*** The Concert Thread ***

219,090 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 62strat
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't want to see people walking to their seats or setting up the stage.
Scruffy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Those are pretty much the worst concert photos ever.

They had a pretty strict no phone/camera policy except before the show and for the last song. It was actually well followed and was nice to not have screens everywhere.

And yes those are pretty bad concert pics.....
But if you know my history of posting you know I do blurry pics
Scruffy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I don't want to see people walking to their seats or setting up the stage.

The people watching was fun.
I commented to my wife it was nice not being the nicest dressed for a change (there were people who cam straight from work in slacks and etc, but no suits)
maroon barchetta
That's right. I forgot you had the original Northgate police activity potato cam.

Also forgot that Tool had a strict no camera policy.
jetch17
AG
Caught Breaking Benjamin on their unplugged run in midland of all places last night - good stripped down laid back show
TP Ag '87
AG
Tool was exceptional. Our seats were a phenomenal and unforgettable experience.

Billy Strings came out for The Grudge, which blew people away (he's playing TWO shows at Bridgestone in February).

Did my best with pics.

maroon barchetta
Jim01
AG
Whose the kid?
TP Ag '87
AG
Not sure.
TP Ag '87
AG
One more pic, the obligatory:

TXAG 05
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I'd like to see JC and Candlebox again. I could pass on Bush.

We went to Bush when they were in Houston this past fall, and it was surprisingly a way better show than expected.
goadius6
AG
Going to see TOOL on Friday in Dallas, was invited by some buds that are big fans but literally only song i know is Schism so am going in pretty blind. Not my kind of music at all but i love going to concerts and figure this will be a unique experience so pretty excited.
Goldie Wilson
Anybody been to Bourbon & Beyond? Lineup looks pretty intriguing. Assuming it's a larger fest given the number of bands, but wondering if it's a massive cluster or fairly well organized and well run

Bunk Moreland
that lineup looks very good.
johnnyblaze36
AG
You lucky dog. Here's video of "The Grudge" with Billy last night.

https://instagr.am/p/C2e4pGyuil3
62strat
AG
Am I dreaming, or did Billy already come out for a tool song recently?
TP Ag '87
AG
Salt Lake City in October apparently.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Here's the day by day lineups on that festival. Looks awesome. My buddy played it with Mike Campbell last year and said it was a great time.

https://bourbonandbeyond2024.frontgatetickets.com/
cc10106
Got a Sunday VIP for B&B. Planning to hit a Reds game that weekend as well. Can't wait.
AggieEE
AG
62strat said:

Am I dreaming, or did Billy already come out for a tool song recently?

Yup, played a solo in Jambi at the SLC show back in October.
dmart90
AG
Saw Carlos Santana at the House of Blues in Vega last night. First time ever seeing Santana in concert (sadly) and first time at the House of Blues Vegas.

First, I really liked the venue. I had balcony, 3rd row seats. Comfortable seats (matters to me ). I think the venue is the perfect size - great acoustics and the sound level is spot on. I would definitely attend another show here.

I was introduced to Santana in the mid 70s by my dad and I have loved Santana's music ever since. Every other chance I had to see him in concert fell through for some reason - until last night. What a show! 2 hours plus of amazing music! He is clearly slowing down, but the dude can still play an amazing guitar. Samba Pa Ti is one of those pieces that I just wish never ended - he played it masterfully. From Black Magic Woman to Smooth - it was an incredible show. He is a virtuoso on the guitar.

krosch11
AG
Officially heading to see the Teskey Brothers in May. Cant wait
Phrasing
AG
digging tunnels said:

Black Crowes announce new tour. New album coming out in March. Presale goes on sale tomorrow

Anyone going to this? Grew up really digging the Black Crowes but have never seen them live - do they put on a pretty good show nowadays?
deadhead aggie
AG
got my tix to Merlefest 2024......longhorn buddy from houston and rice owl buddy from portland are meeting me in the beautiful blue ridge mountains.......

KidDoc
AG
Phrasing said:

digging tunnels said:

Black Crowes announce new tour. New album coming out in March. Presale goes on sale tomorrow

Anyone going to this? Grew up really digging the Black Crowes but have never seen them live - do they put on a pretty good show nowadays?
There were good a few years ago when they were doing the Shake your money maker tour. I don't like ALL of their music so I'm waiting to see what the setlist looks like before buying in.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm a huge Crowes fan. I'm not as happy with the current situation but it's still a fun show. To me they miss a ton without Steve Gorman on drums. And their keyboard player was pretty pedestrian summer 2022. But I've already got my tickets to the show. This lineup is better than no Crowes.
maroon barchetta
Their newest song sounds like it borrows quite a bit from one of their older songs.
Goldie Wilson
Im a long time Crowes fan. Waiting for the new album to drop before I buy tickets for this tour.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Im a long time Crowes fan. Waiting for the new album to drop before I buy tickets for this tour.

Why? They won't play more than 2-3 songs from it.
LandArchSA
AG
did you make the trip?!?
AggieEE
AG
Tool in Austin tonight! They never disappoint.
Jim01
AG
Dead And Co. at the Sphere is official. They posted a teaser on Insta.

One Louder
AG
Scored a couple of floor seats today for Billy Joel and Sting in San Antonio this October.

We had tickets for Billy Joel and Stevie Nicks last year that got rescheduled for this year while we're in Australia so I was hyped to get the opportunity to see Billy Joel again (saw him in 2000 and loved the show!)
cc10106
LandArchSA said:

did you make the trip?!?
Negative. Got too busy at work this week to go.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Maynard & Co. put on a show last night at Moody. Tool's always a good time, minus Danny wearing sip gear for the encore!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.