BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)

489,170 Views | 2155 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by FlyRod
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't realize they were part of same management.
JMac03
AG
We had Bubba's on our way to Florida and we really enjoyed it. Looking forward to having one here.
MadDog73
AG
Where is Bubba's going in and when?
MiMi
S
MadDog73 said:

In front of Cinemark
Dustoff00
AG
MadDog73 said:

You wont find much online, but I want to say the plan was to start building right around now (Fall) and finish up early next year...

Don't recall the exact location but want to say it was near Sam's/Cinemark area...

I am sure someone with much better city planning/development can chime in on more precise location...

Here is the job posting for the Service Manager for College Station...
https://careers.becomearoadie.com/bubbas/us/en/job/JR000826/Service-Manager

Side note: My BIL was the mastermind behind a lot of the B33 concept/menu, along with Kent Taylor, of course. He opened up the first one and several of next ones to get them up and running, Managing Partner, when he was with TXRH. Before the B33 deal, he also opened the first Aspen Creek concept, MP, which was a lodge type feel with Scratch made dishes, also part of TXRH, not sure if it has been sold off since then...

Cant wait till they open up for so we have another family friendly option for food.
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
Dustoff00
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

I didn't realize they were part of same management.
Yes, concept of Kent Taylor and my BIL, with my BIL making it a reality and Kent supplying the support/backing/money...
Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces
techno-ag
AG
MiMi said:

MadDog73 said:

In front of Cinemark

Prime location, right off the bypass.
textar4404
Anchor Bar looks very close to being ready, at least from the outside.
TyHolden
AG
techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

MadDog73 said:

In front of Cinemark

It should do well
maroon barchetta
techno-ag said:

MiMi said:

MadDog73 said:

In front of Cinemark

So is the mall.
australopithecus robustus
Bubba's 33 will do very well here. This is a perfect community for that concept.
FlyRod
Indeed it is.
TyHolden
AG
more empty space....economy is crippled.

maroon barchetta
Several of my FB friends have assured me that the economy is fine and job growth is the best it's been in years.

Big Lots missed the memo.
Bunk Moreland
Big Lots has been on thin ice for years. This was inevitable.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The College Station location is not one that is designated as closing on their website. At least for now.

It looks like California and the midwest are where the most closures are taking place.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The College Station location is not one that is designated as closing on their website. At least for now.

It looks like California and the midwest are where the most closures are taking place.

Will be interesting if Bog Lots keeps it to the short list or ends up folding completely like Conn's.

Lots of places closing locations in California. Probably tired of more merch leaving the store as "Shrinkage" rather than sales.
Bunk Moreland
This move is to avoid bankruptcy. I still see that likely in their future, but this buys them time.
turfman80
AG
World of Beer files for bankruptcy. Maybe it wasnt just the rent hike that affected the local spot.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/financing/world-beer-declares-bankruptcy
EBrazosAg
AG
When it come to the chapter (-) bankruptcy…. When does the public understand that it's not coincidental, it's a trend ?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
The public is stupid, so never?
medicalag
AG
Exactly
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chickencoupe16
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Bog Lots

Is it truly a shocker that this place is closing? I mean, who's their target customer? Yoda?
Hornbeck
AG
I saw where another restaurant chain went under today, Buca Di Beppo, but this economy is strong! Nothing to see here people, move along.
maroon barchetta
Hornbeck said:

I saw where another restaurant chain went under today, Buca Di Beppo, but this economy is strong! Nothing to see here people, move along.

You're reading the numbers wrong. Everything is fine.
maroon barchetta
Driving on Texas to go get lunch earlier, saw a new place called Rock 'N Roll It - Smoke, Vape, Hemp

It's next to the vintage clothing shop in the old gas station location near Lincoln and Texas.

It's half a block from Tooter's vape shop.

Vape/smoke shops in this area are overtaking banks, nail salons, and urgent care locations in number. It's getting ridiculous how many there are.
TyHolden
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Driving on Texas to go get lunch earlier, saw a new place called Rock 'N Roll It - Smoke, Vape, Hemp

It's next to the vintage clothing shop in the old gas station location near Lincoln and Texas.

Vape/smoke shops in this area are overtaking banks, nail salons, and urgent care locations in number. It's getting ridiculous how many there are.
wait until they legalize mary jane and gambling. BCS will become Pottersville.
maroon barchetta
TyHolden said:

maroon barchetta said:

wait until they legalize mary jane and gambling. BCS will become Pottersville.

It's already Pottersville.

Think of who is Mr. Potter in this town.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The new McAlister's is open.
Charpie
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Hornbeck said:

It's obvious that some of y'all have never eaten at that place.

All of the places that are going under, to be honestly with you, have a crappy product that they are schlepping or aren't giving folks the value that they promised. The economy is right sizing.
trouble
AG
Crappy chain Italian that boasts quantity over quality.
Charpie
AG
No ***** I mean, it was crap. I went once. For me, WHO LOVES FOOD, I would rather eat Rago spaghetti sauce than Buca.
BiochemAg97
AG
Charpie said:

maroon barchetta said:

Hornbeck said:

It's obvious that some of y'all have never eaten at that place.

All of the places that are going under, to be honestly with you, have a crappy product that they are schlepping or aren't giving folks the value that they promised. The economy is right sizing.

Economy is right sizing is kinda the opposite of "economy is strong". Free money/low interest rates allowed many businesses to cover for their problems. At some point, they have to face the piper and, if they never fixed the problems, they declare bankruptcy of one form or the other.

Bottom line, it is all part of the creative destruction that is capitalism. If you are good, you probably do well. If you are not, you will probably fail to make way for others to give it a try. The odd ones are restaurants that made a name for themselves decades ago but haven't kept up with the new entrants. Perception of quality and value have fallen and then they fail because all the customers went elsewhere. Everyone remembers how they use to go there frequently, but no one has actually gone recently.
EBrazosAg
AG
Back off the above deviation from your prior flight plan - apparently the new high end experience at the Hilton :
https://thedeancs.com
Hornbeck
AG
trouble said:

Crappy chain Italian that boasts quantity over quality.

Next thing you know, Fazoli's will be declaring bankruptcy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.