Anyone seen Sound of Freedom?

125,706 Views | 1511 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by General Jack D. Ripper
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many times, TC, how many times? 1....2?

Get over yourself. The movie was mid. We shouldnt be on page 20, but here we are.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
How are we now talking about Putin and Ukraine in here
Another Doug
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

How are we now talking about Putin and Ukraine in here
In an effort to prove how non q-anon they were, pizza gate and Russia's brave and accurate news coverage of Hunter Biden were brought up. Putin and Ukraine naturally followed.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Naturally followed? Really?
BadMoonRisin
AG
TCTTS said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Why are you so mad, bro?

Over a movie you don't like and probably won't ever see?

Thats a lot of letters about why you don't care...

You're mistaking my calling people out for being "mad." I'm not the least bit angry anymore. Like I said, I mostly just find all of this funny now. Especially the part where, for years and years I've been listening to you guys b*tch and moan about the messaging in and around certain movies, without even watching them first, and now that the tables are turned, you guys have absolutely lost your minds in your mocking and your attacks on me, in ways even I never came close to when the shoe was on the other foot. So I can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all, knowing so many here really are just hypocrites of the highest order, which gives me all kinds of solace.
TC, people criticizing a movie and saying it either sucks or is good is not a personal attack on you. Not sure why you take these things so personally.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
From a strictly objective viewpoint, it's kind of interesting to see the twists and turns that threads take on this board. I think maybe I lack the attention span to understand what's going to get personal.
Tibbers
LMCane
back to the ACTUAL entertainment thread...

anyone know where I can watch this on streaming in a month once it's out of the theater?
DargelSkout
AG
TCTTS, I have a question.

First off, I'm a conservative that never got into the whole Qanon stuff. I really don't even understand what it is. I do remember seeing it on F16, but thought it was some big troll job.

Do you think that most people hear about movies through the promotional interviews that you posted?

I don't think that they do. I think most people are like me and see trailers while watching other movies/shows or learn about upcoming movies through word of mouth. I found out about this movie while watching The Chosen. When I saw the trailer, I never got a hint of Qanon stuff or anything political.

Nor did I even know the political leanings of the actor and creators of the film. It wasn't until you injected that into this thread that I learned they're into Qanon stuff.

Admittedly, I don't keep up with hollywood gossip or actors beliefs. I know a few of their political thoughts, like Penn and Baldwin, but still enjoy their movies.
EclipseAg
AG
DargelSkout said:

Do you think that most people hear about movies through the promotional interviews that you posted?

I don't think that they do.
I agree. Especially when the interviews are on fringe podcasts with tiny audiences. How many people regularly listen to Steve Bannon's War Room? In researching this post, I found a video of one of his shows on YouTube with 450 views. His show has fewer than 15,000 reviews on Apple podcasts.

Like you, I know absolutely nothing about QAnon. For example, I had never heard of adrenochroming until this thread -- from the very people complaining about how this movie was brought to market.

I'm guessing if Jim Caviezel had his choice, he would be on "The Today Show" or "Entertainment Tonight" promoting his movie. But of course those outlets want nothing to do with him or this topic. So he went where he was welcome, even if the audience was tiny.
Pizza
TCTTS said:

Sapper Redux said:

TCTTS said:

And I'm agreeing that he should be prosecuted.

What are we even talking about here?
Just let it be. These guys have reaching the "**** tossing chimp" stage of reading comprehension and argument.

So you need a buddy to calm you down with some ad hominems on an online forum....weird. just weird.

Oh and yes they're groomers by affiliation, and there are millions of parents who would love to let you know what's being done to their children in the school system.

ETA:ETA: your buddy likes to show up on F16 to troll, but stopped after getting his arguments eviscerated regularly.
Bruce Almighty
AG
If it wasn't for TexAgs, I wouldn't even know what QAnon is.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
20 pages in and this topic seems pretty political to me.
Pizza
Definitely Not A Cop said:

It seems that way but it isn't. It's a human rights issue, and a couple bad actors brought up conspiracy theories about qanon etc.
Sapper Redux
Pluralizes Everythings said:

TCTTS said:

Sapper Redux said:

TCTTS said:

And I'm agreeing that he should be prosecuted.

What are we even talking about here?
Just let it be. These guys have reaching the "**** tossing chimp" stage of reading comprehension and argument.

So you need a buddy to calm you down with some ad hominems on an online forum....weird. just weird.

Oh and yes they're groomers by affiliation, and there are millions of parents who would love to let you know what's being done to their children in the school system.

ETA:ETA: your buddy likes to show up on F16 to troll, but stopped after getting his arguments eviscerated regularly.

Lol. Yeah, that's it.
aTmAg
AG
It is true, that you got your ass handed to you on a daily basis on F16.
Sapper Redux
Pluralizes Everythings said:

Definitely Not A Cop said:

It seems that way but it isn't. It's a human rights issue, and a couple bad actors brought up conspiracy theories about qanon etc.

Trafficking is a human rights issue and a difficult one to solve. Which is why organizations and people who claim to fight against trafficking should be scrutinized to make sure their actions are on the level and helping the issue. Raids are splashy, but they often don't solve the problem because they don't fix or even try to address the underlying issues that made trafficking possible.

And QAnon, which has been splashed all over Trump's rallies and promoted by key figures in his campaign and administration, is not bringing light to the actual problem. It's a politically based conspiracy theory that uses the language of real human rights problem to spin lies about global conspiracies that cause significant harm to and distract attention from the real victims.
aTmAg
AG
And saying "raids don't solve the problem" is like saying that arresting murderers doesn't solve the murder problem. Of course not. It's not supposed to "solve" the problem, just make them happen a lot less often.
BCG Disciple
AG
I think the issue is that Q is some how relevant to any discussion. It quite literally had no part in this conversation. Ballard's story has been well documented and has been receiving positive media coverage for the decade plus since the incident in the film occurred. Now it's some how Q related?? Absolute garbage position and like I mentioned it's similar to invalidating a position by calling someone a racist.

https://www.newsweek.com/sound-freedom-movie-creator-tim-ballard-responds-qanon-allegations-sick-1812204
Teacher_Ag
AG
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

And saying "raids don't solve the problem" is like saying that arresting murderers doesn't solve the murder problem. Of course not. It's not supposed to "solve" the problem, just make them happen a lot less often.

Except the victims in a murder are dead and murderers are rarely part of a larger group. The victims in trafficking are alive and often victimized again because they are left without support or resources and the networks that allow trafficking are intact.
BCG Disciple
AG
Also, how long has human trafficking been going on? We are talking about something that has taken place for all of human history. And that's not an exaggeration. Outside of Alavert, it is very much ingrained in our country's foundation, including Chinese immigration post civil war, etc. Every losing race or lower socio economic immigrant class has been taken advantage of and to some extent wound up as sex trafficked unwilling brothel participants.

We choose to believe this problem has went away because our society has morally evolved. It hasn't. It is still a problem and still pre slant on the world, and it is NOT lunatic right wing fringe conspiracy theory. To associate it with Q in a shameless attempt to downplay its significance is flat out bay sh** crazy absurd.
Sapper Redux
BCG Disciple said:

I think the issue is that Q is some how relevant to any discussion. It quite literally had no part in this conversation. Ballard's story has been well documented and has been receiving positive media coverage for the decade plus since the incident in the film occurred. Now it's some how Q related?? Absolute garbage position and like I mentioned it's similar to invalidating a position by calling someone a racist.

https://www.newsweek.com/sound-freedom-movie-creator-tim-ballard-responds-qanon-allegations-sick-1812204

We've already discussed this. Caviezel has promoted QAnon claims. The film was extensively promoted before release on far right outlets, including promoters of QAnon claims, and the basic premise of the film fits into the claims of that worldview. No one has said Ballard is involved with QAnon, though he's clearly on the political right.
BCG Disciple
AG
But I'm sure the media will be even handed in its criticism of movies, actors and distributors. I expect headlines next week of "CULT LEADER WHO BELIEVES HE IS DESCENDENT OF ALIEN, XENU, HAS TOP MOVIE IN AMERICA!"
Sapper Redux
BCG Disciple said:

But I'm sure the media will be even handed in its criticism of movies, actors and distributors. I expect headlines next week of "CULT LEADER WHO BELIEVES HE IS DESCENDENT OF ALIEN, XENU, HAS TOP MOVIE IN AMERICA!"

If Cruise releases a film that has big Scientology ties promoting it and it fits into Scientology's claims, that would be a valid argument.
JCA1
AG
I only have a vague understanding of what qanon is and have no idea where you even go to find it. But what limited things I know about it, it seems pretty loony and if people think it should be denounced, you won't get any pushback from me.

Having said that, if the concern is loony political conspiracies that have the potential to drive imbalanced people to violence, etc., it seems there have been plenty of other movements over the last few years that warrant denunciation first. The BLM movement that many celebs and media have championed have painted the picture that the vast majority of law enforcement are racist and just looking to victimize people of color at the first chance. This has led to a huge rise in unprovoked attacks on law enforcement. That seems a much bigger problem than one crazy dude showing up at a pizza joint. Numerous celebs and media also sought to demonize anyone who even slightly deviated from the establishment opinion on Covid (even though that opinion was constantly flip flopping). I believe it was Jimmy Kimmel who suggested on his show that non-vaccinated people should be prevented from receiving health care (but you can double check me on that). These all seem to be much bigger issues if your concern is not fostering hatred and animosity between Americans.
aTmAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

Except the victims in a murder are dead and murderers are rarely part of a larger group. The victims in trafficking are alive and often victimized again because they are left without support or resources and the networks that allow trafficking are intact.
And none of that refutes anything I said.

Rape victims aren't dead, theft victims aren't dead, assault victims aren't dead. Yet it is still worthwhile going after all of those criminals because we want less of that stuff happening.

That doesn't mean that we wouldn't ALSO go after the networks and support victims.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

If Cruise releases a film that has big Scientology ties promoting it and it fits into Scientology's claims, that would be a valid argument.

Except by all accounts by those who have seen it, this movie doesn't have "big qanon" ties and only fits into "qanon's claims" in the sense that trafficking exists…
EclipseAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

We've already discussed this. Caviezel has promoted QAnon claims. The film was extensively promoted before release on far right outlets, including promoters of QAnon claims, and the basic premise of the film fits into the claims of that worldview. No one has said Ballard is involved with QAnon, though he's clearly on the political right.
And again, why do you think Caviezel went on "far right outlets" to promote the movie?

Did he really turn down interview requests from the NY Times, CBS/NBC/ABC, Washington Post, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, etc., to do a podcast with Steve Bannon? Which high-profile entertainment websites were clamoring to give him attention?

Look at how the media has portrayed him -- and the movie -- once the film gained a little traction. Do you really think these mainstream outlets would have given him the time of day beforehand?

He likely promoted the film with the only outlets that would allow him to. And then the media turns around and calls it a "far right movie."

THAT is the real issue here.
BCG Disciple
AG
Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

So your position is because Q associated pedos with liberal elite (or political elite), that any movie touching on it falls under the Q umbrella and should therefore be invalidated? Or because a wrongthink guy chose Ballard's story for his movie Ballard's story is invalidated.

I'm just trying to squint as hard as you guys do to rationalize all of this. It would be like someone coming out in support of Jussie Smollett and then making a movie of a real life example of racism? Is that a better analogy?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Another Doug said:

Tibbers said:

Raiderjay said:

Can we just agree:

Movie is actually decent....

child trafficking is horrible....

QAnon are freaks.....

Hollywood left wing wackos are freaks.....

The movie should stand on its own merits, regardless of the left/right wackjobs.....

As the film states at the end, the US are the largest consumers of child trafficking and it's a multi billion dollar enterprise.
We aren't Q-Anon, we just get our news from Russian TV.

So this dude finds these tweets on Twitter (an American company) and instead of addressing the contents your response is a condescending "We aren't Q-Anon, we just get our news from Russian TV". One might ask why such an obviously deceitful and purposeful sidestep?

In regards to Hunter, another poster (fig96 if I remember correctly) said something along the lines of "Hunter doesn't hold an elected position" as if to hand wave away any relevancy. So for the first time in politics, the president's kid is off limits. One of the Bush twins made national news for weeks because she drank a beer…while in college. Hunter having sex with underage girls (including his niece) while smoking crack? No biggie…we don't need to talk about that.

This place can be…odd.
aTmAg
AG
Anybody who dismisses Hunter Biden with "he doesn't hold elected office" should be ignored as an intellectually dishonest shill. His dad does hold office and he's been taking bribes though Hunter. And Biden's DOJ has been letting both of them off the hook for those and other obvious transgressions. That's the point.
Sapper Redux
BCG Disciple said:

Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

So your position is because Q associated pedos with liberal elite (or political elite), that any movie touching on it falls under the Q umbrella and should therefore be invalidated? Or because a wrongthink guy chose Ballard's story for his movie Ballard's story is invalidated.

I'm just trying to squint as hard as you guys do to rationalize all of this. It would be like someone coming out in support of Jussie Smollett and then making a movie of a real life example of racism? Is that a better analogy?

QAnon is a bat**** stupid conspiracy theory with no evidence or validity that exists to push politics which financially benefit certain people while harming actual efforts to end trafficking and corruption. The attempted minimization is weak.
Sapper Redux
aTmAg said:

Sapper Redux said:

aTmAg said:

And none of that refutes anything I said.

Rape victims aren't dead, theft victims aren't dead, assault victims aren't dead. Yet it is still worthwhile going after all of those criminals because we want less of that stuff happening.

That doesn't mean that we wouldn't ALSO go after the networks and support victims.

I didn't say to not arrest traffickers. I said that raids are not the solution to trafficking. Not even close. They can cause bigger problems than they solve when done wrong.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

Sapper Redux said:

BCG Disciple said:

QAnon is a bat**** stupid conspiracy theory with no evidence or validity that exists to push politics which financially benefit certain people while harming actual efforts to end trafficking and corruption. The attempted minimization is weak.

Once again, you seem to know more about Q than the conservatives you're deriding do.

Hunter Biden saved his dad's info in his phone under the name "pedo Pete". As a liberal, I'm starting to see why you get so angry at the insinuation regarding the intersection of politics and pedophilia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.