*** The Concert Thread ***

219,154 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 62strat
LandArchSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a lead on a business or website that specializes in old/vintage concert posters? I found some old ticket stubs of mine and thought it might be fun to pair them with the poster of the show if I can find any.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I use eBay mostly. Expresso Beans used to be a great spot but it's kind of died down a lot.
mm98
AG
Just got back Nashville and saw Def Leppard Journey and Steve Miller

Very good show.
JYDog90
AG
mm98 said:

Just got back Nashville and saw Def Leppard Journey and Steve Miller

Very good show.

Who closes the show?
Formerly Willy Wonka
mm98
AG
Def Leppard did in Nashville

When they toured with Mötley Cre in 22 and 23 they would alternate closings

I don't know if they're doing that with journey or if Def Leppard is closing every night
Tyrannosaurus Ross
AG
In Orlando DL closed the show. Cheap Trick opened that one, played an hour. Journey followed for an hour. DL probably played closer to two hours. Show was freakin' incredible ... so good that we're going again in Houston in a few weeks.
mm98
AG
I'm debating going in Houston too. We live here but wanted to make our vacaion to Nashville this summer so we built the trip around DL. Journey and DL both played 18-19 songs. Journey actually felt longer as they stretched out several songs way past their normal length.

I am worried about the acoustics of MMP with the roof closed though.
Tyrannosaurus Ross
AG
Ha, we built our FL vacation around that Orlando show.

I saw GNR at MMP last September and I thought it was good. We're looking forward to seeing the DL/Journey show a second time at MMP. We're coming from CS and hopefully can get down early enough to see Steve Miller open.
cc10106
The Chili Peppers sounded fine at MMP last year.
KidDoc
AG
We built a short August trip to Boston around the stadium tour with DL/Journey. One of the main reasons we picked Boston was to see Heart who had to drop out due to cancer. But we have never been to Boston so still happy with the plan.

Will also see Styx/Foreigner in New Hampshire the Sunday night before the Boston show!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgHawkeye
AG
Sq1dvm said:

maroon barchetta said:

Star this post if you have no idea who AJR is.

Just pointing out that I starred because I don't know who these kids are. That being said, it was enjoyable. Lights / harness / showmanship stuff was cool. They ain't making any of my play lists, but 12yo loved it and I loved seeing that with her.

Laughing at everyone hating on AJR but appreciate you going to the concerts. I also know AJR because of my kids. One of the things I appreciated about my parents was their willingness to listen to and give my music a chance. Now we share a ton of artists and can go to shows together. My kids are now old enough they bring the music they like to me and I try to give it a chance (except Taylor Swift but my wife has that covered).

They have at the three day Farewell Fest we just went to because they have heard so much of my music and we all had fun at BoyWithUke because we gave it a listen with kids.

Someone older than you once said your music sucks and someone said "The Beatles? That's it they are named after a bug?"
mm98
AG
My son begged me to go to BoyWithUke last year in Houston.

I'm glad I did. It was fun and plenty of memories.
JYDog90
AG
I think my 16 yr old and I are going to Journey/DL in Houston
Formerly Willy Wonka
Aggie87
AG
Dwight Yoakam and the Mavericks on Saturday in Prescott. Looking forward to this show, I've seen Dwight before and he puts on a good show. Haven't seen the Mavericks before.
Aggie87
AG
KidDoc said:

We built a short August trip to Boston around the stadium tour with DL/Journey. One of the main reasons we picked Boston was to see Heart who had to drop out due to cancer. But we have never been to Boston so still happy with the plan.

Will also see Styx/Foreigner in New Hampshire the Sunday night before the Boston show!

We saw DL in Boston in 2022, at Fenway, was a great show. And it was a blast just being in Fenway park, on the field. I think you'll have a great time.

That year Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett were also with them. They were all fantastic except for Crue, who sounded awful (very muddy sound - in contrast to the other acts who sounded great - and Vince didn't seem like he knew the words to his own songs).
JYDog90
AG
Aggie87 said:

Dwight Yoakam and the Mavericks on Saturday in Prescott. Looking forward to this show, I've seen Dwight before and he puts on a good show. Haven't seen the Mavericks before.

I love the Mavericks. Not crazy about their new album, Moon and Stars, and unfortunately their set list has become dominated by it on this new tour.

EDIT: I'd like to make a correction. Looking at their last few shows vs earlier in the tour, it looks like they have cut back on Moon and Stars songs. This will make it a much more upbeat show.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Ag MD 84
AG
I saw Maverick's first show for this tour at ACL live and they were awesome! Was also album release show, so a lot of the new songs, but with a full 9-piece band, they knocked it outta the park!
aggiechick
Just now catching up with this thread and laughing because I also saw AJR with my kid. Had no idea who they were but it was an enjoyable show and my kid loved it. Also went with her earlier this year to see Death By Moxy, Caskets, Crown the Empire, and Set it Off which I never would have seen if it weren't for her. It was also a fun show!!!

Saw REK in Grand Prairie a few weeks ago which was a treat considering I thought I had been at his last show. He played the whole Picnic album which was awesome.

Next up is my turn for DL/Journey in Arlington. And I also have the Mavericks in September.

JYDog90
AG
I'll be at the Mavericks show in Sugar Land in Sept. don't know if y'all saw it or not but Raul Malo has cancer and is undergoing chemo while he tours.
Formerly Willy Wonka
maroon barchetta
What type of cancer?
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Anyone else attend Billy Joel MSG 150 last night?

Is it me or has Axl Rose morphed into Mickey Roarke?
jetch17
AG
Gojira in the opening ceremony for Olympics looks legit

Echoes97
AG
@!#$% YES!!!!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jetch17
AG
I was waivering whether to brave the woodlands to see them with Korn coming up, I think this just swayed me
JYDog90
AG
maroon barchetta said:

What type of cancer?

Colon cancer.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8u0HetBrw1/?igsh=MWQ5eXR6cWdqdGx4Mw==
Formerly Willy Wonka
KidDoc
AG
jetch17 said:

Gojira in the opening ceremony for Olympics looks legit

The music is pretty good but the screamin makes it a strong no thanks for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maroon barchetta
JYDog90 said:

maroon barchetta said:

What type of cancer?

Colon cancer.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8u0HetBrw1/?igsh=MWQ5eXR6cWdqdGx4Mw==

**** colon cancer
maroon barchetta
Better or worse than Cookie Monster vocals?
KidDoc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Better or worse than Cookie Monster vocals?

Worse imo but both are intolerable to my non cultured ears.
Counterpoint
AG
Holy crap, is Gojira always that epic or only when they play the Conciergerie? Wow!
62strat
AG
Counterpoint said:

Holy crap, is Gojira always that epic or only when they play the Conciergerie? Wow!
I've seen em 3 times and they are usually pretty bad ass live. Very commanding.

House of blues, Red rocks and ball arena.
Counterpoint
AG
jetch17 said:

I was waivering whether to brave the woodlands to see them with Korn coming up, I think this just swayed me

It seems like Korn always plays the Woodlands in the hottest part of the year, so I was going to skip it this time (finally learned my lesson). Now I see this one is actually in late October... Perfect time for a Woodlands show!
StinkyPinky
AG
Counterpoint said:

No, their popularity has been based on their musical ability and are suppose to be amazing live.
maroon barchetta
Lindsey Stirling show last night. My wife is a fan.

She's unique. Very talented. Not my style of music but she puts on a great show.

The opener was quirky and talented and they did a Beatles medley that used probably 30 of their songs in it.

jetch17
AG
I'm highly considering going to Dia de Los Deftones at Petco Park in San Diego in November … seemingly have the wife on board for a weekend in SD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.