle on the 5 min. More juice today?
fig96
AG
Are we shorting it?

As someone working in tech, the commercial real estate marketplace in particular is something I'm steering well clear of for a while. Tons of companies that swore they could never go remote were suddenly able to figure it out when they had to, and a lot of those companies are going to move towards more hybrid office/home models moving forward.

I don't see that doing good things for anyone with significant commercial real estate holdings.
azul_rain
I would think that work production is not at the same output pre corona and employers are itching to get their staff fully back. But maybe that's just me
MRB10
AG
hedge said:

I would think that work production is not at the same output pre corona and employers are itching to get their staff fully back. But maybe that's just me

I can say with certainty that this isn't the case for most tech/financial services professions but productivity is usually impacted by a number of factors. My company built a 350M campus in Plano in 2018 expecting to fill two 19 story towers. That expectation has been cut in half since COVID and they're now looking for long term tenants for one of the towers.

Hidden Brain podcast has an episode out this week that talks about it if you're interested.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

fig96
AG
Yup, I'm in Austin and tech jobs here are already starting to shift to fully remote or at least include remote options moving forward. I know of several big tech companies who are changing office expansion plans similarly to what you mentioned.

That may not apply the same across all industries, but it's definitely going to be significant enough to see some effects.
JSKolache
AG
YouBet said:

Anyone know anything about Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP)?
Look at all pipelines, they pay greats divs
YouBet
AG
hedge said:

It's better post corona at my former employer. The real question is how long that is sustainable until you figure out your permanent work arrangement be it at work, remote, or hybrid.
Carlo4
AG
Edit wrong page
BTHOB-98
Here's where I am

AAPL- 85%. - got in for $108 in 2007ish
TSLA - 10% - got in for $292 in Jan 2019
ZG- 9% - got in for $83 in May
ABEV 1% - got in for $2.76 in Septemberish

AAPL is obvious to me. People think of them as a phone company but I see them as a service company. When that final shift is realized in the minds of common folk traders I think it has potential be up there with google and Amazon. We will see.

I'm staying in unless I see storms brewing. I really like TSLA. I think people are still missing the boat here. Fighting what it is and what it can be. If they take even 10% of the truck share from Ford and Chevy that's worth billions of dollars.

ZILLOW - The may not take over the real estate industry but like Tesla they want a bigger piece. What they are working towards is online internal sales. If they end up with 10%-20% of the market that is worth billions. It's a shift that I think is coming. There will always be a place for Realtors but Zillow will take A piece of market share. I also believe that Costar is preparing to try and acquire Zillow at some point. This would be pretty huge.

ABEV - People drink a lot of energy drinks. Gross. Lol

Tell me how dumb I am. Lol

MRB10
AG
Those of you with bonds in your tax deferred accounts... what are you in?

I have a 10% allocation and am 100% long term investment grade. I'm wanting to diversify things a bit and am considering TIPS or high yield junk/non investment grade. Any thoughts?
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

SW AG80
AG
Any opinions on what MSFT will do in the next 6 months? Sounds like the lawsuit Salesforce has filed has merit.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
NTXAg10 said:

Those of you with bonds in your tax deferred accounts... what are you in?

I have a 10% allocation and am 100% long term investment grade. I'm wanting to diversify things a bit and am considering TIPS or high yield junk/non investment grade. Any thoughts?

In the past when I've looked into TIPS they didn't look good compared to other inflation protected investments, but I haven't really looked at them this year.

You might be able to find some fallen angels that are now junk status that have a reasonable chance to reclaim their investment grade after covid.
FJ43
In! Just noticed this thread 59 and have it on my watch list now. Thanks for starting it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

I bleed maroon
AG
Looking for Speculative Buy-And-Hold Recommendations on Bitcoin/alternatives:

So, as I don't understand the first thing about cryptocurrency but would like to dabble a bit to reduce currency risk and to speculate. I'd like to spread the risk by opening 3-4 positions that complement each other, or at least are a bit uncorrelated. I'm hoping this would reduce my risk on any one holding, but give me a bit of a diversified bet on crypto.

I am somewhat familiar with GBTC and MARA, but would like to hear other ideas. THANKS!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I bleed maroon said:

So, as I don't understand the first thing about cryptocurrency but would like to dabble a bit to reduce currency risk and to speculate. I'd like to spread the risk by opening 3-4 positions that complement each other, or at least are a bit uncorrelated. I'm hoping this would reduce my risk on any one holding, but give me a bit of a diversified bet on crypto.

I am somewhat familiar with GBTC and MARA, but would like to hear other ideas. THANKS!

Bitcoin is at its historic high right now. Now you could buy more now, but I tend to hold when papers start talking about how great it is, and then buy when papers are saying it's worthless and won't be a long term solution.

Not familiar with any of the others. That's just my lazy investing strategy for it.
I bleed maroon
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I bleed maroon said:

Bitcoin is at its historic high right now. Now you could buy more now, but I tend to hold when papers start talking about how great it is, and then buy when papers are saying it's worthless and won't be a long term solution.

Not familiar with any of the others. That's just my lazy investing strategy for it.
I am planning on buying on the next pullback. I almost pulled the trigger during last week's minor retraction, but wanted to research a bit more. Thanks!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.