***********2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

30,286 Views | 449 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by West Texan
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that we have about $8 mil to fill these last 2 roster spots, are we still thinking we just bring back Mamu and Bassey and call it a day? Anyone else you guys think might be interesting there? Gordon Hayward is still floating around.
West Texan
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

Now that we have about $8 mil to fill these last 2 roster spots, are we still thinking we just bring back Mamu and Bassey and call it a day? Anyone else you guys think might be interesting there? Gordon Hayward is still floating around.

I'm a big Mamu fan, so I hope we bring him back for the end of the bench. If Bassey could ever stay healthy he'd be a great third big to have. If we're gonna sign a new player and take a chance on someone, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Saddiq Bey and seeing if we can get him back to being a useful player again.
Guitarsoup
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

Is Ingram going to be 2-way? If not, he's one and Bassey or Mamu is the other
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

Is Ingram going to be 2-way? If not, he's one and Bassey or Mamu is the other

I see no reason to give Ingram a roster spot when we have two open 2 way spots available as well.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

All his simplification proves to me is that I still don't understand all the NBA cap rules…
Guitarsoup
AG

FTAG 2000
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Dude will be coaching the summer league for two mil when he's done
Guitarsoup
AG

TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Everything is there but the jumper, he's been by far the best player on the court today
West Texan
AG
Summer Spurs finally get a win against China. Castle is the only guy worth talking about as no one else on the squad is anywhere close to being an NBA player.
-the vision and passing really pop. For a guy that spent this past year not playing PG, he makes second and third level reads like he's been doing it all along. If he had better players around him he probably finishes with close to 10 assists tonight. Only 1 turnover is equally as impressive as his ability to constantly make the right play.
-his ability to be disruptive on the defensive end showed up more tonight with 3 steals. Really like his activity on the defensive end so far.
-he's fearless when attacking the rim and goes right into the contact. Had a couple nice finishes over the Chinese big man, had a big dunk in the middle of the lane, also missed a couple he should have made. The way he goes up strong, I think he'll be able to become really good around the rim.
-the jumper was pretty rough tonight. He finally hit a couple midrange pull ups late, but he consistently missed short. 0-6 from three and 2-4 from the free throw line. He's got plenty of time to work on it, but until he becomes more of a threat everyone will go under screens and stay attached to shooters and force him to attempt jump shots.
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Summer Spurs finally get a win against China. Castle is the only guy worth talking about as no one else on the squad is anywhere close to being an NBA player.
-the vision and passing really pop. For a guy that spent this past year not playing PG, he makes second and third level reads like he's been doing it all along. If he had better players around him he probably finishes with close to 10 assists tonight. Only 1 turnover is equally as impressive as his ability to constantly make the right play.
-his ability to be disruptive on the defensive end showed up more tonight with 3 steals. Really like his activity on the defensive end so far.
-he's fearless when attacking the rim and goes right into the contact. Had a couple nice finishes over the Chinese big man, had a big dunk in the middle of the lane, also missed a couple he should have made. The way he goes up strong, I think he'll be able to become really good around the rim.
-the jumper was pretty rough tonight. He finally hit a couple midrange pull ups late, but he consistently missed short. 0-6 from three and 2-4 from the free throw line. He's got plenty of time to work on it, but until he becomes more of a threat everyone will go under screens and stay attached to shooters and force him to attempt jump shots.

I think Ingram has a legit shot. Hes a big dude with a 7 ft wingspan and shot very well.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Do we know what time today that we find out if Bassey cleared waivers?
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

West Texan said:

I think Ingram has a legit shot. Hes a big dude with a 7 ft wingspan and shot very well.

IMO he's got a long way to go and his time would be better spent in the G league where he can get lots of minutes to develop. The game looks like it's still a little too fast for him. He shot the ball really well last night off the catch and he rebounded well but that's about it. He's very limited off the dribble, and he's going to have to be able to attack close outs so opponents don't just run him off the line. When he does attack, he struggled to finish at the rim. He does keep his eyes up looking for the open man, but once again he's just a tick slow on his decision making right now. Defensively he got lost on switches several times with all the different actions that were being run. He does play hard and crashes the boards, so there's definitely a role for him going forward that he seems to understand, but I'd rather him get those minutes in Austin then just be buried on the end of our bench.
superunknown
AG
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Ag Natural said:

West Texan said:

IMO he's got a long way to go and his time would be better spent in the G league where he can get lots of minutes to develop. The game looks like it's still a little too fast for him. He shot the ball really well last night off the catch and he rebounded well but that's about it. He's very limited off the dribble, and he's going to have to be able to attack close outs so opponents don't just run him off the line. When he does attack, he struggled to finish at the rim. He does keep his eyes up looking for the open man, but once again he's just a tick slow on his decision making right now. Defensively he got lost on switches several times with all the different actions that were being run. He does play hard and crashes the boards, so there's definitely a role for him going forward that he seems to understand, but I'd rather him get those minutes in Austin then just be buried on the end of our bench.

Yeah if Ingram is cracking your rotation as a rookie that means you've had some injuries. He'll get plenty of g-league minutes. I'm just saying he's closer than you stated. Remember that he's an older guy too.
Ag Natural
AG
I haven't seen anyone mention Devin Carters injury. He's having shoulder surgery and may miss the season. I know some on here wanted the Spurs to take him at 8.
jteagle
AG
Sidy is coming off off-season surgery. Hoping he is just rusty. I thought he looked good at the end of the season. They could use his defense on the second unit.
West Texan
AG
jteagle said:

Sidy is coming off off-season surgery. Hoping he is just rusty. I thought he looked good at the end of the season. They could use his defense on the second unit.

I'm hoping it's just rust as well, because he's been awful in his summer league games.
LawHall88
AG
jteagle
AG
Victor's brother
Enzo The Baker
AG

Lowe thinks we are going to contend for the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bassey cleared waivers, and we can sign him with an exception
jteagle
AG
France plays Serbia today in a warm-up game. Not sure where you can see it.

Also Summer league starts. Rockets vs Lakers, Hawks vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs Timberwolves ESPN a d ESPN 2.

Spurs play tomorrow.
LawHall88
AG
jteagle said:

France plays Serbia today in a warm-up game. Not sure where you can see it.

Also Summer league starts. Rockets vs Lakers, Hawks vs. Wizards, Pelicans vs Timberwolves ESPN a d ESPN 2.

Spurs play tomorrow.
https://www.nba.com/watch/event/france-vs-serbia
Guitarsoup
AG

jteagle
AG
Found it on YouTube too.
superunknown
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
Sheppard looks so good at summer league.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

On the other hand, Bronny James looks exactly like what I expected!
Ag Natural
AG
Dillingham 4pts, 2-12, 0-5 from 3 in his debut. He did have 5 assists.
Ag Natural
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I would feel for Bronny because he's a mid-level college player being forced to pose as an NBA player. He isn't good and he has 8 million guaranteed so I guess he has the last laugh.
Sher Thing
AG
Yeah Sheppard looked good. Let's see what Castle can do tonight.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I would feel for Bronny because he's a mid-level college player being forced to pose as an NBA player. He isn't good and he has 8 million guaranteed so I guess he has the last laugh.

Yeah, I agree. It's not his fault and he's in a terrible situation. The funny part of it is that the Lakers need help and they're paying a G league player $8 million.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

Dillingham 4pts, 2-12, 0-5 from 3 in his debut. He did have 5 assists.

I didn't watch the whole game but he looked lost on defense at times.
Shannon looked really good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.