***LANDMAN (Taylor Sheridan series)***

2,638 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by TequilaMockingbird
TequilaMockingbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Set to premiere in 2025 on Paramount+.

Landman- Wikipedia

They recently filmed scenes in and around Odessa.
The D
AG
I'm a in-house landman who worked in the field for 10 years. I can't wait to see how bad this show gets butchered
AgTrip
The D said:

I'm a in-house landman who worked in the field for 10 years. I can't wait to see how bad this show gets butchered

Do you ride a spinning horse and skid to a stop on it when you work?
goadius6
AG
Did a good amount of filming in FW and in Sundance Square
Al Bula
AG
Oh, this is sure to be a drama-filled trainwreck on steroids amplifying every Texas trope.

BBT, Jon Hamm, Whip cream bikini cheerleader, Demi Moore, Terry Benedict...

F it, I'm in.
TequilaMockingbird
Al Bula said:

Oh, this is sure to be a drama-filled trainwreck on steroids amplifying every Texas trope.

F it, I'm in.
For example, high school football

TequilaMockingbird
Ag13
AG
TequilaMockingbird said:

Al Bula said:

F it, I'm in.
For example, high school football

To be fair, he used to be the coach at Permian
Gigem314
AG
I hope it doesn't have too much of a "oil bad" theme to it, but the cast looks fantastic. BBT and Hamm seem like a great contrast that could make this interesting.

I mean, pretty much every show that's come out from Sheridan-verse I've liked to some degree. I have a hard time imagining me not being sucked into this one too.
TequilaMockingbird
Gigem314 said:

I hope it doesn't have too much of a "oil bad" theme to it, but the cast looks fantastic. BBT and Hamm seem like a great contrast that could make this interesting.

I mean, pretty much every show that's come out from Sheridan-verse I've liked to some degree. I have a hard time imagining me not being sucked into this one too.
I'm sure there will be some.
BassCowboy33
TequilaMockingbird said:

Gigem314 said:

I'm sure there will be some.

Having both worked in O&G and investigated O&G malfeasance, I can safely say that whichever way it goes, its true.
TCTTS
AG
I realize that Jon Hamm's character is likely some kind of villain, but I still love his line: "The world has already convinced itself that you are evil and I am evil for providing them the one thing they interact with every day." Which is not only a great point, but tells me that Sheridan at least sees both sides here.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

I realize that Jon Hamm's character is likely some kind of villain, but I still love his line: "The world has already convinced itself that you are evil and I am evil for providing them the one thing they interact with every day." Which is not only a great point, but tells me that Sheridan at least sees both sides here.
Hamm fits that role/persona so well too.

One of the things I really enjoy about the Sheridan-verse Paramount+ shows is seeing big names like Jon Hamm, Sam Elliott, Harrison Ford, Helen Mirren, Olyelowo, Billy Bob Thorton, Jeremy Renner, Stallone, in a multi-episode series that still has the feel of a movie. Even if you have to forget about making sense of the storyline at times...I enjoy the character development in a 'modern western' universe.
Apache
AG
Surely they will depict the high drama of the average landman:
*Flat tires
*Poor cell reception in rural areas
*Crap motels
*Towns without a Whataburger
*Hours digging through files in courthouse basements looking for records
Brad 98
AG
You hit the nail on the head for me and said it better than I could have
BassCowboy33
Apache said:

Surely they will depict the high drama of the average landman:
*Flat tires
*Poor cell reception in rural areas
*Crap motels
*Towns without a Whataburger
*Hours digging through files in courthouse basements looking for records

Dust. Lots and lots of dust.
sixiron
AG
So...is this just going to be Yellowstone set in West Texas?
cr06gis
AG
Hey, thats my office building in the trailer. Im famous!
TCTTS
AG
ElephantRider
AG
I'll generally watch anything with Hamm…but let's be honest, this looks kinda dumb
ElephantRider
AG
Also, waiting patiently for the surveyor series…
fig96
AG
I've really liked some of Sheridan's Paramount+ shows (Tulsa King and Mayor of Kingstown are both great), never watched Yellowstone but might give this one a shot.
Diggity
AG
was hoping this thread would be about the long awaited sequel to "Cabin Boy"
Apache
AG
Sheridan's next three series in the works, from a source I know that hangs with him up in Bosque county:

*A serial killer rodeo clown leaves a trail of bodies at NFR events scattered across the west.
*John Wesley Hardin series
*Galveston Hurricane of 1900. Deadliest natural disaster in American History.

Source: Trust me bro.
Independence H-D
Apache said:

Sheridan's next three series in the works, from a source I know that hangs with him up in Bosque county:

*A serial killer rodeo clown leaves a trail of bodies at NFR events scattered across the west.

Can confirm Galveston hurricane. Can also confirm lots of shooting in Galveston for the upcoming season of 1923.
Diggity
AG
Apache said:

I hear he's renaming the source material and calling the show "Taylor's Storm".

Will be a similar story, but the lead will use his horse cutting skills to lure the storm away from the the island.
SW AG80
AG
I grew up in a small west Texas oil town. My brother and I worked every summer but the one rule our mother had was that neither one of us would work in the oilfield. Every year just about someone from our little town was killed or seriously injured working on a drilling rig.

One summer when I was home from A&M a college friend passed through and we had lunch together at Grandma's Kitchen. Friend looked around the cafe and commented "We are the only ones in here with all our fingers." He was right. And I had never noticed that before because it was nothing out of the ordinary for me.

Back then the oilfield was a very rough place. Don't think it is that bad now.
OldArmy71
AG
I'm interested in this series.

My father (A&M '44) was a petroleum engineer. I grew up in an oilfield camp in NW Louisiana and during my summers at A&M I worked in production fields in Nebraska and Wyoming.

Most of the guys I worked with had put in their time on drilling rigs before doing the much less dangerous work of maintaining already established fields.

They were a colorful group whom I enjoyed greatly, and several were missing fingers, as mentioned above.

I feel a lot of nostalgia for those days.

I taught for a while at Midland College, and I had several students who were working on becoming landmen.

I know nothing about the really high level, rich oil guy stuff (though I met a few of them), but I hope the lower echelons of the oil business I know something about are presented accurately and fairly.
BassCowboy33
Diggity said:

Apache said:

I hear he's renaming the source material and calling the show "Taylor's Storm".

Will be a similar story, but the lead will use his horse cutting skills to lure the storm away from the the island.
If he makes and directs an "Isaac's Storm" film, I will be the first in line. The book was fantastic.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Like every other Sheridan series, this will start strong and fade as the quality of writing and story-telling declines because he's stretched himself too thin trying to do too many series at once. I'll watch for Ali Larter but do not have high hopes.

TequilaMockingbird
1:41 in the trailer- is that the Texas version of California Sober?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.