***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,712 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I interpreted that one as you clearly wanting to make out with me.
powerbelly
AG
I am enjoying this much more than I expected. Maybe it was low expectations going in.
The Porkchop Express
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Had to do a rewatch of this episode.

I think my favorite part of the whole episode is when master squidgames has dime store kylo down, and osha says "no, don't kill him, it's not the Jedi way," then proceeds to attach a light to him so the bugs will kill him instead.

What the hell? Dude just took out a dozen or so Jedi without much problem. Maybe don't make stupid, cliched decisions so the next 3 episodes can happen?

I don't think she expected him to die. Just to be distracted so they could eacape.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Literally no one said cool merch = good show.

I'm not defending the quality of the show in any way.

Rather, it's simply a data point that possibly refutes the idea that no one is watching this show, that the franchise is "dead," etc.

It's sort of how Twitter tells me that all baseball fans hate Jose Altuve but somehow he keeps winning the all-star fan voting every year.
DrEvazanPhD
The Porkchop Express said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

I think my favorite part of the whole episode is when master squidgames has dime store kylo down, and osha says "no, don't kill him, it's not the Jedi way," then proceeds to attach a light to him so the bugs will kill him instead.

What the hell? Dude just took out a dozen or so Jedi without much problem. Maybe don't make stupid, cliched decisions so the next 3 episodes can happen?

I don't think she expected him to die. Just to be distracted so they could eacape.

So…she's cool with criminally negligent homicide, just not execution! Most cool
DrEvazanPhD
powerbelly said:

I am enjoying this much more than I expected. Maybe it was low expectations going in.

I am too. Not because the show is good or anything, but it's absolutely ripe for trashing
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Texags has gone woke if 2 dudes are making kiss emojis at each other now
Madmarttigan
AG
I think most would think someone of that power would escape and it's just a distraction. I don't think any viewer actually thought he would die watching it.
Formerly tv1113
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

ja86
AG
another successful TexAgs hookup...
The Porkchop Express
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

So…she's cool with criminally negligent homicide, just not execution! Most cool

I don't understand what that means?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Watched the last episode again tonight - a few random observations.

1) I completely whiffed on the fat that Quimir had a shoto (shorter) lightsaber hidden inside his normal one. I guess my shock at seeing Jecki get killed folllowed by his own reveal distracted me.

2) The Mae / Jeckie fight is great because they are the same size. It really feels like they're going at it.

3) The Sol/Jeckie coordination is even better the second time around. Like a dance really

4) When Sol wakes up see Mae dressed as Osha, he says, "Where is she?" She asks who, which is a dumbass question, and he says, "Your sister." Not "Mae". Just an interesting note.

I've got to go now, there's a new show that I think is really stupid, so I need to watch the latest episode so I can mock it online. Have a great night!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Wait so are you aTmAg on a different site or this one
redline248
AG
You're right about the shock kind of taking the focus off that. Was it a shoto like Ahsoka used or the first light dagger?
The Porkchop Express
AG
redline248 said:

You're right about the shock kind of taking the focus off that. Was it a shoto like Ahsoka used or the first light dagger?
I saw someone calling it a dagger online but it looked longer than that (TWSS). See if I can find a picture.

Not the best screenies, and it looks a lot shorter in the first one probably because of the way it's facing the camera.

Screen rant poses the good question of where is the Kyber crystal for the longer blade? The shorter one is in the shorter one, but if he takes the shorter one out of the longer one, where is the crystal that keeps it on?

Big time nerd stuff, no doubt.

I don't know if that's the actress doing all the moves or a stunt person, but Jeckie using 2 sabers at once is about the best thing I've seen since the TPM duel. So graceful!

But then, not so much

The Porkchop Express
AG
You can also do this fun 1-2 gif combo now

Madmarttigan
AG
Never thought I would say this about this show but yeah I may need to rewatch this episode.
Formerly tv1113
redline248
AG
Just watching those gifs again stirs up the feeling of shock over them taking that route so early. I mean, I figured it had to happen, but I didn't think it would happen all at once and in such devastating fashion.
i is smart
AG
NEW CANON:
3 Saber Pokes = Death
i is smart
AG
I'm completely okay with Disney+ Star Wars shows prioritizing great duels and keeping the storytelling minimal, as seen in that episode. If people want a wonderfully written show, we have Andor.
Charlie Conway

watching that first gif over and over again has me questioning the choreography, why would he just spin around and kneel in front of a bad guy like that. Watching it live seemed fine but seeing it on repeat kind of makes me laugh at how awkward that move is
Cliff.Booth
WWE stuff.
PatAg
AG
i is smart said:

NEW CANON:
3 Saber Pokes = Death
There is plenty to poke fun at, I think dying from how she was stabbed is not one of them.
PatAg
AG
Charlie Conway said:

watching that first gif over and over again has me questioning the choreography, why would he just spin around and kneel in front of a bad guy like that. Watching it live seemed fine but seeing it on repeat kind of makes me laugh at how awkward that move is
He breaks Yord's arm/dislocates something, and then uses that same arm as a grapple point to spin him around.
Its not like Yord was like "this move will work"

The Porkchop Express
AG
PatAg said:

Charlie Conway said:

He breaks Yord's arm/dislocates something, and then uses that same arm as a grapple point to spin him around.
Its not like Yord was like "this move will work"

Unlike Anakin, Yord did not think spinning was a good trick.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Some quotes from the actors whose characters bit the dust last week or stepped up last week.

Dafne Keen (Jecki): "The first thing [Leslye] said to me was 'You're going to die,'. And that was something that really drew me to the character. As a viewer, I love a tragic death and Jecki's death is so unfair. She's fighting very well and she seems like she's winning. And then [The Stranger] pulls out a dagger, which is completely cheating. "There was something so beautiful about how Leslye wrote [Jecki's] death. I really tried to play the moment of shock 'Oh my God, I'm dying.' and also, as a Jedi, I'm going to let go. That's what life had in store for [Jecki]. And there was something so beautiful about that.
"The weight of death is something that I really appreciate when I watch a film or a show, when you really feel death, like you would feel it in life. And, selfishly as a Star Wars fan, I know how much all the Jedi deaths broke my heart like when Qui-Gon dies, I know how much that affected me.
"It's such a huge part of Star Wars. And getting to bring that legacy to life and even begin to scratch the heartbreak that those characters gave us was something really exciting to take on."

Her training during filming

Charlie Barnett (Yord): We all knew it was coming, and I was broken." He also appreciated being told from the beginning that his character would only last five episodes, though he had one regret that his character didn't get to try and save Jecki before she died."I so damn appreciate that. Leslye gave us the respect and the confidence in our performances to tell us from the very beginning and then collaborated with us on the whole process.

"I'm still mad that I don't get to save [Jecki] or try to."

This is from Manny Jacinto (Qiir) on a social media post:

"I joke that I don't know if I'd be able to top this role ever, and maybe I should retire. Initially learning about the duality of Qimir and The Stranger, I was ecstatic. It honestly is a dream role for any actor to be able to tackle because of the complexities of both characters, and you get to show a spectrum of different personality traits and characteristics, and it was such a fulfilling thing to do.

"Playing Qimir, it was very much a Jack Sparrow energy. And going into The Stranger, it was very much just about honing into the stillness and not really moving too much. Mainly using the projection of my voice to have that power and stillness, and then letting the action speak for itself."

And whether you love/hate/meh this show, look at this mo fo train for the big fight!

redline248
AG
Dafne got that badonk
Vince Blake
I honestly think Dafne would have been great in the lead roles.
Madmarttigan
AG
Didn't really look at the cast didn't realize Jecki was the same girl from Logan/His Dark Materials.
Formerly tv1113
jokershady
AG
Finally got around to watching….

Definitely the best episode so far…still character motivations don't make sense…namely Mae who was ready to surrender to the Jedi and turn herself in KNOWING she was going to be arrested in episode 4 only to fight against being arrested in the next episode…

Honestly was glad to see so many Jedi bight the dust but Sol still needs to die if they're keeping the cannon true in TPM….and not sure how much they care about that based on the 3rd episode….

But they at least have my attention again so let's see how they start to wrap it up….
jokershady
AG
Also…it became pretty obvious right from the start of the fight before Smylo REN's helmet came off that it was Qimir…..

Dudes arms while fighting were no way one of the witches….nice to show off the guns but had they been covered would've added to the mystery a bit longer….

No way those witches had a weight room and protein powder like that in their coven….
The Porkchop Express
AG
Manny Jacinto went the anti-Porkchop route from age 30 to age 36, getting way healthier as he got older.
BORTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTLES!

Moral High Horse
There's a little of Jason in all of us:

TCTTS
AG
Dekker_Lentz
AG
This is not a commentary on the characters, but I think aesthetically it looks better with just Darth Bortles. The poses of Mae and Osha look off and make the characters feel shoe horned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.