***********2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

30,272 Views | 449 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by West Texan
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cavs gave Evan Mobley a max extension.

Next year, they will have Mitchell at 30%, Mobley and Garand at 25% and Allen+Strus at $36MM. Those 5 put them over the cap.
Earth Rider
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Cavs gave Evan Mobley a max extension.

Next year, they will have Mitchell at 30%, Mobley and Garand at 25% and Allen+Strus at $36MM. Those 5 put them over the cap.
Do they really think they can beat the Celtics and knicks. I guess they guaranteed a top 5 east conference team by doing that,, but I don't think they will ever be nba champs with that
LawHall88
AG
AggieEP
I mean, everyone is getting huge numbers, Cavs don't have much choice here, what's their leverage with Mobley? If he gets to free agency he'll gladly walk.

At a certain point you have your guys and you have to try and win with them. It took Boston 7 years to win it with the Tatum and Brown pairing, I see no reason why the Spiderman and Mobley pairing shouldn't be given a chance to mature and run its course. Ideally they can find a way to turn Garland into a wing at some point or hit on a draft pick and then they are looking legit in the East.

Also, you have to think the Celtics window is really only the next 2 or maybe 3 years before they have to shed some salary. So I don't think the Cavs or anyone in the East should be worried about the Celtics being the monster they are today 3 years from now.
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

Interesting choice. I thought Barlow would get it. We need the bodies
West Texan
AG

TP carrying the Olympic torch!
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Reading between the lines, I think Barlow didn't want to be back, possibly because we sort of mishandled his appearances when he was on a 2-way. We didn't offer him a QO and there haven't really been any rumors of us bringing him back once the offseason began. Sucks because I really like him as a potential rotation level player on a playoff team eventually.
Guitarsoup
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

Reading between the lines, I think Barlow didn't want to be back, possibly because we sort of mishandled his appearances when he was on a 2-way. We didn't offer him a QO and there haven't really been any rumors of us bringing him back once the offseason began. Sucks because I really like him as a potential rotation level player on a playoff team eventually.

We didn't offer the QO to save the money and he asked us not to so that he could get agree agent contract. He would have been a RFA otherwise, which makes it harder to sign with a team, because teams don't want to deal with it.

We also didn't offer Mamu a QO to save money.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
We did offer Mamu a QO though, we just pulled it for the Barnes trade. In my experience if a player asks us to pull their QO then they're looking to leave. Lonnie Walker and Jonathan Simmons being good examples. Unless a player has an extension lined up, I don't ever buy the "I just want you to drop my QO so I can get a better market" thing that agents always say.
Guitarsoup
AG
TheNotoriousP.I.P. said:

We did offer Mamu a QO though, we just pulled it for the Barnes trade. In my experience if a player asks us to pull their QO then they're looking to leave. Lonnie Walker and Jonathan Simmons being good examples. Unless a player has an extension lined up, I don't ever buy the "I just want you to drop my QO so I can get a better market" thing that agents always say.
Yeah, I think there is a difference in opinions on what a player's value is at play for sure.

With Simmons, the Spurs let him walk and Orlando gave him a 3y20M that he totally didn't live up to.

Then Lonnie walked and got half a MLE then the veteran minimum. He didn't get any contract offers this summer.

I don't know what Barlow thought he was worth after putting up 12/10 per 36 in garbage time, but it is clear he isn't worth more than the vet minimum.
West Texan
AG
Tiago Splitter is an assistant coach for Brazil. Love all of the Spurs connections in the Olympics.
HtownWilly12
Wemby knocking down 3s is just scary

Edit. Also WHAT. behind the basket lay in lol
FTAG 2000
AG
Such a weird first half. Ignoring Wemby on offense while they got down 12. Took a timeout and said oh maybe we should get the ball to Wemby. Now up at the half.

It's not rocket science.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The behind-the-basket lay was…something else. It's not right. Dr. J on steroids.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

The behind-the-basket lay was…something else. It's not right. Dr. J on steroids.

You have a nice picnic today?
LawHall88
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Is that good?

West Texan
AG

As expected.
LawHall88
AG
I am intrigued by Minix, but I guess the plan now is to hopefully sign him to a G-League contract.
DTP02
AG
Caught some of the France-Japan game today. One takeaway is that Gobert is having a tough time coming to grips with the fact that Wemby is clearly the better player.
Guitarsoup
AG
Barlow got a two-way with the Hawks. Destroy them from within
Obi Wan Ginobili
Guitarsoup said:

Is that good?

Someone BADLY needs to pull up the threads with all the idiots on this forum saying he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.
LawHall88
AG
superunknown
AG
DTP02 said:

Caught some of the France-Japan game today. One takeaway is that Gobert is having a tough time coming to grips with the fact that Wemby is clearly the better player.

I saw Wemby's rating in 2k is an 89 for the coming season. That's pretty good.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

Guitarsoup said:

Is that good?

Someone BADLY needs to pull up the threads with all the idiots on this forum saying he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

Thanks for volunteering
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

The tank commander getting paid.

Zero career playoff games.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Not really sure what we see to take a flyer on Flynn.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan said:

Not guaranteed, so I assume we could cut him loose if he plays poorly in training camp.
Guitarsoup
AG
LawHall88 said:

West Texan said:

Not guaranteed, so I assume we could cut him loose if he plays poorly in training camp.
And we can dump off Branham or Wesley if he plays better for us.

Got a lot of competition for that 4th string PG slot. Plus Nunez waiting in Barca.
Obi Wan Ginobili
Guitarsoup said:

Lolz eat **** Dillon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.