*****2022-2023 San Antonio Spurs Thread*****

129,425 Views | 1856 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by West Texan
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think people will make the Primo connections due to Alabama, but it is more about we don't want bad people on the team and we just dealt with our top pick being a perv. I haven't seen ANYTHING at all that tells me that Miller is a good guy.
Guitarsoup
AG
NOLA VP blames Zion health issues on Zion

Divorce time

https://nypost.com/2023/04/15/pelicans-vp-some-of-zion-williamsons-health-struggles-are-on-him/
MookieBlaylock
AG
Why would Zion work hard
He has been paid a sick amount of money for doing nothing

Kids been babied his whole life and is pissing away his career but he don't care
aggiebird02
Exactly, well said. I wouldn't touch that dude with a ten and a half foot pole…
Matt_ag98
aggiephoenix02 said:

Exactly, well said. I wouldn't touch that dude with a ten and a half foot pole…

2017 Kawhi vibes
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

OU's Austin Reaves took over for him.

Reaves stats since March 5th (18 games, 10 starts):

57% FG
43% 3FG
85% FT
18.7 PPG
3.5 RPG
5.8 APG
+/- +10.6 (average per game)
Guitarsoup
AG
Lots of new CBA rules.

Starting with the Spur Rule:

Guitarsoup
AG

Most of the teams with super high salaries are contending for the title anyway.

In Season Tourney?
CC09LawAg
Guitarsoup said:

In Season Tourney?
Hate this idea
Ag Natural
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Guitarsoup said:

In Season Tourney?
Hate this idea
What's to hate about this?
CC09LawAg
Meaningless games that serve no purpose.

There is already talk about the season being too many games, needing to reduce back to backs, etc. Now they're going to add this?
Guitarsoup
AG
CC09LawAg said:

There is already talk about the season being too many games, needing to reduce back to backs, etc. Now they're going to add this?

They will probably be exciting for fans and the league gives money to the players based on finish.
LawHall88
AG
Rockets win the coin toss and drop the Spurs to #3 in the draft, meaning the Spurs could pick as low as #7.
Sher Thing
AG
Not a big deal and the Spurs also get to pick ahead of Houston in the second round now.
Ag Natural
AG
CC09LawAg said:

They are only adding one overall game, the final of this tournament. All of the other games are going to be already planned regular season games.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

Not a big deal and the Spurs also get to pick ahead of Houston in the second round now.
Yeah, we have the #2 pick in the second round. Houston didn't own their 2nd round pick.
Guitarsoup
AG
Spurs/Rockets have same chance at 1-4 picks.

The lottery only chooses the top 4 teams, then the rest go in order.

If the Pistons AND Rockets get a top 4 pick, but Spurs do not, Spurs automatically get #5
If Pistons OR Rockets get a top 4 pick, but Spurs do not, Spurs automatically get #6
If Pistons, Rockets, and Spurs all miss top 4 picks, the Spurs automatically get #7

Chances for Spurs:

#1: 14%
#2: 13.4%
#3: 12.7%
#4: 12%
#5: 14.8%
#6: 26%
#7: 7%
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

The market for OG Anunoby was hot at the trade deadline and should grow in the offseason, executives tell Heavy Sports. The Grizzlies, according to ESPN's Zach Lowe, offered three first-round picks in a package for Anunoby, and it will take more than that to secure Anunoby this summer. Among the teams potentially looking to make a run at Anunoby: the Knicks, Warriors, Nets, Pistons and Pelicans.

Toronto wants 3 firsts plus a starting level player for OG? Don't think that's gonna work.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Quote:

The market for OG Anunoby was hot at the trade deadline and should grow in the offseason, executives tell Heavy Sports. The Grizzlies, according to ESPN's Zach Lowe, offered three first-round picks in a package for Anunoby, and it will take more than that to secure Anunoby this summer. Among the teams potentially looking to make a run at Anunoby: the Knicks, Warriors, Nets, Pistons and Pelicans.

Toronto wants 3 firsts plus a starting level player for OG? Don't think that's gonna work.

Trying to make OG the new Gobert where some team offers up a ridiculous ransom for him.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If the Pistons AND Rockets get a top 4 pick, but Spurs do not, Spurs automatically get #5
If Pistons OR Rockets get a top 4 pick, but Spurs do not, Spurs automatically get #6
If Pistons, Rockets, and Spurs all miss top 4 picks, the Spurs automatically get #7

Chances for Spurs:

Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

Chances for Spurs:

I think there is a good chance that we get Scoot at either 2 or 3.

• Charlotte has LaMelo/Rozier
  • Indiana has Halliburton
  • Portland has Dame
  • Dallas has Kyrie (maybe) and Luka
  • OKC has SGA and Giddy
  • Orlando has used their 1st on a PG in two of their past three drafts (Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs) would they go 3 of 4? They certainly need shooting
  • Detroit: last three picks have been Killian Hayes (PG), Cade Cunningham (PG) and Jaden Ivey (SG) so Miller is a bigger need than Scoot
  • Toronto: Has Fred VV (but he is a FA)
  • Utah has Dunn, Clarkson, and Sexton, but no SF and Kessler/Lauri at 5/4. So Miller makes more sense there than Scoot.

Collectively, those teams have a ~56% chance at the #2 pick.

Wemby and Scoot could make the biggest impact the quickest, but I wouldn't be sad with any of Wemby, Scoot, Walker, Black, or either Thompson twin. That's six players, so we are guaranteed a shot at at least one of them.
Guitarsoup
AG
Fan calls him Westbrick on a night when he shoots 3-19.

Brodie facing up with the fan in the club seats. NBA generally suspends 2-3 games for stuff like this.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Guitarsoup said:

Fan calls him Westbrick on a night when he shoots 3-19.

Brodie facing up with the fan in the club seats. NBA generally suspends 2-3 games for stuff like this.

So many failures here. The bar used to be a cut through for players when there was no fans, and yet the idiots running this building thought it would be good to let them keep doing it. Fans should never be that close.

Westbrook needs to drop the attitude about "Westbrick". That's about as tame as the internet will allow these days. It's the kind of insult that is purely about basketball and really shouldn't get under a grown man's skin, especially when that same man makes $40+ million a year. Let it go, nutjob.
Guitarsoup
AG

#1 coach that players want to play for.
MookieBlaylock
AG
yet they never do.......
Guitarsoup
AG
Coach of the Year:

Gregg Popovich - 3

Pop's Coaching Tree: - 7

Mike Brown just won his second.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Compare that to his NFL rival Bill Belicheck and his his coaching tree

Easily the worst coaching tree in the history of sports
Guitarsoup
AG
If I am looking at mid-level rim protectors to split time with Collins, Mitchell Robinson has to be on the list. Knicks have one more year on Hartenstein plus have Randle and Toppin and Sims.

The Knicks active roster cap is 10mm over the luxury tax line, but that is before they resign Josh Hart, which it seems both sides want to do. They can free up some money by cutting Derrick Rose.

I would rather have Naz Reid from Minnesota, but Robinson is more proven. Just not as good on offense or passing, but probably a lot better on defense.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If I am looking at mid-level rim protectors to split time with Collins, Mitchell Robinson has to be on the list. Knicks have one more year on Hartenstein plus have Randle and Toppin and Sims.

The Knicks active roster cap is 10mm over the luxury tax line, but that is before they resign Josh Hart, which it seems both sides want to do. They can free up some money by cutting Derrick Rose.

I would rather have Naz Reid from Minnesota, but Robinson is more proven. Just not as good on offense or passing, but probably a lot better on defense.
Have you EVER seen Dallas get a post player touches?
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Does high post count?
superunknown
AG
This looks fun as hell. Any of you partisans wanna join and give us other folks a recap?

Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

This looks fun as hell. Any of you partisans wanna join and give us other folks a recap?

Can't but would love it.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Does high post count?
It would if this was 2011. Luka is the only guy I see with the ball when I watch Dallas.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

Does high post count?
It would if this was 2011. Luka is the only guy I see with the ball when I watch Dallas.
Maybe because Luka doesn't exactly have a Tyson Chandler or DeAndre Jordan down low to lob to. Kristaps averaged 20ppg in Dallas. Christian Wood only takes 30% of his shots at the basket - he takes more from three. Their other bigs are JaVale McGee, Dwight Powell, Davis Bertans, and Maxi Kleber. Not exactly guys that can get those tough paint points.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.