***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,755 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm pretty sure they still called them by name AFTER Mae got the little forehead tattoo…so if so that'd be really lousy story telling.
DrEvazanPhD
Charlie Conway said:

when do they show that Osha has the forehead tattoo and is actually the "bad" one

a la Hugo and Bart Simpson

A routine soul smear should clear it up
Dekker_Lentz
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Atreides Ornithopter said:

No , but he researches that stuff on line.

He also said "yellow used to be temple guard but is now Knowledge "

You can do2nload kotor on PC or switch. He would love it, there is a point where you take a test on what kind of jedi you are and get the saber

Also KOTOR 1/2 are on iOS and Android. PC is the best way to play, but just wanted to list the other options as they are worth playing no matter how you can play them.
Flashdiaz
AG
Charlie Conway said:

when do they show that Osha has the forehead tattoo and is actually the "bad" one

a la Hugo and Bart Simpson
I hope so... will add to Simpson's impressive resume of predicting future events.
Charlie Conway
jokershady said:

I'm pretty sure they still called them by name AFTER Mae got the little forehead tattoo…so if so that'd be really lousy story telling.
you could be right, just seems like a really easy plot twitst they could do for shock value and I want to put my name down saying I called it
jokershady
AG
I checked my phone and yeah….moments after Mae gets the marking when the Jedi show up OSHA introduces herself to Sol by name and they notice Mae after with the mark.

But odly enough, I could see them ignoring that and doing it anyway creating a massive plot hole….so you could still be right
BQRyno
AG
redline248 said:

Predictions for tonight? Osha learns the truth (or at least more details)? Kelnacca dies?

One thing that seems really odd to me is that they haven't given us any reason to care about the Jedi they're killing off. I was super excited about a Wookie Jedi, and he's basically just been there for a random growl every 20 minutes.
jokershady
AG
BQRyno said:

redline248 said:

Predictions for tonight? Osha learns the truth (or at least more details)? Kelnacca dies?

One thing that seems really odd to me is that they haven't given us any reason to care about the Jedi they're killing off. I was super excited about a Wookie Jedi, and he's basically just been there for a random growl every 20 minutes.
All I'm gonna say is this for the prediction for tonight…

Pretty much right after the bomb from last weeks episode, IMDB did something I'm not used to….and that is the released the thumbnail image for the next episode almost immediately. Normally they don't do that until after the episode has dropped that night or very early the next morning.

The thumbnail image is clearly showing all the Jedi lined up with their sabers out from the shot we've seen in the trailer….assuming they're going to encounter the Sith guy….

So we'll see what happens. But again….keepin those expectations low after last week
FL_Ag1998
AG
redline248 said:

I predict the episode will somehow have a negative 5 rating in IMDB and Rottentomatoes before its even released (but totally legit, right? Just average fans voicing their displeasure with no agenda at all!).

I predict the same people who exclaimed last week they were done with this show will oddly post again how this week's episode is actually the worst ever and they're really, truly giving up on Star Wars now!

I predict some classic E-board slapfights and namecalling on Wed morning, followed by a massive staff cleaning up Wed around noon (eastern time, just to be clear on my prediction).

As for the show, I predict that Kalnacca actually survives. I don't think Osha hears the other side of the story tonight, but maybe hears something that starts sowing seeds of doubt in her. Possibly the story starts unraveling back on Coruscant and Osha catches some pieces of the truth. I think we see a lot more of the mysterious Sith (he's a Sith, right?) training Mae.
Cliff.Booth
A) The majority of SW fans dislike this show, that's indisputable. If you enjoy it that's obviously fine, but acting like the negative reviews are merely trolling is delusional.

B) Saying it sucks and I've lost hope in the direction Disney is taking SW and saying I'm done watching it are two different things. A large portion of SW fans gave up watching SW stuff a long time ago, but plenty of us are watching it mostly out of morbid curiosity. I liken it to watching Aggie football toward the end of the Fran era -- I won't stop watching it but I also know this is about as bad as it's going to get before it becomes clear that those steering the ship have lost their ****ing minds.

But, if you're truly enjoying it, just enjoy it and don't let it bother you that others aren't. It really is OK for people to draw opposing conclusions about a TV show.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
My sons prediction. Torbin actually causes the fire and explodes the power supply. The wookie meets Mae in real time.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cliff, give us a completely mathematical explanation that proves the majority of star wars fans don't like the show. Or even how you're quantifying how many star wars fans there are.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
LB12Diamond
AG

My sons prediction. Torbin actually causes the fire and explodes the power supply. The wookie meets Mae in real time.

If that happens what craptastic writing for his character.

He kills himself

Which puts him in trance

And then this

Great life right there!
Cliff.Booth
The thing is though that you can't provide the opposite. All I can base my conclusion on is a) obviously the ratings online. Granted some of those are from people who didn't see it, so it's skewed low, but the scores still make it clear this is one of the worst things Disney has ever produced b) browsing X and YouTube comment sections, the comments are overwhelmingly negative. C) out of my friends and family who are SW people, like 2 out of 20 of them like it.

Seems way harder to try and construct a reality where this show is overwhelmingly popular. Outside of a heavily censored subreddit where tf is giving you that impression?
Charlie Conway
jokershady said:

I checked my phone and yeah….moments after Mae gets the marking when the Jedi show up OSHA introduces herself to Sol by name and they notice Mae after with the mark.

But odly enough, I could see them ignoring that and doing it anyway creating a massive plot hole….so you could still be right
I went back and watched the bridge scene, it's cut to make it look like Osha was the one that he caught but it's also very ambiguous, it's either poorly done, which is possible, or deliberately done that way so you can justify showing the switch up.

Also at a certain point you stop seeing the mark and the hair is used as cover to block it.

After going back and looking again I am even more convinced this is going to happen.
The Porkchop Express
AG

Quote:

The thing is though that you can't provide the opposite. All I can base my conclusion on is a) obviously the ratings online. Granted some of those are from people who didn't see it, so it's skewed low, but the scores still make it clear this is one of the worst things Disney has ever produced b) browsing X and YouTube comment sections, the comments are overwhelmingly negative. C) out of my friends and family who are SW people, like 2 out of 20 of them like it.

Seems way harder to try and construct a reality where this show is overwhelmingly popular. Outside of a heavily censored subreddit where tf is giving you that impression?
But I'm no trying to prove anything. I'm just saying that the statement

"The majority of SW fans dislike this show, that's indisputable."

is not provable.

I'm probably in the top 3 Star Wars lovers on TexAgs, and I've never once voted for it on any sort of rating system because I don't care about ratings. I just want to watch the show. How do you account for an impossible-to-ascertain # of people who don't make a habit of rating things or using Twitter/Youtube to voice their opinion?

I've got 2 daughters, a wife, a brother, and a father who all like it a lot. We group watch it from 3 different locations on Tuesday night, but I know none of them uses Twitter or YouTube to make comments, and never review anything on Rotten Tomatoes or IMDB. How can you prove how many people are just like that and what their opinions are?

EDIT: To tag on to FL 's post below, I'm not trying to troll you either Cliff, and you're certainly no Thunder Struck when it comes to obsessive hatred of the show - but I dont really get the need to tear it down so much. How many times do you need to say how bad it is before you feel everyone understands your opinion?

FL_Ag1998
AG
Well, there's no use trying to argue with someone who claims their unscientific and impossible-to-prove opinion is indisputable fact, lol. But you're totally allowed to make that claim. And to be honest, you're not one of the posters I consider trolls on this thread. You provide actual discussion and thoughts on the show.

And while I've claimed numerous times this is far from an award-winning show, I am just enjoying having some Star Wars tv to mindlessly watch after a long day. Trust me, I'm not letting the negative opinions on here affect me at all beyond getting a kick out of them.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Charlie Conway said:

jokershady said:

I went back and watched the bridge scene, it's cut to make it look like Osha was the one that he caught but it's also very ambiguous, it's either poorly done, which is possible, or deliberately done that way so you can justify showing the switch up.

Also at a certain point you stop seeing the mark and the hair is used as cover to block it.

After going back and looking again I am even more convinced this is going to happen.

There's so much about this show that I think can't be fully judged until we see the entire season. There's plenty that may be intentional (clumsy, yes, but intentional) to throw viewers off the scent of the plot and add mystery.....or it may just be amateurish writing/filmmaking. Right now I think it's 50/50 either way, but I also think tonight's episode may the one to move those odds.
aTmAg
AG
I just wanted to inform this thread, that after the last sequel, I said I was out, and indeed I have been out.

Haven't seen this, the Mandalorian(sp?), and whatever else has come out in between those. My daughter and I used to see every movie together, but she hasn't watched these either. That's 2 fans gone forever (or until Disney pulls their heads out and fires everybody).
FL_Ag1998
AG
aTmAg said:

I just wanted to inform this thread, that after the last sequel, I said I was out, and indeed I have been out.

Haven't seen this, the Mandalorian(sp?), and whatever else has come out in between those. My daughter and I used to see every movie together, but she hasn't watched these either. That's 2 fans gone forever (or until Disney pulls their heads out and fires everybody).

Dude, you're missing out! My advice is to go home and binge The Book of Boba Fett tonight!
The Porkchop Express
AG
A+ troll
Cliff.Booth
Since there's no way to force every single person watching the show to rate it honestly, there's no definitive measure. But the closest things to that we have are the ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. If you look at the ratings for most content, you might or might not agree, but it's pretty fair. It seems convenient to pick one thing you happen to like and discredit the rating. As I said, I know it skews low to some degree, but that can't account for it being far lower than other SW stuff. It just isn't popular. Most SW fans aren't even watching it and the ones who are don't like it. Those of you who do are the rare exceptions. I wouldn't be able to make any of these claims if I'd seen a single uncensored platform where the ratings or majority of comments were positive. It simply doesn't exist. It's giving us the double whammy of both being poorly written and made and also ****ing up SW lore.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I guess I'm just splitting hairs then. But you have to at least agree there are tens or hundreds of thousands of Star Wars fans that never use the Internet for any of the things that you are saying are the proof that the majority of Star Wars fans dont like it.

In a thread devoted to talking about the plot of the show, can I ask what your ultimate goal is here?
DrEvazanPhD
FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

Dude, you're missing out! My advice is to go home and binge The Book of Boba Fett tonight!
The Porkchop Express
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

For my kids' generation, this is right up there with "No Luke, I am your Father"
Cliff.Booth
Ratings for IMDB or RT are always a sample of the overall audience. Out of my 20ish friends/family who I've talked to who are SW fans, all but a few said they aren't liking it. I'm doubting many of them rated it online. When you go and look at the ratings for Dexter or GoT or Cocaine Bear or whatever, obviously you're not seeing honest ratings from the majority of those who saw it, you're seeing the ratings from those who took a minute to go online and rate it. But, it still offers you a fair rating. Nothing is stopping hordes of SW fans from going online and giving it a high rating, but they aren't, and in most cases that's because they either gave up on Disney SW a few botched productions ago or they've given this one a chance and don't like it. I feel like it just comes across as a high level of cope to try and act as though entire online rating systems have become baseless.
The Porkchop Express
AG
So I'll ask you again, what's your goal in this thread, just to talk about how bad the show is or how low the rating is? Or something else that I'm not understanding?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

No , but he researches that stuff on line.

He also said "yellow used to be temple guard but is now Knowledge "

You can do2nload kotor on PC or switch. He would love it, there is a point where you take a test on what kind of jedi you are and get the saber

Also KOTOR 1/2 are on iOS and Android. PC is the best way to play, but just wanted to list the other options as they are worth playing no matter how you can play them.
I recently started KOTOR again. I really need to play the reconstructed KOTOR 2.
DrEvazanPhD

DrEvazanPhD said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

aTmAg said:

For my kids' generation, this is right up there with "No Luke, I am your Father"

You mean "no. I am your father"
Cliff.Booth
If you'll look back at my first comment today responding to FL, my goal was to refute his claims that the ratings were meaningless and that those of us in this thread not enjoying it are just trolls here to ruin your fun. Both of those statements were incorrect, but note that importantly I also reiterated that there's nothing wrong with y'all enjoying it. Those of us who aren't have no interest in convincing you that you shouldn't or can't like it, but we are expressing our reaction to it.
The Porkchop Express
AG
OK, thank you for clearing that up.

That said, the thread is for discussing what happens in the show, not to talk what the ratings are. I posted a thing about the ratings on the main SW thread and I would encourage you to move your postings about ratings there. Every time Thunder Struck posted his Rotten Tomatoes updates on here in the first 3 weeks, they got wiped out by staff.

enjoy the rest of the season watching a show you dislike.
Cliff.Booth
Then you should ask FL to do the same, when asked about his predictions for tonight's episode he instead talked about the ratings and the posters who don't like the show. Or, does your thread policing only work in one direction?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Cliff.Booth said:

Then you should ask FL to do the same, when asked about his predictions for tonight's episode he instead talked about the ratings and the posters who don't like the show. Or, does your thread policing only work in one direction?
I'm not policing anything, I've giving you a piece of advice so you don't catch an unnecessary ban.
Cliff.Booth
Thanks for the heads up. Surely if there are rules, they apply both ways.
DrEvazanPhD

OK, thank you for clearing that up.

That said, the thread is for discussing what happens in the show, not to talk what the ratings are. I posted a thing about the ratings on the main SW thread and I would encourage you to move your postings about ratings there. Every time Thunder Struck posted his Rotten Tomatoes updates on here in the first 3 weeks, they got wiped out by staff.

enjoy the rest of the season watching a show you dislike.
So we *can* talk about the ridiculousness of this show then?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.