Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,032 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
Another Doug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's more lame gotcha journalism, a controversial movie, crowdfunding participant's girlfriends outlook on life is not news and has nothing to do with the movie.
AGC
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Are we really playing gotcha here by trying to say that because he didn't say Qanon by NAME, that his peddling of all the horse**** conspiracies is somehow better and different?

I mean is that what this argument has devolved to at this point?

QAnon didn't stick so now you've got another angle?

Why does a movie about fighting trafficking rustle your jimmies so much?
Jsimonds58
AG
I don't have another "angle" I posted a story that I saw that's it dude.
AGC
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

I don't have another "angle" I posted a story that I saw that's it dude.

How was the movie itself? Have you seen it yet?
Jsimonds58
AG
Are you confusing me with someone else?
AGC
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Are you confusing me with someone else?

You're the guy whose only contributions are saying 'QAnon by any other name' and 'hey this guy who contributed to crowd funding is terrible.'

Why? Those are odd posts for a thread about a movie exposing sex trafficking, especially if you haven't seen it. I mean we all hate trafficking right? But here you are dogging it with crap thrown against the wall instead of supporting it or seeing it. Just doesn't make a lot of sense. So I was asking if you'd seen it or planned to, rather than assuming your only purpose here was to bad mouth a movie exposing trafficking (which is really terrible and we are all against I'm sure).
Squadron7
AG
Sound of Freedom will soon pass Indiana Jones 5 in domestic box office.
Jsimonds58
AG

Important context, original story seems to have been missing some details
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Finally saw this in the theater yesterday. Parents tagged along.

Strong message, but of course very tough to watch.
I thought it was good, but my parents shared a sentiment which I thought was an accurate description. Felt over-acted. Not that that matters because it has done very well and people need to see it, but it oftentimes felt like a direct-to-TV film.

Normally I'd recommend waiting for streaming to see this, but this is one of those where tickets need to keep selling to make waves and encourage action.

A family friend rented out a theater and is giving tickets away for the film later this month. Considering their return on investment has easily been 10x+ their budget, I hope they consider putting this on free streaming networks as soon as possible to maximize viewership. Hell, put it on network TV and PBS ASAP.

God's children aren't for sale, period.
Squadron7
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Important context, original story seems to have been missing some details

But you should trust and listen to us! We are professional journalists!
dreyOO
Professional propagandists!
Silvertaps
AG
Just finished Operation Toussaint that's showing on Amazon.
Documentary about Tim Ballard (character SoF is based on) and his fight against trafficking. Solid show!
StandUpforAmerica
Finally saw the movie this weekend. Like others have said, hard to watch at times, but a really solid movie.

IMO there really wasn't anything controversial in it. There was no "Left' or 'Right' characters.... it was simply a movie communicating a message. Not everyone has to like it, but I don't really understand how someone could be against this movie...... unless you're ok with the activities that they're highlighting.
Albatross Necklace
As of this weekend, Sound of Freedom's domestic box office ($172.8M) has passed Dial of Destiny ($172.6M)
Squadron7
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

As of this weekend, Sound of Freedom's domestic box office ($172.8M) has passed Dial of Destiny ($172.6M)

Kathleen Kennedy has pictures of every big in Hollywood screwing something unimaginably horrible.

Change my mind.
jokershady
AG
Just got out of the theatre with my wife while my kids enjoy their first day of school this year.

Never have I ever wanted to hug my kids more nor at the same time have I ever wanted to kill those that do evil like this….

Holy crap that was hard to watch but glad I did. Go see it if you haven't!
Albatross Necklace
Squadron7 said:

Albatross Necklace said:

Kathleen Kennedy has pictures of every big in Hollywood screwing something unimaginably horrible.

Change my mind.
Rumor is that one condition of Lucas selling Lucasfilm to Disney was that it would be run by his hand picked successor (Kennedy) and she would have a clause in her contract that prevents her from being fired by Disney execs.

Her contract was renewed after initial Star Wars success, but now Disney execs are trying to sideline her until her contract expires.
Squadron7
AG
Albatross Necklace said:

Squadron7 said:

Albatross Necklace said:

Change my mind.
Rumor is that one condition of Lucas selling Lucasfilm to Disney was that it would be run by his hand picked successor (Kennedy) and she would have a clause in her contract that prevents her from being fired by Disney execs.

Her contract was renewed after initial Star Wars success, but now Disney execs are trying to sideline her until her contract expires.

So, no more Green Lights until she gone.
GinMan
AG
https://x.com/lizcrokin/status/1692985082649227370?s=46&t=uy7uZp0lkoxIvHM8oNDyAw
aTmAg
AG
She also had Nazi midgets. I wouldn't put much stock into that, unless they named names.
GinMan
AG
aTmAg said:

She also had Nazi midgets. I wouldn't put much stock into that, unless they named names.

Now do Epstein and Harvey Weinstein….
aTmAg
AG
GinMan said:

aTmAg said:

Now do Epstein and Harvey Weinstein….
Epstein and Weinstein were named in the accusations long before they were arrested.

When people say "a famous (yet unnamed) family", then consider me doubtful.
Whos Juan
AG
GinMan said:

Somebody must've not been around in the 80's.

Satanic paranoia was everywhere. Not just on Oprah's show.
StinkyPinky
AG
Whos Juan said:

GinMan said:

Somebody must've not been around in the 80's.

Satanic paranoia was everywhere. Not just on Oprah's show.
Even in our music! Play it backwards and see for yourself? (not sure how to do that digitally now....)
Rocag
AG
Back in the 80's people were also saying you use your Dungeon's and Dragons books to summon demons. Wouldn't be surprised if Oprah got in on that, too. Do people not remember how trashy those daytime shows were? Springer was just that taken to the max.
StandUpforAmerica
Now over $177,000,000.
TyHolden
AG

Macarthur
Don't want the truth to come out? I thought the movie was going gang busters? You can't simultaneously claim persecution and it be one of the most watched films of the year.
TyHolden
AG
Macarthur said:

Don't want the truth to come out? I thought the movie was going gang busters? You can't simultaneously claim persecution and it be one of the most watched films of the year.
just posting the news. didn't say anything.
Macarthur
Well, there was certainly some commentary in that "news" tweet.
TyHolden
AG
Macarthur said:

Well, there was certainly some commentary in that "news" tweet.
my doctor only allows me to read 128 characters at a time....
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
lol as if they were being offered this movie for free
Beast of Burden
Macarthur said:

This seems like a bit of a shallow take. The movie went gangbusters despite not having traditional Hollywood backing in the form of marketing and theatre screens. It was a truly grassroots movement that moved it forward to all those eyeballs.

So no part of you understands how Netflix and Prime passing, despite the movie "going gang busters", doesn't feel like more of the same?

I'm not saying it is but your flippant response didn't seem as cut and dry as you portrayed it.
Macarthur
I actually think the way this was marketed was very good. And it was done deliberately.

And as the other poster said, I'm sure there's more to this than them just saying "Thanks, but no thanks" to something that theoretically would bring them lots of eyeballs. These companies aren't in the business of turning away eyeballs.

I actually find the comment in the tweet claiming "they" don't want you to know the truth quite shallow and insulting personally. Who is they? And they don't want you to see the film that has been playing for months and you can simply go to the theater and buy a ticket to see? That truth?
Another Doug
AG
This is just marketing. The studio has there own streaming platform, I am sure they will just this movie to drive subscriptions unless some one else pays through the nose. Once they maximize $ from subs, they will let one of the big boys host it for a bit. I like how according to that tweet, this movie is an expose on hollywood now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.