*** The Concert Thread ***

218,854 Views | 2404 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TXAG 05
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Metallica doing a stadium leg.

Yep. Houston June 14.
G.I.Bro
I'm a little surprised but thankful they're extending. I'll probably go up to Denver for another 2 night weekend
digging tunnels
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Metallica doing a stadium leg.

Dammit! Houston only gets 1 show
62strat
AG

Why does Denver, CO have a double asterisk?
The dates are supposed to have asterisks. I'm guessing a typo?
maroon barchetta
Man. I would love to make a weekend out of that Toronto stop
jetch17
AG
Nm I see now
Goldie Wilson
For anybody that went to Metallica on the first leg of this tour, any recs regarding seating vs GA/pit?
jetch17
AG
KidDoc
AG
Ugh I really don't care for their openers. Bring back Greta or somone non trash.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
62strat
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

For anybody that went to Metallica on the first leg of this tour, any recs regarding seating vs GA/pit?
I won pit first night; always an awesome experience, though this stage was really big so you can't always see them the whole time.

Second night I thought I great seats, lower level like 5th row. But dang, it's still pretty far, and we were right behind one of those towers.
G.I.Bro
I was GA both nights and liked it enough that I'll probably do that again
62strat
AG
KidDoc said:

Ugh I really don't care for their openers. Bring back Greta or somone non trash.
I'm with you.. more i think about it, I'm a bit disappointed.
I get that Pantera is in it, that was a huge announcement the first time around, and they should probably stay since it's the 'same' tour.

But suicidal and limp bizkit, they've toured with both of them in the distant past.. I thought metallica was always about looking ahead.
They should have some more up and coming, or at least modern (10-15 years old) bands.. or keep it the same since it's kinda the same tour, not that that would make me happy either. I got there late the 2nd night as I have no interest in INK or FFDP.

I'm surprised the danish band Vola isn't on Lars' radar. They'd be a great opener for them.

62strat
AG
KidDoc
AG
62strat said:

KidDoc said:

I'm with you.. more i think about it, I'm a bit disappointed.
I get that Pantera is in it, that was a huge announcement the first time around, and they should probably stay since it's the 'same' tour.

But suicidal and limp bizkit, they've toured with both of them in the distant past.. I thought metallica was always about looking ahead.
They should have some more up and coming, or at least modern (10-15 years old) bands.. or keep it the same since it's kinda the same tour, not that that would make me happy either. I got there late the 2nd night as I have no interest in INK or FFDP.

I'm surprised the danish band Vola isn't on Lars' radar. They'd be a great opener for them.

Several good potential openers. Volbeat, Godsmack, Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, Dirty Honey (although more bluesy rock than heavy).

Ah well I'll be in Europe with the Travelling Aggies that time in 2025 anyway /shrug.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
62strat
AG
Quote:

Several good potential openers. Volbeat, Godsmack, Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, Dirty Honey (although more bluesy rock than heavy).

Ah well I'll be in Europe with the Travelling Aggies that time in 2025 anyway /shrug.
while I agree, Volbeat opened on Worldwired in 2017, and Godsmack was madly in anger tour 2004.

so again, those guys are kind of in the past already.

TXAG 05
AG
We had Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold when they played Houston in 17. Never got to see the real Pantera, but at least the music will be good.
SbisaVictim95
AG
Doesn't Trujillo's kid play for Suicidal now?
62strat
AG
SbisaVictim95 said:

Doesn't Trujillo's kid play for Suicidal now?

yep.. weinberg's kid too, ever since he left slipknot.
62strat
AG
Sublime is on tour with original drummer, bass player, and child of Brad.

Sublime with rome is also on tour.. they used to be drummer, bass player, and Rome. Drummer left shortly after forming, but bass player was in it up until just recently.. but now it's just Rome and other random dudes.

This has to be a unique situation in the history of music. band reforms after death of original member.. judge rules can't use the same name.. so a new name, but playing same music.

Did Fogerty/CCR had something similar at some point?
wspagg
AG
WyoAgg10 said:

Will do. We went with seats on the 2nd level a little to the left. Would have preferred more center, but a section to the right essentially doubled the price.

Will be great to see it. Prior residencies at the sphere have looked incredible, so I can't wait to see their spin on the production!

You will have great seats. I have been on the floor, 100's and 200's at The Sphere. Really not a bad seat unless you are in "limited view" seating.
Phrasing
AG
How do yall think the set list will shake out for the one show in Houston? We went to the two night show in Arlington and there's no way my son will not want to see them again in Houston (our hometown). I just want to temper his expectations of how much we will get compared to two nights. Safe to say it will be Seasons 72 heavy and less of their older stuff? Will the show be significantly longer than one of the two nights and they try and get as much in as possible? Or do they really just cut the two night show in half? TIA
62strat
AG
Phrasing said:

How do yall think the set list will shake out for the one show in Houston? We went to the two night show in Arlington and there's no way my son will not want to see them again in Houston (our hometown). I just want to temper his expectations of how much we will get compared to two nights. Safe to say it will be Seasons 72 heavy and less of their older stuff? Will the show be significantly longer than one of the two nights and they try and get as much in as possible? Or do they really just cut the two night show in half? TIA
it will be 16 songs which seems to be the new standard down from 17. But it's not just a single night of the 2 night gigs.

They will play S&D, 2 off RTL (bellz and another), 2 off MOP (MOP and another), One, 4 TBA, 1-3 from 96'-17', and 3-4 off 72.

No they don't cut the 2 night show in half, because in one night they will always do sandman, one, MOP, sad but true, NEM, S&D, bellz, etc.. On the 2 night show, those mainstays are slit up.

Those 7 are half your setlist right there for Houston.

In a one night show you're basically missing older deepcuts to fill out RTL, MOP (which includes the 2 instrumentals), a few TBA songs, a few songs from '96-'17 albums, and 2-3 off 72.

this is a typical double show

62strat
AG
just reference their one off shows this and last year. They are all very similar.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2024/val-de-moine-clisson-france-33abb4e9.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2024/ekebergsletta-oslo-norway-3babb4f4.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2024/magna-racino-ebreichsdorf-austria-23abb4f7.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2024/ippodromo-snai-la-maura-milan-italy-2babb4fe.html
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2023/banban-riyadh-saudi-arabia-53ae037d.html

edit to add, if you don't know, after the setlist is an album summary to quickly get a glimpse.

Phrasing
AG
All great info - thanks so much!
TXAG 05
AG
Phrasing said:

It's Metallica live in concert. No matter what the set list is, it's going to be awesome. Plus, it's not like they are Dave Matthew's and come to town every year. No telling when they might be back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.