Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

320,081 Views | 2158 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Red Pear Realty
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But then who does he sell to. He is not paying a 1.50-2.00 less and then keeping them

They turn and burn So to who does he sell and make that money

maddiedou
Esteban du Plantier
AG
maddiedou said:

But then who does he sell to. He is not paying a 1.50-2.00 less and then keeping them

They turn and burn So to who does he sell and make that money

The coin shop is mostly sold out of bullion. There are always buyers in there cleaning them out. He may buy only a couple days of supply, he's not sitting on stuff he bought long ago. He doesn't care the spot price, he's just scalping the spread.
Andrew Dufresne
maddiedou said:

It is a gamble and a long gamble if you are smart enough to always buy at 5-10 dollars

I don't know if you have been paying attention, but Silver hasn't even come close to this range in well over 10 years.

Also, the SLV paper market pricing of Silver is losing credence by the day. Pay attention to auction sites like eBay like I do and you will know actual market prices. Talking about buying at $5 in this day and age is a JOKE
maddiedou
AG
The point was the gamble and I was with you until you used ebay as the auction site that you refer to get your prices

But I did find something and I have no clue if this is a viable company or not for those wanting silver eagles
maddiedou
AgEng06
AG
I say that's a not a viable site since those Eagles would be over half off at that price.
aunuwyn08
AG
If you're buying eagles below 32 from anywhere these days - you're buying fakes.
maddiedou
AG
10-4. I did not know. It was a brief quick ebay search

Thanks. For letting everybody know.
maddiedou
Esteban du Plantier
AG
maddiedou said:

10-4. I did not know. It was a brief quick ebay search

Thanks. For letting everybody know.

There are legit places, like Littleton, that you can get a cheap eagle but it's only one and you get sucked into a subscription. You can cancel, but it's a pita to get a discount on just one eagle.

Spot price is made up. There's no silver to be bought at $26 more like $31.50 for generics.

There's always been a premium on minted silver, but it used to be like a dollar, now it's $6. That's just an inefficiency between actual price and 'spot'.
maddiedou
AG
Thanks. I dont buy silver eagle well I try not to but sometime I have but this was months ago in a whole coin purchase Thanks for the reply
maddiedou
Post removed:
by user
MRB10
AG
Added some England silver and a small amount of Canada gold. The premiums on gold coins have gotten nuts.
Aggiemike96
AG
Who's buying the silver dip? It's been falling since Friday.
Post removed:
by user
Ted Lasso
AG
added brittanias @29.26/troy oz
Aggiemike96
AG
Nice! Care you share who you purchased through? I usually shop BullionExchanges or SD Bullion.
MRB10
AG
Why gold over silver with the premiums being what they are? I'm not being critical but am genuinely curious.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ted Lasso
AG
sdbullion
Txhuntr
AG
I bought what I thought was the dip on Saturday. Ah well, I'll find bottom next time
ChiefKiefton
Just got my shipment of 2oz queens beasts. Love these coins!
Post removed:
by user
Txhuntr
AG
Heraeus and RCM. Also have a fair amount of SMI's just because of how cheap they are, and easily verified with a $15 decoder.
Aggiemike96
AG
In for 50 ozt for $1,403.
mwp02ag
AG
Texas Precious Metals is having a flash sale on gold coins today. $69/oz premium, $31 savings, if anyone is interested.
Skillet Shot
I'm new to buying physical PMs. Thinking about buying some american silver eagles to start out with. Silver gold bull has them for $35/each. Any other suggestions?
AgEng06
AG
Skillet Shot said:

I'm new to buying physical PMs. Thinking about buying some american silver eagles to start out with. Silver gold bull has them for $35/each. Any other suggestions?
I'd probably buy the Maple Leafs they have on sale today instead. They are ~$31.8x per coin.
Skillet Shot
When buying online, do y'all link your bank account to get the discount? Or pay with credit?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Skillet Shot
The main benefit of ASE's are the tax implications correct? If I sell, I don't pay capital gains taxes?
Lol I'm sure I'll sell this investment as well as I do my ammo investments, aka never.
Post removed:
by user
Skillet Shot
Ok, i ended up getting 5 each of ASE and Canadian maples. So it begins..
ChiefKiefton
Skillet Shot said:

The main benefit of ASE's are the tax implications correct? If I sell, I don't pay capital gains taxes?
Lol I'm sure I'll sell this investment as well as I do my ammo investments, aka never.

If you are paying taxes for buying or selling precious metals, you are doing it wrong.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.