*** The Concert Thread ***

218,848 Views | 2404 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TXAG 05
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
glad you found a reason to show
Know Your Enemy
AG
NMAlamoAggie said:

Saw Hoobastank in El Paso this weekend. Had a blast. Felt like I was back in High School.
Your HS days must have sucked donkey balls.
LandArchSA
AG
Assuming I get PJ tickets for the upcoming tour, my kids will then get to see the priceless look on MY face (and my wife's face) when the first note drops...
Another Doug
AG
I considered the Taylor Swift show last night the best concert ever.
My wife and milddle daughter had a great time, I stayed home, and I sold my two extra for $6600.
Goldie Wilson
Somewhat off topic (or perhaps not) does anybody have a good rec for a concert poster frame? I've got a decent backlog accumulating from the past year or two.

Everything I've found online looks like cheap plastic, but also don't really want to go through the time and hassle and expense of custom framing. Anybody have a good go to for standard size concert poster frames?
jetch17
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Somewhat off topic (or perhaps not) does anybody have a good rec for a concert poster frame? I've got a decent backlog accumulating from the past year or two.

Everything I've found online looks like cheap plastic, but also don't really want to go through the time and hassle and expense of custom framing. Anybody have a good go to for standard size concert poster frames?

Hobby lobby will do 50% off frames pretty often - I have found many of mine pretty close in dimensions. If they're off slightly they will cut you a custom mat to fill the edges nicely

These were like $30 + $10 mat with nice glass fronts

62strat
AG
jetch17 said:

Goldie Wilson said:

Hobby lobby will do 50% off frames pretty often - I have found many of mine pretty close in dimensions. If they're off slightly they will cut you a custom mat to fill the edges nicely

These were like $30 + $10 mat with nice glass fronts

do you have experience with rolled up posters? Do they flatten out and hold once behind the glass?
jetch17
AG
Most of mine have come rolled, but flatten nicely. Some I'll roll out for a day or 2 with corner weights.

I have several others framed that are not as nice, just in whatever fit at the time, but those 2 shown I have very economically framed and have turned out the best
mike_ags_fan12
May 17 - RHCP , strokes , and thundacat @ Alamodome
July 29 - Ryan Bingham at white water
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm a pretty big Taylor Swift fan and my gf is a huge Swiftie and we closed out our Taylor Triple Sunday night in Houston with lower bowl stage left seats. Managed to score front row floor seats in Vegas for night 2 and had mid bowl corner seats in Dallas. Seeing the show from 3 different perspectives was really cool. The more I think about the complexity of the set and notice details, the more impressive it becomes. I hope there is a deep dive on the stage produced because by my count there are at least 12 trap doors, 7 or 8 video boarded scissor lifts, and 4 or so pop up smoke emitters, and the whole thing manages to display high res video throughout the show as well. Also with the side seats we saw the guitarists, keys, and 2 singers up close and they appear to be having just as much fun as everyone else in the stadium. If you have a chance to attend at a reasonable cost, I think anyone who appreciates music would be impressed.

I am a little worried about her vocal endurance though, she was definitely a bit hoarse Sunday night in Houston. She still sounded good when she pushed it but during the spoken and softer songs it was noticeable a few times. She is really burning the candle at both ends.
goadius6
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

I have a ton of concert posters, bought a portfolio a while back to store them in flat,
Wife is in charge of framing, we usually do Michael's now because it's closer to the house than hobby lobby and they also do 50% off very frequently. Hobby Lobby 50% off was every other week if i remember correctly. We've also just purchased regular frames from HL or Michaels and put the posters in ourselves too. These work fine if you have have them out of direct sunlight.
jetch17
AG
Toadies hitting Cypress again in July

Echoes97
AG
Have 2 extras for Robert Plant & Alison Krauss tomorrow night at the Woodlands, Section 101, Row T, seats 36 and 37 (aisle seats next to the center). Will let them go pretty cheap to Ags, lemme know if you're interested. We're going but have other seats, so just want someone to use them if possible.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Dr.Rumack
Got some GAs to the last U2 show in Vegas. Stoked!
62strat
AG
I really wish this band didn't wait until the 3rd album to come do a US tour, but I'll take what I can get.

62strat
AG
This is the most tickets I've had at once for a while now.

Dream Theater/Devin Townsend - 7/15 Mission Ballroom
Ghost - 8/8 Fiddlers Green
Metallica - 8/18 ATT Arlington
Metallica - 8/20 - ATT Arlington
Vola - 9/15 Bluebird Theater
Sleep Token - 9/25 Mission ballroom
62strat
AG
Gotta bring some metallica love into this swifty-fest.

Instead of outfits being changed, Lars changes drum kits.

Check out this stage, in football stadiums. Not many artist do in the round in stadiums. Pic from first show on their world tour, in Amsterdam.
Huge snake pit, and see those little platforms off in the corners? There are 4 of them, and one them (I think actually 2) is part of a contest.

The netjets contest. You and 6 friends get to fly in a private netjet to show of your choice, up to 6 hour flight.
You get $5k in spending for hotels/etc, and you and those 6 friends get to watch the show from the private platform. The platform has a cooler stocked full of beer of your choice. You also get access to pre show black box with free drinks and snacks.

Hell of an experience for the winner of these.

https://fandiem.com/sweeps/win-a-private-jet-flight-to-see-metallica-live-anywhere-in-the-us
Echoes97
AG
Mastodon and Gojira tonight at 713! Doing the meet & greet w/ them this afternoon with my old Ag buds. Should be a badass show!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tell Brett Hinds his version of Electric Funeral with Marcus King was ****ing killer.
Big Al 1992
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

Got some GAs to the last U2 show in Vegas. Stoked!

I'll be there end of Oct as well. Even for those that bash U2, look at what The Sphere in Vegas is going to be. There are no speakers hanging from the roof - the building itself is the sound system. Total immersive 360 video and sound that they are saying will be like nothing before. The venue itself will be part of the attraction.
Echoes97
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Tell Brett Hinds his version of Electric Funeral with Marcus King was ****ing killer.
Somehow I had not heard/seen that before you mentioned it, just checked it out and indeed it is excellent!!! \m/
Know Your Enemy
AG
Echoes97 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Somehow I had not heard/seen that before you mentioned it, just checked it out and indeed it is excellent!!! \m/
It was one of 4 Marcus livestreams summer of 2020. All 4 were excellent. two of them are up on the Coda Collection through Amazon Video. I assume eventually all of them will be up.
jetch17
AG
Echoes97 said:

Mastodon and Gojira tonight at 713! Doing the meet & greet w/ them this afternoon with my old Ag buds. Should be a badass show!

I am having to bow out at last second for dad duties - Echoes, if somehow you're able to get your hands on one of these posters I'll make it worth your while … if not I'll try to grab from studio.

Enjoy the show!

gggmann
AG
62strat said:

This is the most tickets I've had at once for a while now.

Dream Theater/Devin Townsend - 7/15 Mission Ballroom
Ghost - 8/8 Fiddlers Green
Metallica - 8/18 ATT Arlington
Metallica - 8/20 - ATT Arlington
Vola - 9/15 Bluebird Theater
Sleep Token - 9/25 Mission ballroom

I saw Dream Theater open for Yes back in '04. John Petrucci and Steve Howe in the same night was pretty awesome.
maroon barchetta
Saw Dream Theater and Galactic Cowboys in the Tower Theater in Houston in '91 or so. It was excellent.
Proposition Joe
Aerosmith announces their "farewell" tour... which already has them going on record that they "may come back to some of these cities, but it could be the last time who knows".
Know Your Enemy
AG
The Black Crowes opening.
Echoes97
AG
Ending up going last minute to see Tedeschi Trucks Band last night, and WOW they were fantastic. I've seen Derek multiple times in the past, but never with Susan. His guitar playing along with her amazing voice is just magic. So glad I went, and highly recommend!

Bunk Moreland
They're awesome.
jetch17
AG
Tempted to go see Band of Heathens in Houston tonight
62strat
AG
jetch17 said:

Tempted to go see Band of Heathens in Houston tonight
I went to high school with Gordy! We were just acquaintances, were in some classes together.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LMAO @ these Aerosmith prices. Looks like I won't be seeing this "farewell" tour.
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

I told myself last year I was going to go light but doesn't seem like the case. This is what I have tickets for:

[ol]
  • 03/31 Weyes Blood Stubbs
  • 04/02 Morgan Wade Scoot Inn
  • 04/04 Joshua Bassett Emo's
  • 04/14 M83 Stubbs
  • 04/16 Stephen Sanchez Scoot Inn
  • 04/25 Kali Uchis Moody Amphitheater
  • 04/26 Muna Stubbs
  • 04/28 Adrian Quesada Antone's
  • 04/29 Jamie Cullum Scoot Inn
  • 05/05-05/07 Shaky Knees Atlanta 2023
  • 05/05 The Mars Volta Masquerade Atlanta
  • 05/06 The Walkmen Terminal West Atlanta
  • 05/08 Lizzy McAlpine ACL Live
  • 05/09 Lovejoy Scoot Inn
  • 05/10 The Cure NOLA
  • May 11 - May 15 Kilby Block Party 2023
  • 05/27 Sisters of Mercy ACL Live
  • 06/08 Weezer Germania Amphitheater
  • 06/14 Les Claypool Moody Amphitheater
  • 06/17 Los Amigos Invisibles Antone's
  • 06/18 Garbage/Noel Gallagher Germania Amphitheater
  • 06/22 Citizen Stubbs
  • 06/25 Pixies Moody Amphitheater
  • 06/26 The Smile ACL Live
  • 07/07 Blink 182 Moody Center
  • 07/09 Paramore Moody Center
  • 07/13 Sparks ACL Live
  • 07/26 Yellowcard Stubbs
  • 08/09 Taylor Swift SoFi Stadium LA
  • 08/11 The Offspring Germania
  • 08/18 Metallica AT&T Stadium Arlington
  • 08/20 Metallica AT&T Stadium Arlington
  • 08/22 Beck and Phoenix Moody Center
  • 08/25 Metallica SoFi Stadium LA
  • 08/27 Metallica SoFi Stadium LA
  • 09/03 Ghost Germania Amphitheater
  • 09/22 Madonna Moody Center
  • 09/24 Rob Zombie Phoenix
  • 09/29 Depeche Mode Austin
  • 09/30 Postal Service/Death Cab Germania Amphitheater
  • 10/01 Rebelde Moody Center
  • 10/04 Maisie Peters Emo's
  • 10/18 Peter Gabriel Moody Center
  • 10/23 Nick Cave ACL Live
  • 11/03 Metallica Dome St. Louis
  • 11/05 Metallica Dome St. Louis
  • 11/10 Metallica Ford Field Detroit
  • 11/12 Metallica Ford Field Detroit
  • 12/02 Besame Mucho Dodger Stadium
  • [/ol]

came across this and thought of this thread lol.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/978792176619864
    KidDoc
    AG
    Know Your Enemy said:

LMAO @ these Aerosmith prices. Looks like I won't be seeing this "farewell" tour.
    The Texas dates work out terribly for me due to other trips or being on a weekday. Too bad for me I would have liked to see them with the Black Crowes.
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    jh0400
    AG
    Fingers crossed next Friday when Turnpike goes on sale. Hoping to get tickets to the LA show with Morgan Wade opening.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.