***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

156,020 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
RanchoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Porkchop Express
AG
New pic shows Jedi wearing similar white & gold robes as depicted in the High Republic books.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
YNWA_AG
AG

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
boogieman
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Aw Damn
PatAg
AG
He could be right, but Sepinwall lost his fastball years ago.
The Porkchop Express
AG

wangus12
AG
Well the Rolling Stones opinions usually sucks, but I still don't have very high hopes for this. I want it to be good, but Disney just seems off the rails
AggieOO
i'll be watching, but low expectations.

mostly going to watch just so that i can follow along with all the *****ing that will happen on this thread, even if this turns out to be the greatest show in the history of ever.
jokershady
AG
As per my usual I hardly ever get to watch these shows the day they come out and have to avoid spoilers for a few days…..plan on watching Wednesday….
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I'm not sure if I'll get to watch tonight or not. When the wife is 7 months pregnant and needs to catch up on Bridgerton, you lose pretty much all leverage (she's not a big fan of SW).

I'm…not terribly optimistic, but I'm not expecting anything life-changing, either. But from the look of things on this thread, I'm way easier to please than most of y'all (with the exception of episode 4, I actually quite enjoyed Mando S3).
boogieman
AG
Yeah Let's hope so.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

I'm not sure if I'll get to watch tonight or not. When the wife is 7 months pregnant and needs to catch up on Bridgerton, you lose pretty much all leverage (she's not a big fan of SW).

I'm…not terribly optimistic, but I'm not expecting anything life-changing, either. But from the look of things on this thread, I'm way easier to please than most of y'all (with the exception of episode 4, I actually quite enjoyed Mando S3).
Oof, been there brother, I had to wait until my wife was on bedrest to get her to watch Lord of the Rings.
AggieOO
Maximus_Meridius said:

glad i never had that problem. wife pretty much watches the same stuff I do, and the stuff she likes that I don't, she watches when i'm traveling.
jokershady
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

well….depending on how this show goes her not being a big fan of Star Wars may actually be perfect
concac
AG
I've enjoyed watching anything Star Wars even the shows/movies that have been panned by critics or audience.

I even like the Phantom Menace.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
9 pm ET
i is smart
AG
I forgot it premiered tonight. Sometimes I love forgetting important dates and getting a nice surprise.
jokershady
AG
i is smart said:

I forgot it premiered tonight. Sometimes I love forgetting important dates and getting a nice surprise.
username…..it checks out…..
The Collective
AG
Probably answered but don't feel like reading back... is it a one episode premiere or two?
TCTTS
AG
Two.
The Collective
AG
My only problem with the Vader fight scene in Kenobi is they reused the helmet getting split idea from Rebels. Wish it would have been a fresh idea.
LPHA
AG
I thought it was perfect. If things work, they work
The Porkchop Express
AG
Well so far I've watched disnwy plus crash 50 times
Madmarttigan
AG
LPHA said:

I thought it was perfect. If things work, they work

I don't think that is reason to basically copy the exact same thing over again
LPHA
AG
Animated vs live action makes a difference in my opinion
The Porkchop Express
AG
Hot damn there was a Selkath from KOTOR in the first episode!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode 1 thoughts (spoilers below)....

Pleasantly surprised with the look of the show. I admit I was overly harsh on how "cheap" and digital everything looked, but I the promotional images were doing it no favors. Seeing the final product, I think it looks WAY better than Obi-Wan and Ahsoka did. You can certainly see the extra budget on screen.

Surprised they tipped their hand so early with the twin reveal. (Was already suspecting it though.) That said, I'm gonna say it's a split personality. Final scene may have been a flashback inserted as a misdirect.

Called Trinity dying in the opening.

Pretty cool seeing the Trade Federation again. And I genuinely can't tell if they're practical suits or CGI.

So far, the biggest compliment I can give it is that it actually feels like Star Wars. And it feels like it exists in the same world as the prequels. (Which I will never complain about.)

I'm cautiously optimistic about the rest of the season.

Onto episode 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok why in the hell did they cast Tommen and put him in middle-aged makeup?
twilly
AG
Whoever said this show felt like Andor, clearly did not watch Andor
Mathguy64
AG
This was a really nice change of pace from the Republic/Empire/Palp era. And the practical effects over CGI were well done.

I liked it.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Let's start with the negatives:

1. Man, some of the dialogue is stiff and wooden. Lots of odd exchanges.
2. Man, the pacing of these shows and the constant screen wipes make it feel more disjointed than I think it is.
3. Some parts of it just look off.

BUT….

Man! This felt like Star Wars. The overall look and feel is great. The scenes felt way more lived like the original trilogy than I was expecting.

Positives:

1. Some of the shots in these two episodes were flat out amazing.
2. Jedi with some personality and character. I loved their costuming in action. I like how the force is shown.
3. Overall, I am digging the story and vibe. Jedi politics, murder, mystery, a dark lord, the Jedi feel like real people.
4. Manny Jacinto CRUSHED it. I love his character.

I am just glad they are doing something different. Overall, I liked it. I get the Andor comparison in that both are telling new stories and trying new things. Is it as good as Andor? No. But it is enjoyable and I am looking forward to the next episodes.
Madmarttigan
AG
Thought it was ok, interested to see where it goes.

I felt like the opposite of previous posters, some scenes just have a very cheaply shot aesthetic to me and still think it looks meh overall.
Madmarttigan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ok why in the hell did they cast Tommen and put him in middle-aged makeup?

That may have been the worst fake beard ever

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.