***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,807 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, I get it TPE

ETA: thread got cleaned up
LB12Diamond
AG
Thoughts on the young Jedi knight using Solo's line.
PatAg
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Thoughts on the young Jedi knight using Solo's line.
A lot of people say "ive got a bad feeling about this" in the Star Wars universe.
Cliff.Booth
Star Wars was a massively popular franchise that most of grew up very invested in. Why wouldn't we watch and react to it? You want a thread where everyone universally loves a series? You want the admin to try to help you make your thread an echo chamber? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of entertainment content, scroll and cope. I freaking loved SW growing up, the last SW production I've really enjoyed was Rogue One. I WANT to like anything SW that is created, but much of it, like this series so far, is lackluster at best.

[We will allow critiques of episodes, characters, story arcs, etc. It is correct that OPs of thread starts should not expect everyone to post just positive reviews of a tv series. However, there is criticism and there is hyper-negativity. Those that don't like the show and will never like the show need to tread carefully. Dropping in on a thread discussion among users that are fans of the tv show are trolling the thread discussion if they are jamming the discussions with only negative posts and posts talking about Disney as a company or the showrunners politics/activism. There are other places on the platform to have those discussion. This thread is not that place. -Staff]
fig96
AG
justnobody79 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Madmarttigan said:

I must have missed the two mothers part but of course even if mentioned in passing heads will explode
You missed it because it wasn't in there.
??????

unless you watched a different version than me they were talking about Osha's childhood and how she lost her entire family and they specifically mentioned "both her mothers" or "her two mothers"
Pretty sure it just said "your mothers" which could be interpreted in a variety of ways as TPE mentioned.
Red Five
AG
Maybe they could have his deadbeat dad, Dewback Doug show up.
Madmarttigan
AG
Before we take a deep dive into this season I would like to go on the record saying the masked baddie is a CGI drawn 20 something year old Palpatine… because somehow.. he's alive already.

I also think Mae's sidekick guy is more than he lets on. He defended himself against Mae and knew Osha was alive and her twin before Mae even did.
TCTTS
AG
I... wouldn't be completely opposed to this?
Madmarttigan
AG
TCTTS said:

This shows how low your standards have fallen
Red Five
AG
Madmarttigan said:

Before we take a deep dive into this season I would like to go on the record saying the masked baddie is a CGI drawn 20 something year old Palpatine… because somehow.. he's alive already.

I also think Mae's sidekick guy is more than he lets on. He defended himself against Mae and knew Osha was alive and her twin before Mae even did.
I don't think Qimir necessarily knew who Osha was. He just recognized that she wasn't Mae and remarked about how similar they looked.
bluefire579
AG
Red Five said:

Madmarttigan said:

I don't think Qimir necessarily knew who Osha was. He just recognized that she wasn't Mae and remarked about how similar they looked.
At the very least, we know he's much smarter than Jason
Mathguy64
AG
TCTTS said:

No. Just no.

There is a ton of canon to draw from that they can flesh out. Please do not take the lazy way out. They don't need Palps here.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

Madmarttigan said:

He definitely was able to physically stop her at least momentarily. Maybe "He" has more than one Acolyte and Qiimir is a different sort than Mae. When you hear the term "acolyte" in other settings, it usually means one of a group. Hell, maybe Osha really is one of them as well. It could be a competition by "He" to pick his new apprentice, sort of like what happens on Korriban in the KOTOR game - all of the students are trying to get prestige points to become Sith.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
bluefire579 said:

Red Five said:

Madmarttigan said:

At the very least, we know he's much smarter than Jason
LB12Diamond
AG
That's right. I like thinking it was only Solo bc he was the best at it.
PatAg
AG
LB12Diamond said:

That's right. I like thinking it was only Solo bc he was the best at it.
He's definitely who I think of first
oragator
The more I think about it, I'm likely out. Most of the pieces are recycled, it's just lazy. Sassy computer sidekick, twins, hidden dark side figure pulling the strings, the council missing the danger, the Jedi and paduan sent to fix it, etc. and that's before all the culture stuff.
If enough people tune out maybe they will finally get the message that just slapping a Star Wars name on something isn't good enough anymore. And yes, I realize that's wishful thinking. They will probably bring Yoda in, everyone will go ape poop and suddenly the faults will be forgotten.
But good luck to those who hang in, hope it gets better for you.
Dekker_Lentz
AG

Red Five said:

Madmarttigan said:

He definitely was able to physically stop her at least momentarily. Maybe "He" has more than one Acolyte and Qiimir is a different sort than Mae. When you hear the term "acolyte" in other settings, it usually means one of a group. Hell, maybe Osha really is one of them as well. It could be a competition by "He" to pick his new apprentice, sort of like what happens on Korriban in the KOTOR game - all of the students are trying to get prestige points to become Sith.

I was wondering if Qimir (Jason) is the Dark Jedi/"Him" mentoring Mae's progress. Foreshadowing Palps hiding in plain site. Maybe the Apprentice to Plagefious Master before Plagious? Darth Plagegious the book toyed with the Sith Lord's having multiple apprentices/dark side users.
Dekker_Lentz
AG

justnobody79 said:

Madmarttigan said:

I must have missed the two mothers part but of course even if mentioned in passing heads will explode
??????

unless you watched a different version than me they were talking about Osha's childhood and how she lost her entire family and they specifically mentioned "both her mothers" or "her two mothers"
I'll have to go back and check when I rewatch it. There is the possibility that it's not exactly a parental thing though. Mother Talzin is the head of the Nightsisters, but she's not every person's mother.

I thought they said "Mothers" and didn't specify a number.

And not to keep spamming posts, but I find it kinda hilarious that people want to make these shows either "greatest thing ever" or "worst thing ever." No acceptance for "Okay or Good". Like if I were to say this show was a 7.5 would that be so outlandish?
TCTTS
AG
Mathguy64 said:

TCTTS said:

No. Just no.

There is a ton of canon to draw from that they can flesh out. Please do not take the lazy way out. They don't need Palps here.

They already ruined it by bringing Palpatine back for Episode IX and making him the mastermind of basically... everything. In a weird way, leaning into that even more, and making him some kind of multi/four-era villain (High Republic, Prequels, OT, ST) wouldn't be the absolute worst thing, IMO.

That said, I would obviously much prefer the villain be someone new, or even Darth Plagueis.
TCTTS
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

justnobody79 said:

Madmarttigan said:

??????

I'll have to go back and check when I rewatch it. There is the possibility that it's not exactly a parental thing though. Mother Talzin is the head of the Nightsisters, but she's not every person's mother.

Yeah, and I'm guessing they're the coven of witches/mothers we're about to meet, one of whom is "Mother Aniseya," played by Jodie Turner-Smith, seen in the trailers.

Which would be so hilarious for the anti-woke crowd, as the two-gay-moms thing was the only "tangible" thing their outrage was clinging to.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I also had the thought that guy in the shop is the guy in the mask.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Madmarttigan said:

I also had the thought that guy in the shop is the guy in the mask.

That would be pretty cool. That actor definitely has some chameleon qualities. In the legends there are plenty of sith lords who are much more about poison and treachery than killing everyone with a lightsaber
redline248
AG
I will probably be pretty disappointed if that guy ends up as the one behind it all. Mostly b/c everyone figured it out on day 1.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

justnobody79 said:

Madmarttigan said:

??????

Yeah, and I'm guessing they're the coven of witches/mothers we're about to meet, one of whom is "Mother Aniseya," played by Jodie Turner-Smith, seen in the trailers.

Which would be so hilarious for the anti-woke crowd, as the two-gay-moms thing was the only "tangible" thing their outrage was clinging to.
This will be my only post about this.

I think it is possible that "mothers" ends up being about whatever group we have coming up, but there is a 100% reason they put it they way they did by calling it her family. It was intentional, and they knew exactly what the reaction would be.
redline248
AG
Ok 2 posts. Why is it hilarious when it is unnecessary and so easily avoidable?
AustinAg2K
Haven't watched the show yet, but could the parents be divorced? Do they have divorce in Star Wars? I know plenty of people with multiple people they call Mom, and their parents aren't gay.
Sea Speed
AG
redline248 said:

TCTTS said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

justnobody79 said:

Madmarttigan said:

??????

This will be my only post about this.

I think it is possible that "mothers" ends up being about whatever group we have coming up, but there is a 100% reason they put it they way they did by calling it her family. It was intentional, and they knew exactly what the reaction would be.

Well it is arguably the gayest star wars ever.

TCTTS
AG

[Stop bypassing obscenity filters -- Staff]
BadMoonRisin
AG
fair enough. thanks for the discussion.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Watching a few scenes again, there's a lot of black smoke that the Jedi did something really sketchy 16 years ago on Osha's home world. Mae references a crime that Torbin should confess to the Jedi council, Sol covered up that Osha had a twin at all in her records, and both Torbin and Kelbaccas are in some sort of isolation - Torbin in his trance and Kelbacca living all alone. Did the JEdi try to take Osha/Mae and it came to a fight?

Also of interest is why Osha left the order at all? Seems like they went through a lot of trouble to get her.
TCTTS
AG

Watching a few scenes again, there's a lot of black smoke that the Jedi did something really sketchy 16 years ago on Osha's home world. Mae references a crime that Torbin should confess to the Jedi council, Sol covered up that Osha had a twin at all in her records, and both Torbin and Kelbaccas are in some sort of isolation - Torbin in his trance and Kelbacca living all alone. Did the JEdi try to take Osha/Mae and it came to a fight?

Also of interest is why Osha left the order at all? Seems like they went through a lot of trouble to get her.

Like in an attempting-to-fulfill-the-prophecy kind of way? Because the could be really, really cool, and a nice little thread to the PT/OT. To the point where I might be disappointed now if it doesn't turn out to be true.
PatAg
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16
BQRyno
AG
Apologies if this has been addressed - why did they make Star Wars combat into to Matrix? Has there ever been this much hand to hand combat by Jedi before? Feels weird and forced.

Also, the pacing feels super off. The story has potential. The acting is either bad or intentionally flat as has been mentioned by many. It just feels off.
redline248
AG

100% something weird happened. Mae thought Osha was dead. Osha thought Mae was dead. I think even the origin of the fire is questionable? Sol might not even know all the stuff that Torbin knew, since he claimed he saw Mae dead, but Torbin said he's been waiting for her.

I bet Sol, and whoever else, hid record of the twin bc the council might have been worried even more about Osha's grief and whether she could let it go.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.