Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

320,467 Views | 2158 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Red Pear Realty
redsquirrelAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really enjoy this thread. Harley and Maddie are super informative.

I just want to watch the world burn.
El Chupacabra
Jabin said:

What department were they in? Jewelry?

Billings Montana. Also no sales tax here. Lady was standing at the front entrance with a sign asking everyone if they wanted to buy gold. Should have maxed out the Amex!
jagvocate
AG
Been on the water all day. I saw so many new messages on this thread my first thought was that the gold/silver revaluation had happened

Keep stacking

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'll go ahead and call thirds on those Morgans at 20x face, the cheapest i can find junk morgan dollars online is $27 ea
Cowman1
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'll go ahead and call thirds on those Morgans at 20x face, the cheapest i can find junk morgan dollars online is $27 ea

I'll buy some if they're any left. Thanks
Aggiemike96
AG
Southeast Texas folks, I hope you have power and hope you're well on your way to recovery.

PMs having a good week, overcoming the dip from Monday.
jagvocate
AG
1. Gold all-time high today
2. And this:

Aggiemike96
AG
Yikes!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Buy the dip, regards.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
redsquirrelAG
AG
Yep. May be one of the last times you see it this low.

Olympics have started. Unveiling of the 2nd seal and the next phase is here. Buckle up for this fall. The fall of the USA Corp goes live!
maddiedou
AG
jagvocate said:

1. Gold all-time high today
2. And this:

Well dang I missed buying before it hit the all time high

Oh wait

Any newcomers still reading this thread It is all speculations and everybody on here are alot smarter than me but if you buy gold or silver be ready to have throw away money if your investing in PM

And no I am not calling out posters about when to buy or not
maddiedou
El Chupacabra
Multiple spots with silver 99c over spot. Is that about as good as it gets these days?
El Chupacabra
bought some of these...1 oz Silver Vintage Art Rounds (Varied Condition, Any Mint) - Silver.com
techno-ag
AG
In the 27 range? No 30+ for a while I guess.
maddiedou
AG
El Chupacabra said:

bought some of these...1 oz Silver Vintage Art Rounds (Varied Condition, Any Mint) - Silver.com

If I was a silver buyer that is exactly what I would be buying and then looking for a few deals with ASE

maddiedou
jagvocate
AG
The only rule I know is buy when prices are slammed. Some slams are bigger than others.

I went in pretty deep on some SD Bullion silver rounds today. I did the "Dealer Choice" option to get the best price. Let's see if I got a pig in a poke. I'll post the results when they get here.

TTUArmy
jagvocate said:

The only rule I know is buy when prices are slammed. Some slams are bigger than others.

I went in pretty deep on some SD Bullion silver rounds today. I did the "Dealer Choice" option to get the best price. Let's see if I got a pig in a poke. I'll post the results when they get here.

Just picked up some silver this morning. Went with the high relief 2 oz coins because I didn't have any in the pile and they look nice.

TTUArmy
TTUArmy said:

jagvocate said:

Just picked up some silver this morning. Went with the high relief 2 oz coins because I didn't have any in the pile and they look nice.

https://www.apmex.com/product/226282/2-oz-silver-high-relief-round-barber-half

https://www.apmex.com/product/197567/2-oz-silver-high-relief-round-1921-peace-dollar

https://www.apmex.com/product/179911/2-oz-silver-high-relief-round-1804-dollar

3 each of the first 2 listed. And, 4 of the last one listed.
jagvocate
AG
Update: I got the dealer's brand of silver round, but I think it's a decent design, and at the end of the day, I just wanted the silver.

TXAggie4Christ
AG
I ordered some of the dealers choice too on Friday, will see what shows up this week.

Last time I did that with the bars, they sent the liberty version so was a bonus
GrimesCoAg95
AG
90% junk dimes are $.99 over spot and war nickels are $.49 over spot at APMEX.
TTUArmy
Anyone think we made a bottom in silver? Any thoughts on which way it moves after Powell speaks on interest rate cuts?
Heineken-Ashi
TTUArmy said:

Anyone think we made a bottom in silver? Any thoughts on which way it moves after Powell speaks on interest rate cuts?
I've made some recent posts on the stock market threads. I'm very bullish over the next couple of months but started tracking a bear scenario. If you search my posts around Saturday or Sunday you should see it. Lays out what I'm watching for.

Edit: Here's the link.

Stock Markets - Page 6540 | TexAgs

Silver pretty bullish so far off the lows, but I want to see one more micro push to $29$30 followed by a retrace no deeper than 61.8% of this move up in log mode. Any deeper and the scenario linked becomes highly possible.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
jagvocate
AG
I use a momentum approach that says if Silver stays above $28.07 after the Fed meeting, we should be on a new leg upwards. Not always right, so we'll see

TTUArmy
Gold is looking good. Silver will follow.
aunuwyn08
AG
Got a great deal on 1/10 toz gold Spanish lynx today, $80 lower than equivalent sized gold eagle on apmex.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Some damn good prices on big bags of junk on amex.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jagvocate
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

Thanks for the tip! I don't go to APMEX much anymore but I like this price. Better than a couple of other well known online dealers right now

maddiedou
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

That is a very good price With no wear you can not buy that product

But if it has 10-15 percent wear which is possible the worth is 8800 at 15 percent wear. And 9300 at 10 percent wear
maddiedou
redsquirrelAG
AG
They had rolls and smaller bags at .99 you have to play with looking individually at them, but overall I feel like Junk is lower than I have ever seen it before.
maddiedou
AG
I think its a good buy but some people get caught up in the junk silver and speaking from all my mistakes I have bought bery worn junk silver
maddiedou
El Chupacabra
1 oz Silver Round Varied Condition | Any Mint - Provident Metals

99 over spot
jagvocate
AG
Thanks maddiedou! Any idea where we can purchase junk silver in large quantities while knowing the amount of wear, prior to purchase?

maddiedou
AG
There is not a way to know They know because they weigh and then pay the seller the lower amount and then say 500.00 of junk silver

True 500.00 junk silver would weigh 361 troy or 396 ounces

15 percent wear 500.00 junk silver weighs. 307 troy
Or 337 ounces

Quite a bit of difference but I dontnonow how biying from a dealer you would ever know

Maybe I will weigh some of my junk for yall and post some pics Maybe it would helpsome of yall buying junk
What to look for

I am still doing sheetrock and painting for the zone and arbors for two more weeks so it will be after that
maddiedou

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.