*** The Concert Thread ***

218,853 Views | 2404 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TXAG 05
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang, metallica setlist cut shirt last night due to James vocal issues. No MOP or day that never comes.

That sucks. Think they'd scrap another one before MOP.
62strat
AG
Doh, night 2 canceled, James has Covid.
maroon barchetta
Dammit
gggmann
AG
gggmann
AG
62strat said:

Doh, night 2 canceled, James has Covid.

Rescheduled for next weekend. Free ticket for me as my friend's wife can't go on the 9th. They went to last night's show and said it was good despite being cut short.
aggiechick
My turn for Ghost tomorrow in Dallas. Very excited!!!
cc10106
goadius6 said:

Got back yesterday from My Morning Jacket 2 night run at Red Rocks. Incredible performances both nights, these guys are at the top of their game 20+years later. It's incredible to see after nearly breaking up in 2019. Extremely varied set lists, extended jams on songs, and you can tell they're having the time of their lives on stage.
Night 1 was an It Still Moves 20 year anniversary show where they played the whole album front to back set 1 and set 2 was a great mixed up set list of newer songs and old deep cuts.

Night 2 was banger after banger, only slowed down for 3ish acoustic songs including cover of The Wind by Cat Stevens, also covered Joe Cocker's 'Feelin' Alright' with special appearance by Nathaniel Rateliff that blew the roof off the place.

M. Ward opened both nights and showed up in multiple songs with Jacket each night as well.

N2 encore was their epic 25 minute song Cobra that segued in and out of other high energy songs throughout.
That's awesome, and I'm jealous even though RR is kind of a pain in the ass.

I'll be at the ISM anniversary show in Atlanta and would love to hear those covers and Cobra mixed in with the others so I may end up going to night 2 as well. Keeping that night open for now. May be a wild weekend with the World Series happening.
goadius6
AG
cc10106 said:

goadius6 said:

Got back yesterday from My Morning Jacket 2 night run at Red Rocks. Incredible performances both nights, these guys are at the top of their game 20+years later. It's incredible to see after nearly breaking up in 2019. Extremely varied set lists, extended jams on songs, and you can tell they're having the time of their lives on stage.
Night 1 was an It Still Moves 20 year anniversary show where they played the whole album front to back set 1 and set 2 was a great mixed up set list of newer songs and old deep cuts.

Night 2 was banger after banger, only slowed down for 3ish acoustic songs including cover of The Wind by Cat Stevens, also covered Joe Cocker's 'Feelin' Alright' with special appearance by Nathaniel Rateliff that blew the roof off the place.

M. Ward opened both nights and showed up in multiple songs with Jacket each night as well.

N2 encore was their epic 25 minute song Cobra that segued in and out of other high energy songs throughout.
That's awesome, and I'm jealous even though RR is kind of a pain in the ass.

I'll be at the ISM anniversary show in Atlanta and would love to hear those covers and Cobra mixed in with the others so I may end up going to night 2 as well. Keeping that night open for now. May be a wild weekend with the World Series happening.
Never miss a night 2. Both nights will be epic.
cc10106
For sure. I've seen em at Radio City Music Hall among plenty other venues over the last 20-ish years, and they never disappoint.

jorgerr96
I saw Ghost on Sunday. I will say I appreciate them for only having 1 opener unlike many of the summer tours, which meant doors were not as early as other shows (like doors for Slipknot last time they were here opening at 430 pm lol).

I will say, it seems to me Ghost is the closest we have to what people refer to as "the next Metallica". Their appeal is not just guys but I saw people of all ages, families even with kids wearing Papa facepaint. Pretty sure they grew faster than Avenged Sevenfold as well. There's a lot of merch opportunities you can do with this band.

I did find it funny that there were like 8 people (not counting Tobias) on stage.

https://instagr.am/p/Cwxdp8xOH5M
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

. Pretty sure they grew faster than Avenged Sevenfold as well. There's a lot of merch opportunities you can do with this band.

No question. Most people hadn't heard of ghost just 10 years ago. They were still in small theaters/clubs in 15/16.
Ax7 broke with bat country almost 20 years ago.
Aggie87
AG
62strat said:

jorgerr96 said:

. Pretty sure they grew faster than Avenged Sevenfold as well. There's a lot of merch opportunities you can do with this band.

No question. Most people hadn't heard of ghost just 10 years ago. They were still in small theaters/clubs in 15/16.
Ax7 broke with bat country almost 20 years ago.

I first took notice of Ghost when they opened for Opeth & Mastodon in 2012, was a great show. They were already fantastic then, even just getting started, and only had their first album out.
jorgerr96
I really wanted to see that show in San Antonio. I was in high school, living in Laredo and didn't have a learner's yet and my parents didnt want to take me and skip a school day lol
62strat
AG
I have an interesting history with ghost live shows.

I was in the middle of a move from houston to denver in spring 2012; the opeth/mastadon/ghost show in denver was 2 months before I moved, and I totally would have gone as I had already seen opeth a few times and was a pretty big fan. That could have been my exposure to them. But alas, I soon after heard of ghost and checked them out at a club in Boulder in 2014, they played 8 of 10 of the first album and 8 of 10 of the second, so I'm glad I got to see that as those two albums are still my favorite, with each subsequent album kinda of straying from what I like about them.

Then the next time they came in '15 it was on the night of my oldest kid's birthday! so I missed that one. Then they came in '16 and '17 and I remember being pissed the price was going up.. it was like $60 or so plus fees (compared to $20 just a few years earlier).. wish I went to 1 or both of them because it wast the last time they'd come to a smaller venue, it was the paramount and fillmore and still had a good chunk of songs of the second album, my favorite.

Then they came to springs and loveland, 2 nights in a row, both larger arenas. I got tix to the second show in the springs, and I straight up forgot to go lol. I remembered the next morning. I still have the unused ticket stub. I was so pissed, in my several hundred concerts I've been to, it was the first time I simply forgot it was happening. Had I bought tickets to the first night, I would have remembered the next day and at least could have gone to the second one.

Seen them twice since then at ball arena and now last month at pavillion. Still like them, but kind of loathe the larger venues. Man I wish I could go back in time and go to those club shows I skipped out on, or if the opeth show was about 6 weeks later.
Rocag
AG
Ghost was great! First time I've seen them and they played pretty much every song I hoped they would.

Also an entertaining concert for people watching...
Jim01
AG
Secured 4 tickets to Zach Bryan next summer in SA for my daughters birthday. I was actually very smooth and fast for a Ticketmaster sale. I could have gotten floor seats even but wasn't looking to spend that amount.
jh0400
AG
I passed on seeing him in Arlington. I'm not interested in sitting up high, and $290 per person was a lot more than I was expecting to see him charge.
WyoAgg10
AG
Nice! grabbed 6 for Tulsa to see him in his homeland. His craze is wild these days. Seen him a couple times so far and will be going to At the Station fest in Snook in October. Puts on a great show. His rise from dive bars to selling out stadiums needs to be case studied.
62strat
AG
Quote:

Also an entertaining concert for people watching...
I don't know that I've ever seen quite the variety of people than at this recent ghost show!

Totally normal looking middle aged dudes, women dressed in full goth with headpieces, old men (60s)+ in full face makeup, kids, kids in costume, typical looking metal fans, etc etc.
Philo B 93
62strat said:

Then they came to springs and loveland, 2 nights in a row, both larger arenas. I got tix to the second show in the springs, and I straight up forgot to go lol. I remembered the next morning. I still have the unused ticket stub. I was so pissed, in my several hundred concerts I've been to, it was the first time I simply forgot it was happening. Had I bought tickets to the first night, I would have remembered the next day and at least could have gone to the second one.

Wow, that's a legit fan. You actually ghosted Ghost.
LandArchSA
AG
Two in SA as well. Easy process but I'll never NOT be anxious watching those stupid blue dots disappear before my eyes as I'm trying to pick seats...

Has anyone else had the price change on them from picking a seat to checking out? I swear that I picked two seats at one price and then realized after purchase that the price was $30 higher. Or maybe I'm old and technology confuses me. Either way, a present for my daughter who obsessively listens to ZB these days and kicks herself for not going to see his set at ACL last year.

maroon barchetta
You're just old.

HTH
62strat
AG
LandArchSA said:

Two in SA as well. Easy process but I'll never NOT be anxious watching those stupid blue dots disappear before my eyes as I'm trying to pick seats...

Has anyone else had the price change on them from picking a seat to checking out? I swear that I picked two seats at one price and then realized after purchase that the price was $30 higher. Or maybe I'm old and technology confuses me. Either way, a present for my daughter who obsessively listens to ZB these days and kicks herself for not going to see his set at ACL last year.

fees?
Jim01
AG
SA seats were $75 for decent 200 level. Not too bad at all.
LandArchSA
AG
No...fees were added at checkout on top of the per set cost. Looking like I just misread the price when I selected the seats.
jh0400
AG
I wonder if Arlington was that high because JI400U is the opener.
WyoAgg10
AG
Could be. Have y'all seen the set list for his show in the Shoe in Columbus? Insane…
Wheatables02
AG
His Oklahoma City show prices were insane. $135 for uppers
Hunter_017
AG
Grabbed 2 tickets for the Aug. 17 show in Dallas. $169 per ticket isn't terrible but the $116 in fees hurt. Also looking for 2 tickets to the Live at the Station fest happening in snook if I can find them.
maroon barchetta
Snook has a festival?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Got tickets for my daughter and 2 friends in Arlington. Ouch. Ended up doing floor because there really wasn't that much savings from going up higher until you get pretty dang far up, and shows absolutely suck if you are seated too high at ATT.

johnnyblaze36
AG
LandArchSA said:

This would not surprise me at all. They were disappearing and jumping by hundreds of dollars before my eyes during the Pearl Jam onsale for a single date. They still have blue dots for sale for $600. Meanwhile I bought seats next to those for $162 two days ago through face value resale. It's such a racket.
Proposition Joe
Looking at these Zach Bryan prices... Turns out I guess he wasn't really a "man for the people".

Tweets about how ticket prices are too high, pens an album bashing Ticketmaster, then does a tour with Ticketmaster with high face values, dynamic pricing enabled, and platinum pricing.

Incredibly talented artist, but he has to be the epitome of the modern day sell out.
Hunter_017
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Snook has a festival?
Yeah, looks to be the first one for "Live at the Station". I'm assuming it'll be very Chilifest like. Zach Bryan, Treaty Oak Revival and one other will be performing.
deadhead aggie
AG
Bristol Rhythm and Roots Festival this weekend......3 days, 5 stages....i'm only able to go on Saturday, but the two acts that I'm most looking forward to are playing that day.....Nickel Creek and Sierra Hull.......stoked for this festival.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.