*** The Concert Thread ***

218,953 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by 62strat
Echoes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

Saw Jenny Lewis last night at HoB Houston. She put on a fantastic show.
Missed this one damn it, saw her last time around at White Oak and had a blast, but had to take care of my GF with pneumonia so couldn't make this one. Set list looks like it was excellent.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
WES2006AG
AG
Echoes97 said:

WES2006AG said:

Saw Jenny Lewis last night at HoB Houston. She put on a fantastic show.
Missed this one damn it, saw her last time around at White Oak and had a blast, but had to take care of my GF with pneumonia so couldn't make this one. Set list looks like it was excellent.
It was a great set list, played everything I wanted to hear. And Jenny still looks great for pushing 50 years old.
Jim01
AG

LandArchSA
AG
I initially read your post as "Jerry Lewis" and got really confused for a half second...
62strat
AG
Pioneers of nu metal. Making me feel old!

Proposition Joe
Anyone know if Fall Out Boy or Jimmy Eat World is opening or if it's one of those rotating things? No desire to see Fall Out Boy.
jorgerr96

Fred coming in clutch today
maroon barchetta
How did you bump into Kenny Rogers?
Know Your Enemy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

He knew when to hold 'em.
StinkyPinky
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I thought it was Ben Afflec playing Santa Claus.
62strat
AG
Damn he's got a big head. I put those hats at a perfect overlap.
Jim01
AG
Weezer announced a Blue Tour, playing the album in full.

My 13 year old has long wanted to see them live so I'll definitely be there. Also a couple of good openers for us older folk.

https://instagr.am/p/C4YVT6lpDPQ
62strat
AG
It's crazy how the only time you really get to see albums played in full are for bands that only have one album and you catch them on their first headline tour, or about 25-30 years later for anniversary runs lol.

maroon barchetta
Who started the "let's play our most popular album in its entirety" tour idea?

Rush played all of Moving Pictures on the Time Machine tour in 2010-2011 but I think somebody started that trend before them.

U2 doing Joshua Tree was later.
BCSWguru
Saw Weezer do this already. Played the Blue album one night, then Pinkerton the next. Was at Stubbs and it was phenomenal.
Proposition Joe
Seen Weezer twice, both times as part of 3-headliner shows (Young The Giant/Rise Against and Fall Out Boy/Green Day). The former I went to specifically for Weezer.

Both times felt like they were the weakest on the card, by far... and this is coming from "that guy" that would always tell people Pinkerton was criminally underrated.

I just haven't come away from their shows feeling like they sound good at all... so paired that with their "we're in our 50s but we are going to feign being awkward 20-somethings", it just has burned me on interest in seeing them going forward.
BCSWguru
Last time i saw them was on the tour with Panic and they were very underwhelming. Night and day difference compared to the Stubbs shows. If I can snag a pit ticket, Ill probably go. If not, I wont regret it.
Jim01
AG
Yeah they are kind of ruined for me live because the first time I saw them was at Numbers in Houston before the Green Album came out. It was great seeing them in that tiny venue. I also saw them in the Woodlands with the Pixies opening and they were fun. Mainly played all the hits.

If it wasn't for my son I probably would skip it, but I'll happily take him.
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Rush played all of Moving Pictures on the Time Machine tour in 2010-2011 but I think somebody started that trend before them.

I'm sure it's been randomly done many times over the decades.

I mean, PJ did it with ten.. but again, they didn't have a second album, so this wasn't a 'anny' show or anything. But they actually did it in order, so def. the idea
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/1992/nachtwerk-munich-germany-bd64906.html

metallica did MOP in 2006 here
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallica/2006/nurburgring-nurburg-germany-23d6989f.html

And.. again as a one album band, they played all the songs of it on early tours
https://www.ipom.com/cgi-bin/tour_get_set.pl?id=78

they did their first 5 albums all in the early 2010s at one point or another.
APC did mer de noms, emotive and 13th step in 2010 for 4 sets of triple night shows.

I've seen a handful. Candlebox doing self titled (out of order though), fear factory doing demanufacture, at the gates doing slaughter of the soul.
All within the last 7-8 years.

I missed machine head doing burn my eyes just a few years ago.

There are plenty I wish would happen; AIC - dirt for starters. Opeth could pick anything in the 2000s, though they already did ghost reveries. In flames jester race.
Proposition Joe
It's a way for artists to appeal to die hard fans without alienating the ones that want to see the hits (as this will likely be Blue + The Hits).

Metallica found that while they were still big enough for demand to still be there to sell out, doing "no repeats" caused single day sales to crater because you've got your diehard fan not sure of what lesser known tracks they are going to play, but your casual fan that doesn't want to pay for a ticket and only hear half the hits at best.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Only time I've seen Weezer was opening for the Foos and I remember liking their set. That was a long time ago though.
jetch17
AG
Jim01 said:

Yeah they are kind of ruined for me live because the first time I saw them was at Numbers in Houston before the Green Album came out. It was great seeing them in that tiny venue. I also saw them in the Woodlands with the Pixies opening and they were fun. Mainly played all the hits.

If it wasn't for my son I probably would skip it, but I'll happily take him.

I was at the Numbers show - prime Weezer
Another Doug
AG
To get the presale code you need to join the fan club, which costs $25. They are playing the Toyota center, I'm guessing tickets won't be hard to get.
Pedro Cerano
AG
The concert that opened White Oak amphitheatre was Sturgill Simpson right after Sailor's Guide to Earth came out. He played Sailor's Guide cover to cover from front to back and then rolled right into Metamodern and played the whole thing from back to front ending with Turtles all the Way Down. It was spectacular.
Straight ball, I hit very much.
Whos Juan
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Earliest I can think of would be Pink Floyd playing DSOTM for the Division Bell tour in '94

I'm sure Dream Theater or Queensryche was doing it earlier with one of their concept albums, but I don't care enough to look into it.
WES2006AG
AG
I like Weezer but Toyota Center seems like it would be too big for them at this stage.
Bunk Moreland
WES2006AG said:

I like Weezer but Toyota Center seems like it would be too big for them at this stage.

maybe floor/lower bowl with the stage against one side?
jorgerr96

Hans Zimmer US tour getting announced tomorrow. not missing this one
62strat
AG
Breaking benjamin, staind and daughtry hitting the road in the fall.
Relive my good ol college days.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/staind-and-breaking-benjamin-announce-summer-fall-2024-tour-with-daughtry
Proposition Joe
WES2006AG said:

It is. Ultimately these venues need acts though, so bands often times get pushed into larger arenas.

Weezer at this point is looping back around -- they've already gone to the "playing entire XYZ album" well once already 4-5 years ago... But I guess when you can't yet do a "Final Tour" gimmick then you use what ya can.
Proposition Joe
62strat said:

Breaking benjamin, staind and daughtry hitting the road in the fall.
Relive my good ol college days.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/staind-and-breaking-benjamin-announce-summer-fall-2024-tour-with-daughtry

I'm not a big fan of the constant mixing and matching of shared headliners, but every once in a while they have a good match. I'm not really a fan of any one of those bands individually, but all 3 together I imagine a fan would get their money's worth.

But sometimes you just get head scratchers. Counting Crows and... Santana? Jimmy Eat World and... Manchester Orchestra?
NMAlamoAggie
AG
Saw Lukas Nelson and POTR last night in El Paso. Just an amazing show. The entire band is ridiculously talented and Lukas is just a phenom. First time at Lowbrow Palace and the venue was nice. The sound was excellent.

Next major show is Creed in September.
Jim01
AG
Grabbed two pit tickets for Weezer. $129 a piece, $322 total for two.

I waited until like 10 seconds left on each screen of the checkout process as I debated the purchase, but what the hell. How often do you get to take your 13 year old son to see the band he's been asking about for years, while they play an album you wore out in high school, and be in the pit. Looking forward to it.

Plus the entire 100 level was $119 a seat, other than the opposite end which was $89 and then $69 for the last few rows, so $129 for pit was a good value.
johnnyblaze36
AG
NMAlamoAggie said:

Saw Lukas Nelson and POTR last night in El Paso. Just an amazing show. The entire band is ridiculously talented and Lukas is just a phenom. First time at Lowbrow Palace and the venue was nice. The sound was excellent.

Headed to Luck Reunion tomorrow and really want to see Lukas but he's playing in the Chapel and I've heard it's extremely difficult to get inside due to how small it is. First time going and I watched Red Headed Stranger the other night in preparation. Can't wait.

https://instagr.am/p/C4W5I-UOlYH
https://instagr.am/p/C3YJ875gorR

NMAlamoAggie
AG
That should be a blast. Lot of great musicians on that list. Yesterday was my 1st time seeing Lukas and I was blown away. He's playing a free show in Waco in April but too far of a drive for me on that weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.