*** The Concert Thread ***

218,773 Views | 2404 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TXAG 05
AggieEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Just bought pit for Lamb of God/Mastodon

Same! Tour should be killer. Ashes of the wake AND leviathan played in entirety. Plus Kerry King.
Jim01
AG
Got an email that the IDLES show in Houston got moved from indoor to the lawn at White Oak, due to demand. This blows! Hate that lawn and was looking forward to seeing them in a small venue.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Saw Dylan at Smart Financial in Sugar Land a few years ago. It was better than I expected, although I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Glad I saw him, but don't ever need to see him again.

Agreed. Saw him at Bass Concert Hall in '15. Bucket list concert, but once is enough.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Heck, I saw Dylan with Willie in 2005ish and he was old then.
Goldie Wilson
Ol Jock 99 said:

Heck, I saw Dylan with Willie in 2005ish and he was old then.
I saw them both around the same time at Willie's 4th of July Picnic at the Stockyards. Two lasting memories from that is that it was unbearably hot and Dylan sounded terrible
spadilly
S
Saw Dylan at the Houston Rodeo in 2002 and decided once was enough as well. Glad I can say I saw him, but it was not great.
Terrible acoustics and he didn't say one single word between songs.
Know Your Enemy
AG
spadilly said:

Saw Dylan at the Houston Rodeo in 2002 and decided once was enough as well. Glad I can say I saw him, but it was not great.

There's plenty of reasons to not want to see Dylan these days but not talking between songs? Really?
spadilly
S
Oh, no, that wasn't the main reason. I realize my wording made it sound that way.

I just found it odd that he didn't say anything at all to the crowd, just got on stage, played, and left. Classic.
Know Your Enemy
AG
spadilly said:

Oh, no, that wasn't the main reason. I realize my wording made it sound that way.

I just found it odd that he didn't say anything at all to the crowd, just got on stage, played, and left. Classic.

Oh, OK. He NEVER speaks between songs. I think maybe once when I saw him at HOB Dallas he might have spoken. Some lady jumped on stage and tried to hug him from behind. My memory says he briefly commented something that show but I've seen him at least 5-6 times and that's just how he is.
jorgerr96

Guess I am seeing VW for the 10th time during the solar eclipse. Easily one of the best shows I will get to see in my life just bc of how special it is meant to be
WES2006AG
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Guess I am seeing VW for the 10th time during the solar eclipse. Easily one of the best shows I will get to see in my life just bc of how special it is meant to be
These guys haven't toured in forever. I have been patiently waiting to see them because they are one of my favorite bands ever. Of course they end up coming to Texas for a noon concert on a Monday.

ETA: looks like they have a new album coming out on 4/5 so hopefully that leads to a full tour after that. First I've seen of a firm release date for their new work. I am stoked to hear it.
jorgerr96

The last time they were in Austin was great. 2 reg shows at ACL Live + TV taping, so 3 days in a row. Made it to all three and got to meet Ezra at the end of night 3, he signed my self titled (Chris signed it the first night). Just need Baio and Rostam on it.

Imo VW got so much better last tour. Setlists all different every night, 2 and a half hour sets ... i just hated when people would get chosen for the fan request slot and they'd request something like Oxford Comma lol
Jim01
AG
Wasn't aware of the new album. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw them last tour (first time) and they were great, despite the sheety venue (White Oak Lawn)
WES2006AG
AG
Jim01 said:

Wasn't aware of the new album. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw them last tour (first time) and they were great, despite the sheety venue (White Oak Lawn)
At that time I was living walking distance from WOMH and had no idea they were there. One of my students had a concert tee on the next day and I was crushed. Missing out on that has made me a lot more aware of who is coming through Houston so I don't do that again.
agdoc2001
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

spadilly said:

There's plenty of reasons to not want to see Dylan these days but not talking between songs? Really?
If the performer doesn't dance, tell stories, or interact with the audience, you might as well stay home and listen to a CD
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LandArchSA
AG
I don't really listen to VW much but that is a pretty great idea on their part
Know Your Enemy
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

spadilly said:

If the performer doesn't dance, tell stories, or interact with the audience, you might as well stay home and listen to a CD

Depends on who you're going to see, I guess. Dylan lets his songs speak for him and I don't need anything else from one of his shows. Now if you're talking about a band like KISS then yeah I definitely want more than just the music.
jorgerr96

What's cool is it's been planned for years. Basically it all started like 6 or 7 years ago, before their 2019 album was out. On their Time Crisis radio show (Apple Music) Ezra talked that he wanted to do something for the next solar eclipse, then pointed out it falls on his 40th birthday, so they just brainstormed renting out a house and bring their friends, then in later shows he would mention he would like to just do a show during the eclipse. Now it's a reality
maroon barchetta
I realize I'm an old and not the target demographic that Ticketmaster is trying to reach, but does this ad in their weekly email really make anybody want to buy a ticket?

This tour name looks like he is trying too hard.

jorgerr96
The presales for Vampire Weekend were horrendous. I am driving back to austin tomorrow so no point in trying the other 3 presales. Resale is $269 on Stubhub but jumps to close to $400 after fees. I put a tweet offering $300 flat for a ticket so hopefully someone bites. The pit section is small, face value is $113 after fees but like I said these presales were horrible. I'll try general sale but if not I'll just bite and hope to score pit for $300, but I am not missing the show and 100% want to be up on the barricade.
Retired Principal
AG
About to purchase tickets for Garth Brooks in Vegas for a December show. Saw one of his shows in Houston a few years back and loved it.
WES2006AG
AG
I'm going to see him at Caesars in June. I've seen him about 5 times before and he is always great.
Retired Principal
AG
We are there for 3 nights, so looking for another show. If you or anyone else has a recommendation, let me know.
WES2006AG
AG
Retired Principal said:

We are there for 3 nights, so looking for another show. If you or anyone else has a recommendation, let me know.
Check to see if anyone is playing The Sphere. I am waiting to see if there is a concert there on one of the other nights we are in Vegas.
Jim01
AG
Tour announced and Houston is @ 713 Music Hall. Sign up for presale on their site.

Wish there was a better opener though. LA LOM is apparently an instrumental trio from LA. (LA League of Musicians)

thenational
AG
This is great news. Just heard the two new singles that dropped today. I'm liking it!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We're going to the Bend show. We had tickets to the 2020 Father of the Bride tour but it got cancelled because of stupid Covid.

Mike Gordon is the opener. I'm not really a Phish fan, and I know nothing about his solo stuff, but it should be fun.
jorgerr96

Gonna try for Red Rocks, Irving, and the final Austin show.

Irving is the weekend of Fan Expo Dallas so I can just stay there the weekend, Austin is the day before Formula 1 starts.

Band opening in Dallas, LA LOM, are good, just saw them recently open for Cory Wong.
WES2006AG
AG
That is fantastic news. Just got signed up for the presale. Excited to finally catch these guys live.
thenational
AG
link for presale?
thenational
AG
Nevermind.. got it
maroon barchetta
Wish I was seeing The Eagles tonight.
Goldie Wilson
jorgerr96 said:

Gonna try for Red Rocks, Irving, and the final Austin show.

Irving is the weekend of Fan Expo Dallas so I can just stay there the weekend, Austin is the day before Formula 1 starts.

Band opening in Dallas, LA LOM, are good, just saw them recently open for Cory Wong.
That weekend in Austin is gonna be nuts between concert(s), F1, and UGA at Texas football.
WES2006AG
AG
I'll be there side-stage row 6. Just looked at secondary prices out of curiosity and they are quite pricey. Guess that was to be expected.
One Louder
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Wish I was seeing The Eagles tonight.

Kiddoc and I are going!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.