******* Cowboys Official Season Thread 2024 *******

47,617 Views | 857 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

I'm not letting Dallas off the hook just yet, because how you win and how you lose does matter.

But... very interesting week when all 4 of the NFC pre-season favorites lost.
True. But one of these losses wasnt like the others…

Edit: wasnt
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Counting the CD and Dak contracts, the Cowboys have 65 million in cap space this year. They had plenty to spend on free agents, but they never do. We spend less than any other team on free agency, and we are constantly shopping the bargain bin.

I'm not a cap expert so feel free to correct me, but I do know some things. One of those being, unused cap space can roll over into the following year (I'm not sure if all of it rolls over or a %).

It's very likely that's the play and that's how they sign Micah. Also gotta keep in mind that, as far as I know, they will probably need that $65 million cap space next year to cover for all of the dead money hitting the cap (dead money due to past restructures of Dak, Martin, Tank).

All that to say... it's probably not near as black and white as it appears. But I do hope they find a way to trade a pick (hopefully 4th round or later) before the deadline and bring in a really good DT. This cap space will allow us to take on extra salary if needed.
Ag Natural
AG
jr15aggie said:

Quote:

Counting the CD and Dak contracts, the Cowboys have 65 million in cap space this year. They had plenty to spend on free agents, but they never do. We spend less than any other team on free agency, and we are constantly shopping the bargain bin.

I'm not a cap expert so feel free to correct me, but I do know some things. One of those being, unused cap space can roll over into the following year (I'm not sure if all of it rolls over or a %).

It's very likely that's the play and that's how they sign Micah. Also gotta keep in mind that, as far as I know, they will probably need that $65 million cap space next year to cover for all of the dead money hitting the cap (dead money due to past restructures of Dak, Martin, Tank).

All that to say... it's probably not near as black and white as it appears. But I do hope they find a way to trade a pick (hopefully 4th round or later) before the deadline and bring in a really good DT. This cap space will allow us to take on extra salary if needed.
Yeah really good DTs rarely enter the open market. Christian Wilkins did this last offseason and it was newsworthy to the point that everyone was wondering what the hell Miami was thinking. I think Dexter Lawrence on the Giants is a possibility considering how incompetent that organization has been. If I'm Jerry I start making trade offers right now. Maybe we get lucky.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, it's going to have to be a trade. A team that is rebuilding and has a vet that is good, but doesn't fit into their long term strategy.

It's not always a move that the other coach appreciates, but in down years with bad ticket sales, an owner is sometimes open to saving a few million bucks!
EastSideAg2002
Thread feels pretty apathetic already after week 2.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I mean, a team that is an actual SB contender just doesn't get railed like that. Just stirred up the "here we go again"
Southlake
So, what's your best guess against Baltimore?

As bad as Dallas was last week, I think they rally and this week and beat the Ravens. Cowboys stack the box and force Lamar to throw.

Historically, Dallas has played pretty well after a loss.

28-20
Danny Vermin
Unfortunately, I don't think the Ravens can go 0-3 and still make the playoffs. I would feel differently if they had beat the Raiders.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I expect the Cowboys to win this one. They'll look very different. This has been the 15+ year ride.
Poot
Not that it was really controversial, but it was a good decision to let Tyron Smith go.
Macarthur
There were some talking heads that were very worried about that.

In fairness, that was before the draft and it sure looks like the cowboys did another solid job evaluating OL.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Gentlemen, Ngl I'm not feeling great about this game today
FightinFarrier18
AG
Watching the morning slate of games, I stand by my statement that signing Dak was the right move. 2.5 weeks and counting without a single passing touchdown by a rookie QB. Caleb "Saviour of Chicago" Williams looks lost and confused. Sam Darnold looks good, but Justin Jefferson will make any QB look good. QB play across the league this year is just not good
Danny Vermin
Was really counting on the Saints to beat the Eagles but their offense sucks today.
BassCowboy33
Danny Vermin said:

Was really counting on the Saints to beat the Eagles but their offense sucks today.

Saints can't solve that five-man front.
Chipotlemonger
AG
McCoy has been out most of the game too, that hamstrings them quite a bit
DannyDuberstein
AG
This game compared to last week lol
Tksymm7
AG
The NFL is a hard watch across the board this season.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Williams is the first rookie with a passing TD. Really ruined my hate watching
shack009
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

He's out there playing YOLO ball, but his line is truly abysmal. Even in the rare moments when he gets some semblance of time, his line is getting pushed right in to his lap.
All I do is Nguyen
shack009 said:

FightinFarrier18 said:

He's out there playing YOLO ball, but his line is truly abysmal. Even in the rare moments when he gets some semblance of time, his line is getting pushed right in to his lap.
This is why I have always said if you're gonna rebuild a team you start with the offensive and defensive lines. It does you no good to have a potential generational talent at qb (not saying Williams is, just an example) that keeps getting thrown on his ass and has zero time to throw.

Dak has almost always had a decent O-Line which is one reason why he's been so successful
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
shack009
AG
shack009 said:

FightinFarrier18 said:

lol and they just had Kmet trying to block a DE while the tackle did nothing. Led to a strip sack. They are so poorly coached also.
FightinFarrier18
AG
Did not have the giants steamrolling the browns today. Watson scandal incoming
shack009
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

I wouldn't say the Browns having multiple chances to tie in the 4th quarter is steamrolling.

They could actually win.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Saints about to F us twice in a row. What a bust
FightinFarrier18
AG
shack009 said:

FightinFarrier18 said:

I wouldn't say the Browns having multiple chances to tie in the 4th quarter is steamrolling.

They could actually win.
I hadn't checked the score in a while, just saw that they were coming back. Still, getting demolished by Daniel Jones is no bueno
jr15aggie
AG
Too soon to change the tread title?

***Official Dallas Cowboys Coaching Search***
Tksymm7
AG
We are terrible, have our wagon hitched to an aging and increasingly average QB, and have no assets outside of a couple.
jr15aggie
AG
We were fooled into thinking it would be OK late in the pre season and after week 1....

But if you listened to guys that cover the team when we opened training camp... there was SERIOUS concern about our ability to stop the run.

Those guys were 100% right. We have huge issues up front.
Ag Natural
AG
Can we bring Mike Vrabel in this week?
TREX01
Ladies and Gentlemen. mike zimmer
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
jr15aggie said:

Too soon to change the tread title?

***Official Dallas Cowboys Coaching Search***

No coach can fix this roster. This is a GM issue.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
zgolfz85
AG
Damn this franchise sucks. Just a few more Ls away from getting to golf on Sundays again
FightinFarrier18
AG
Ceedee got his bag and is just gonna coast apparently. Turpin outplayed him today.

Overshown and Dono are the only defensive players acting like they gaf.

Dak played well enough. Not great, but it was enough to win.

McCarthy continues to be a terrible game manager
ApachePilot
AG
FightinFarrier18 said:

Ceedee got his bag and is just gonna coast apparently. Turpin outplayed him today.

Overshown and Dono are the only defensive players acting like they gaf.

Dak played well enough. Not great, but it was enough to win.

McCarthy continues to be a terrible game manager

This is something that always frustrates me. So many players get paid and retire on the job. Zeke pulled this crap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.