***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,605 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Cliff.Booth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jeremy's retellings continue to be the best thing that has come of this.

Lathspell
AG
Sea Speed said:

That YouTube is just a clip of him saying THE MESSAGE.
That always makes me laugh, in his videos. "The Message" with that smorgasbord of images.
boogieman
AG
THAT'S why Torbin was in a deep meditative state and decided to drink the poison?

LOL

At least we got to see some Wookie Jedi action

Disney StarWars needs better writers. This is bad.

This whole series needs a re-edit into a 90 minute movie.
Ag Since 83
AG
They really didn't help themselves by giving Torbin a name so similar to Tommen.
LB12Diamond
AG
That was a solid episode. Of course I have zero expectations bc of how bad it is.

Agree that they should have just done it all in order.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cliff.Booth

captkirk
AG
Cliff.Booth said:

At least it's the show that the director wanted as a 13 year old. Giving her $180 million to make that makes total sense. Can't wait for season two.
But, but Russian Doll
FL_Ag1998
AG
captkirk said:

Cliff.Booth said:

At least it's the show that the director wanted as a 13 year old. Giving her $180 million to make that makes total sense. Can't wait for season two.
But, but Russian Doll

Seriously?
BadMoonRisin
DrEvazanPhD
Just watched.
Sofa king we Todd id.
DrEvazanPhD
boogieman said:

THAT'S why Torbin was in a deep meditative state and decided to drink the poison?

LOL

At least we got to see some Wookie Jedi action

Disney StarWars needs better writers. This is bad.

This whole series needs a re-edit into a 90 minute movie.

Yeah. We wait 7 episodes to see a wookie Jedi **** some **** up…and we get possessed wookienjedi attacking other Jedi.

And then the witches controlling him just up and die. Cool.
rynning
AG
I stopped watching after episode 5. Special effects and good fight scenes just aren't enough to save it. But I keep coming back to this thread to see if I should start watching again and because it's much more entertaining. Thanks!
joerobert_pete06
AG
Good lord that episode was uneventful, they just summarized almost everything we already knew except for how all the nuns died
joerobert_pete06
AG
They also didn't mention why that other Jedi super master had to deal with that matter personnelly?
Cibalo
At this point I'm just hoping for a Rogue One type ending. Except instead of Vader wrecking people it is Yoda wiping out everyone and ending with "disappointed in you I am"
Flashdiaz
AG
I would rather see what Darth Smiley and OSHA were doing. I hope she doesn't kill him to satisfy the horned lady Sith master because he's the one redeeming character.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, and it still makes zero sense how that fire spread so quickly and killed like half the coven.
Your house has clearly never burned down. Once it gets going, it goes quick
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Finally got to watch the episode after 60 hours without power following the hurricane. Had some rian johnson feels in making us like Sol for 5-6 episodes and then revealing that he is a flawed, self-centered d8bag, but definitely could have used a lot more understanding of what his deal was. Being excited about the vergence makes sense, being obsessed with the girls didn't.

I feel like Anakin probably acted exactly like Torbin on half the missions he went on with Obi-Wan.

Was really hoping the metal detector was a lightsaber and Kelnacca was going to use it as such. I really need a meme of Kelnacca collecting aluminum cans at the beach.

So Sol is a total ******* who kills the mom and then lets the daughter drop to her death except she doesn't die. He is going to get gutted in the next episode.

Cliff.Booth
Cliff.Booth
CapCityAg89
AG
My kid and I liked it. Sorry. Also, we don't think the witches are dead or gone. Think the force push )or whatever) to get them out of the wookie head knocked them out.
jokershady
AG
Just hit me that in episode 7 the Jedi said the coven was inside an old mining facility….

So that means that's the most combustible mining facility of all time if one fuel filled lantern can bring the house down and litterally cause explosions moments later…..amazed it remained standing as long as it did
DrEvazanPhD
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, and it still makes zero sense how that fire spread so quickly and killed like half the coven.

Was the house in question made out stone in an old mine?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, TC.
ja86
AG
those miners in that old mine see.... they spilled flammable goo stuff all the time see..... and that porous rock would suck all that goo stuff up. Then the miner leave because they can't mine the rock anymore because it was so flammable, so these witches move in and use the rock to make a house... in the mine... with all the flammable goo rock.... once that fire got started ... .. woooooosh... up it goes.....
The Porkchop Express
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Was the house in question made out stone in an old mine?
Do you really need an explanation of why things In a mine might explode when exposed to fire?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok, TC.
My best friends house burned down in 5th grade. Destroyed everything they owned. You don't forget **** like that.
Cliff.Booth
I am sick and tired of you guys nitpicking and trying to figure out how a stone mine fortress hidden lesbian witch chamber spontaneously combusted and not focusing on the big questions, like how the **** was this series approved.
AGC
AG
Moral High Horse
Cliff.Booth said:

I am sick and tired of you guys nitpicking and trying to figure out how a stone mine fortress hidden lesbian witch chamber spontaneously combusted and not focusing on the big questions, like how the **** was this series approved.

The fire spread from space.
justnobody79
Cliff.Booth said:

it would have been better if he was holding a giant comb
Moral High Horse
Cliff.Booth said:

I stopped watching around halfway through the second episode but seeing the youtube review videos and see this wookie with the metal detector there was a slim hope for an appropriate response:

Cliff.Booth
Moral High Horse
It's gonna happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.