***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,709 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C8y86MrtL1c
redline248
AG
Ha
Cliff.Booth
I know this is gonna be under the Christmas trees of a few posters.

redline248
The Porkchop Express
AG
No electricity to watch the Acolyte tonight
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
jokershady
AG
Disney plus has an app for your phone
Madmarttigan
AG
You assume some of us have cell service at home
Formerly tv1113
jokershady
AG
Ah true.

Whelp this'll just give Lisa headland something else to blame acolytes low ratings on besides….well, us
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

Disney plus has an app for your phone
I'm only posting because I"m working from a friend's house. Our house is DOA for the second time in 3 months. Still baffled how a Cat 1 hurricane can knock out more homes than Cat 3 Hurricane Ike did 16 years ago.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
More homes using the same trunk lines, probably.
Charlie Conway
The Porkchop Express said:

No electricity to watch the Acolyte tonight
lucky you...

it's just a joke
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Interesting. I think the issue is that Beryl sustained the winds much farther inland. Ike dissappated much faster.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Good lord Torbin is a giant p***y.
Madmarttigan
AG
A hallmark of all Disney Star Wars shows is just complete and utter inefficiency with screen time.

This is going to be a rushed horrible ending at this rate.

There is no reason we needed 25% of the season to tell the same story from two different perspectives.

Interesting that indara had to commit mass murder to save Kelnacca though. I don't know that the horned lady is actually dead?
Formerly tv1113
RebAg13
AG
Agree both episodes should have been half of each one.
PatAg
AG
I think there is a good core story here, and they have done some really cool stuff with the force and the action scenes have been solid to great.
They have to start hiring showrunners with more experience or just better skills.
Tony Gilroy proved it can be done
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Totally forgot to even watch tonight.
AgfromHOU
AG
I think they're really banking on a season two
PatAg
AG
I will say, Im not certain a linear story line would have been better either.
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't think linear would be better but I think it should have been done by episode 5 so we could get 2-3 episodes to build towards a final conflict with the Qimir/Osha and Mae/Sol storylines.

Formerly tv1113
jokershady
AG
7 episodes to show what we pretty much expected….this has been a weirder episode setup this far than BoBF with all their weird flashbacks to present stuff…..

So much time wasted….
TCTTS
AG
Oof.

To be clear, IMO, even the very best version of this story wouldn't be all that compelling. I just don't care about any of it at all.

That said, I do actually think it would have been much better had they simply told the story in chronological order, "reveals" and all, as there was zero need for this faux mystery backstory bull***** There's a difference between an actual mystery/whodunit… and simply telling the story out of order/needlessly obfuscating information.

Imagine the audience having all the knowledge we have now, but at the end of the first episode, had they just combined all the flashbacks into a single pilot of sorts. Then, in subsequent "present day" episodes, with the audience already knowing the lie that Sol & co told Osha, everything would have held so much more tension, the hunt for Mae would have been more interesting, as would their eventual switch, etc.

Instead, we were kept in the dark because… reasons… with no emotional connection to any of it, now once again wondering how the hell they're going to wrap up yet another season of a Star Wars series in just one episode.

I'm just genuinely shocked at how inept the storytelling continues to be, both in this show and under Disney as a whole.

Honestly, I think I respect The Book of Boba Fett more at this point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The structure of this whole season makes no sense.

Both flashback episodes should've been combined into this one, especially considering nothing important or revelatory was learned the first time around. We definitely didn't need to see like 5 scenes repeated almost exactly.

And we sure as hell didn't need the lightsaber fight episode to be cut in half as well.

Because of it, a bunch of these episodes just feel like empty filler. This would have worked better as a 5-6 episode miniseries with hour long episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, and it still makes zero sense how that fire spread so quickly and killed like half the coven.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, and it still makes zero sense how that fire spread so quickly and killed like half the coven.
Well you see there was some sort of oil accelerant, and then it caught the cables on fire...and then it caused other parts to explode? I dunno
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

what I'm trying to understand is it seemed that some of the witches were killed when Indara broke whatever mind spell they had on Kelnacca….but it was t very clear…..
Moral High Horse
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The structure of this whole season makes no sense.

FL_Ag1998
AG
PatAg said:

I think there is a good core story here, and they have done some really cool stuff with the force and the action scenes have been solid to great.
They have to start hiring showrunners with more experience or just better skills.
Tony Gilroy proved it can be done

This right here perfectly sums up not just this show but Star Wars as an entity since Disney acquired it.
jokershady
AG
before i watch the drinker i had a chance to sleep on this and goof grief it hit me at how bad this story has been put together.....

episode 6 ends with Mae strapped to a table and Sol is about to "tell her everything"

what is there to tell?????

she sees Sol kill her mom #1 cause Osha is still trapped in the room...so she's known the entire time her mom was killed by Sol and she doesn't say anything to Osha about it during their interaction???

We have mom #1 appear threatening after she says "no violence" and instead of leading with, "hey yall...it's cool...Osha wants to go with you and I'm good with that" she puts up her witches armed with bows and arrows and acts like she's gonna cast some spell or something and accuses the jedi of taking her daughters away from their family.....good grief you're not exactly free from fault here..........if i walk down a gang ridden street falshing $10,000 in cash in my hand and get robbed, while its still the criminals fault i'm not exactly looking like the sharpest bulb in the knife drawer.....

and this is what caused the guilt for curly haired blonde jedi to kill himself????? seriously????? he didn't do anything other than wine about going back to couriscant...Sol could've stopped him from going into the witches coven (actually he was ordered to) and didn't.....and it was Sol who killed the mom.....

i really thought we were going to see blonde curly cue kill the mom that would've made much more sense on why he took his own life.....but all he does combat wise is defend himself from the arrows and the wookie......

and the fire??? turns out there was no mystery there at all....Mae was still 100% to blame for that....and some people may have forgotten.....cause they didn't show it in this flashback this time, but Mae did tell Osha, "i'm going to kill you" so turns out that actually happened as well.....

So are we still supposed to sympathize with Mae???? Cause i sure as hell dont....
Are we supposed to sympathize with the witches????? I'm not.....
Are we supposed to sympathize with the jedi???? nope, not getting that out of me either....

Pretty much everyone in this show is terrible and I don't care who lives or dies anymore and i might as well watch with just one epsiode left but this has been a big waste of time.....

rant over. kthnx bai.
Sea Speed
AG
That YouTube is just a clip of him saying THE MESSAGE.
jokershady
AG
lol yeah figured that out....thought that would've been a fast post from him
rmp15
AG
Liked Sol before this episode, but found it a little creepy how bad he wanted Osha
Ag Since 83
AG
We're 7 episodes in and I'm not sure who the main character is. I feel like Mr. Plinkett trying to identify the protagonist of The Phantom Menace.
Cliff.Booth
At least it's the show that the director wanted as a 13 year old. Giving her $180 million to make that makes total sense. Can't wait for season two.
Cliff.Booth
Ag Since 83 said:

We're 7 episodes in and I'm not sure who the main character is. I feel like Mr. Plinkett trying to identify the protagonist of The Phantom Menace.

The power of one main character
The power of two main characters
The power of mannnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.